1971 Royal Enfield Bullet Restoration

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

I Own a 1971 Royal Enfield Bullet standard 350. all though it needs a major make over, I am more inclined towards getting it restored to its original factory state. On searching many sources, I learnt that Royal Enfield was defunct in 1971 and the usni manufactures then were actually assembling the bikes in India using imported parts from England. I have not been able to find any literature or documents or Manuals for this particular Period of production.

I am aware that i can source all the parts I need for the restoration, but what I dont know is the precise description of the parts that were assembled back in 1971. I'm Confused about the following:

Did the 1971 Model have:

- the original Smiths MPH Speedometer with Black and white amp meter.
- Rear wheel single sided break drum and Wheel hub with rear axle mounted speedometer gear and cable.
- Dynamo fitted above the CB point assembly with Advance Retire adjustment lever on the handle bar.
- Flat or curved triangular Pannier Boxes

I would like to request any member who can help me with any pics or material to refer for the above doubts concerning the originality of the 1971 make bike.

thanks

Chinmay

350Z

Core Team
I would like to request any member who can help me with any pics or material to refer for the above doubts concerning the originality of the 1971 make bike.
Welcome aboard. Although I’m not much into the bikes but I would suggest reaching out to fellow RE Owners on our forum. These links might be of some help, perhaps?

- http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/automotive-shopper/703-royal-enfield.html

- http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/6052-my-royal-enfield-bullet-350-a.html

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #3
hey Thanks for the Leads.
One of them gave a prity much idea how the original '71 should look and feel like. While my bike has a typical early 60-70s stance (the front is higher than the rear, and the bike poses a low long posture).

ANy ways, Thank you again

Top Bottom