2 Idiots, 2 Wheels, 2 Days and 831 Kilometers. A Trip to Badrinath.

Thread Starter #46
Soon we noticed some breath taking beauty of nature and captured it in our camera:-
10.JPG
11.JPG
12.JPG

Haha,Bharat ki aakhiri chai ki dukaan...
14.JPG

We enjoying the special tea...
16.JPG
17.JPG

After having the tea,as per the plan,the return trip started and we had to cover the distance from Badrinath to Haridwar in next 10 hours and we did it..[:D]
Pics to follow..

Thread Starter #47
Now we started moving towards Haridwar at full throttle..

The road going above goes to the border via Mana pass:-
15.JPG

Had my breakfast(aaloo paratha) at Joshimath:-
21.JPG

Just clicked it:-
22.JPG

Soon we were in Haridwar,here are two pics of the chilla road of Haridwar..
23.JPG
24.JPG

So the trip happily ended with paining joints and back,but was definitely most memorable trip of my life...

Thats all.......

Yesterday watched the NDTV Highway on my Plate, they showed the regions of Joshi Mutt & Auli region, but which was the narrow lane that you followed Vipul.

Is it motorable for 4 wheelers, is that an alternative route or everyone follows the same route.

If i come via Bangalore, should i commute through the same region?

My place of interest would be Kashi Mutt @ Haridwar.

Thread Starter #49
^^Buddy,the road from Joshimath to Auli is a single laned well paved tarmac road,while the non-existent road I traveled was after you move ahead of the GMVN resort of Auli and hence maybe the TV show hasn't showed it.

Definitely all the roads are motorable for 4 wheelers there,no issue at all.Even buses also go on those roads.

From wherever you come,once you cross Haridwar then there is only one road to reach Joshimath,Badrinath etc etc.
BTW,when are you coming?Or the trip is in cards and will happen some day?

^^Buddy,the road from Joshimath to Auli is a single laned well paved tarmac road,while the non-existent road I traveled was after you move ahead of the GMVN resort of Auli and hence maybe the TV show hasn't showed it.

Definitely all the roads are motorable for 4 wheelers there,no issue at all.Even buses also go on those roads.

From wherever you come,once you cross Haridwar then there is only one road to reach Joshimath,Badrinath etc etc.
BTW,when are you coming?Or the trip is in cards and will happen some day?
Oh ok, Yes the trip is in the pipeline but not now.

I am thinking to cover maximum places all the way before reaching Haridwar.

Btw what are other places one can visit near by??

Any places of interest in Nagpur, Gwalior, Agra(Taj Mahal), Mathura(If possible),Haridwar.

Its 2253 kms one way to Haridwar and 2 drivers all the way.

Thread Starter #51
There are hundreds of places to visit,I'd recommend you to plan the trip for at least 20 days here in north,only by this way you will be able to cover maximum possible ground.
Rest,don't bring ladies as they just make the plan-unplanned.

Whenever you plan the trip,do let me know and I'll guide you all the way to every place here and in fact will get some free time and try to become your guide itself.

Great finish Vipul, good to see you thoroughly enjoying your trip.

Very well composed log with nice set of pics and lovely narration, keep it up buddy.

Thread Starter #53
Thanks buddy..
So,when you are planning the same trip on two wheels?I am sure you will forget the steering thing once you do this trip on a good powerful bike..

Top Bottom