1.5L, 187NM Torque & 82.2PS: The 3 Pot Car, Accent CRDi

now i can say congrats [:)] . So what mod you are planning [thinking]

waiting for some interior pic also
His diesel car desire finally satisfied. Also, we can go for long trips now without burning hole in our pockets!

Congrats da! Waiting for weekend to check it out!

Maybe if things work well down the line, we could think about our LEH trip pretty earlier than we planned too:stupid:
let see reaction of ilango here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Ilango , get rid of those scratches in the front bumper soon , they are looking bad! And what mods in the Accent this time? I think the car is in a pretty good condition even if it has clocked so many KMS , you still din tell which year model!

Also i guess the seating , comfort , space, handling must be almost the same like Verna?

Congratulations Ilango , get rid of those scratches in the front bumper soon , they are looking bad! And what mods in the Accent this time? I think the car is in a pretty good condition even if it has clocked so many KMS , you still din tell which year model!

Also i guess the seating , comfort , space, handling must be almost the same like Verna?
Dhaya i guess it is a 2003 model if I remember correctly!

Thread Starter #19
thanks to all!!

and master , spl thanks for you!!
clicked some interior , but not in good angle , was sitting in driver seat and clicked randomly and all are in weird angle.

His diesel car desire finally satisfied. Also, we can go for long trips now without burning hole in our pockets!

Congrats da! Waiting for weekend to check it out!

Maybe if things work well down the line, we could think about our LEH trip pretty earlier than we planned too:stupid:

I want to do the leh trip in a suv , and 4x4 is desired one. also ok , if i get a 2wd scorpio/bolero/armada

hmmm looking in the finance position , i think its a long way! no very long way

so a leh trip in this crdi is planable! hope i do that soon in this car itself.

2 advantage .
in diesel this one gives good FE , so must be still lighter on pocket

And once in lifetime , must do that trip in a suv. That is a different thrill[cheers]

Thing i plan to do
1. Change the drive shaft
2.Change clutch
3.Change the timing belt
4. Do a service
5.Name transfer. since its diesel its will be in regular use. Not planning to sell this , so a name transfer is soon in cards

1 and 5 will be done immediately.

2 and 3 will be done if its needed at last moment like if we plan a hill trip in 2 to 3 month.(its time to replace both , waiting for them to still wear will be my foolishness at the end.)

@dhaya ,
car delivered with temp reg in madurai on 23rd dec 03
registered on 10 jan 04 at nagerkoil.

Mods will be carried out slowly , very slowly

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
ilango[speed thirst];71149 said:
The car , Just a single picture.
The car looks to be in a reasonable condition. All I was afraid about is the high mileage done, but hope that should not be a concern considering it is in expert hands. Eagerly waiting for the updates when you refurbish it and bring back to the almost new-like condition soon.

Drive Safe,
350Z

congrats ilango finally a diesel pot[cheers]. Man the petrol prices are sky rocketing these day. Nice colour. Had heard a lot of bad news about the 3 pot engine. Anyways we are the mechanics around our car so no much worries....[drive]

very sad you sold that lancer!! [cry] but congrats for accent buddy. it looks ordinary and 1 lakh kms is way too much. hows it to drive??

Thread Starter #26
Thank you bharathi and umang

fuel efficiency not tested.
fill with 500/- worth diesel. did about 70 kms , only in city with very light foot and needle is almost in same place.
Now the car is up in ramp for small medicine.

the drive shaft has horrible sound.
the clutch is almost gone.

got the valeo brand clutch /pressure plate/release bearing for 4750 in pondicherry,
Instead of replacing the drive shaft , i am replacing the bell alone in the drive shaft.
New bell has 2 prices , one is 1200/- and another is 1600/- at covai. one is avail for 1100/- in chennai mahaveer.

ordered 1600 one from covai. (after i get in hands alone i can know about the brand.)

