16” Alloys For Skoda Octavia 1.9 TDI (NEED HELP)

Thread Starter #16
Re: 16” Alloys For Skoda Octavia 1.9 TDI (NEED HELP)

nice ones

so any plans of lowering the car ?
Dude, Octavia has one of the lowest Ground Clearance among the Cars in India. Even at this setup when the car is fully loaded(5 passengers), in big speed breakers, the under body tends to rub.

Jeno.

Thread Starter #18

As someone here suggested spigot rings can be the reason. So went ahead and asked the tyre dealer who sold the rim&tyre for spigot rings. They fitted 2 rings on the front wheels(as they didnt have 4 and promised to give the next week, and it has been more than 2 weeks).

Now when i drive, vibrations start from 90 kmph compared to 120 kmph before. But when i increase the speed to around 140 kmph, vibration stops(may be the frequency is too high to notice?). But there is no insane body vibration like before.

What i suspect?

• Increased weight of the wheel
  • Bent rim
  • Improper Spigot rings
  • Balancing again after fitting spigot rings?
  • Rear wheels dont have spigot rings? (but my steering vibrates, so not likely)

Im suspecting improper spigot rings because , the tyre shop guys, didnt even measure the dia of the hub in my car, they gave it , just like that. It fitted the wheel properly so outer dia was proper, but not sure about the inner dia of the ring.

Now, i came to know that the inner dia is 1mm more in the ring. [frustration]

Jeno.

Thread Starter #19

The problem is SOLVED. The spigot rings were the culprit as most of you guessed. Second set of spigot rings were also not of the proper size(it didn't fit in the hub).Then Ordered new set of 4 from a local lathe shop for a cheap price, they did a better job. And now wobbling is gone. I am enjoying the PS3 tires and 16 inchers now. cheers.

Thank you guys.

I think you need hub centric rings. Get that installed.

Before that, check balancing and alignment.
And Raj, you deserve a special thanks.

Jeno. [glasses]

Last edited:

Top Bottom