2.2 i-DTEC for CR-V in UK

Thread Starter #1
Honda is planning to launch its facelifted CR-V in the UK and we have got the first official pictures for you. It is scheduled to go on sale in January 2010.

It’s not just a mere facelift. It has got some serious mechanical changes as well. The UK spec CR-V will now be available with Honda's 2.2-litre i-DTEC diesel engine, which was first launched in the Accord last year. It produces 148 bhp and a maximum of 35.6 kgm of torque. Speculations are that Honda could also give the CR-V either a manual gearbox or a new, five-speed automatic unit.

Exteriors will now include a newly designed front bumper and grille arrangement, and a new rear bumper design. There will be an option for new 17 and 18-inch alloy wheels.

Inside, Honda says it has used upgraded fabrics and plastics. A new audio console design has also been introduced, while sound deadening around the engine and cabin has been improved.

The new Honda CR-V will be built in Swindon, UK and would be exported to 60 countries. Full specs and prices would be revealed when the car goes on sale next year.

CR-V has been hot favorite amongst SVU buyers in India, but a diesel engine has been sorely missed. CR-V is imported in India as a CBU from Japan and it's not sure if the Japan spec car would incorporate similar changes. We really hope that Honda gets the 2.2 litre i-DTEC diesel engine with the CR-V in India so that it could take up the fight with the likes of the recently launched Fortuner, the facelifted Endeavour, Captiva, X-Trail and the Outlander.

Source: http://www.autocarindia.com/new/Information.asp?id=3554

I think its time now for Honda to assemble CR-V in India. At the current price levels, if diesel comes, then price would cross the 30 lacs mark easily which is almost 10 lacs more than its diesel competition.

I think its time now for Honda to assemble CR-V in India. At the current price levels, if diesel comes, then price would cross the 30 lacs mark easily which is almost 10 lacs more than its diesel competition.
Yes CC, They have to do something to get the car around 22L or HONDA can quit from SUV segment as its meaning less to buy CRV for 30 lakhs, when you get A4 & 3 series for that rate [cheers]

Yes CC, They have to do something to get the car around 22L or HONDA can quit from SUV segment as its meaning less to buy CRV for 30 lakhs, when you get A4 & 3 series for that rate [cheers]
absolutely, it would be stupid if honda launches in that price, but you never know Honda they might price it too high as being honda for us.

Top Bottom