4 boots for the drive shaft will be changed.

also i got the timing belt , gates brand for 600/- , in pondicherry , original as said by spare dealer was 1100/- (same gates brand in hyundai cover , dont know how he got )

tensioner bearing were 2400 and 3200 . so have put a hold on these for now.

The underbody of the car was perfect neat. I am happy with this . No no , damn happy with this.

Clutch work is going on now .
drive shaft bell yet to be received. Hope i get them tomorrow.

Total spare cost till now
6200 for clutch , timing belt , boot(3 nos) . yet to buy one not avail now.

3200 for drive shaft wheel side bell at covai + the transport charge.

insurance a 3900/- .

Had heard a lot of bad news about the 3 pot engine. Anyways we are the mechanics around our car so no much worries....[drive]
Yep i am too hearing a lot bad about the Hyundai crdi. esp in this accent.

its termed as fail car by some

To be true , i dont ever like a Hyundai brand. any car by them is never in my buying list , since they do not release spares that easily outside etc.

Got this by a exchange .

One of them in field just came this noon and said , exactly in 1L kms the car gives load of trouble. like turbo failure , self starter failure etc.

Enough of hearing them!!
i know to take care of my car ,

My car is safe until it does not visit Hyundai service.
hmmm i dont like their bill esp , am not commenting about the work.

I can see the future . Hot looking car is coming our way :P

OT : i wish you were in delhi then i too could have saved lot of money on my safari + remain happy with owner of 3000CC Beast [evil] and also if you ever plan of going leh don't forget me or other,you and me can make plan to go leh together on rented SUV :)

Thread Starter #29
haha , sure master , when the leh trip is planned , the first thing is it will be discussed in forum .
wait about 2 years - hope so

vibhor , now the accent modify is not in cards.

first its mechanical now. As it will be used in regular basis due to the reason DIESEL

next the modwork , if at all my tinker and painter are free - case of my dad 800. since tinker is busy with sierra work its standing still !!!

ilango[speed thirst];71350 said:
Thank you bharathi and umang

fuel efficiency not tested.
fill with 500/- worth diesel. did about 70 kms , only in city with very light foot and needle is almost in same place.
Now the car is up in ramp for small medicine.

the drive shaft has horrible sound.
the clutch is almost gone.

got the valeo brand clutch /pressure plate/release bearing for 4750 in pondicherry,
Instead of replacing the drive shaft , i am replacing the bell alone in the drive shaft.
New bell has 2 prices , one is 1200/- and another is 1600/- at covai. one is avail for 1100/- in chennai mahaveer.

ordered 1600 one from covai. (after i get in hands alone i can know about the brand.)

4 boots for the drive shaft will be changed.

also i got the timing belt , gates brand for 600/- , in pondicherry , original as said by spare dealer was 1100/- (same gates brand in hyundai cover , dont know how he got )

tensioner bearing were 2400 and 3200 . so have put a hold on these for now.

The underbody of the car was perfect neat. I am happy with this . No no , damn happy with this.

Clutch work is going on now .
drive shaft bell yet to be received. Hope i get them tomorrow.

Total spare cost till now
6200 for clutch , timing belt , boot(3 nos) . yet to buy one not avail now.

3200 for drive shaft wheel side bell at covai + the transport charge.

insurance a 3900/- .

Yep i am too hearing a lot bad about the Hyundai crdi. esp in this accent.

its termed as fail car by some

To be true , i dont ever like a Hyundai brand. any car by them is never in my buying list , since they do not release spares that easily outside etc.

Got this by a exchange .

One of them in field just came this noon and said , exactly in 1L kms the car gives load of trouble. like turbo failure , self starter failure etc.

Enough of hearing them!!
i know to take care of my car ,

My car is safe until it does not visit Hyundai service.
hmmm i dont like their bill esp , am not commenting about the work.

Hyundai ASS are worst guys in the business. I even tell tht Ford guys r also equally waste. My cousin's Accent CRDI the same 2003 model had a fuel pump failure at around 80000kms. Hyundai service guys charged 75000 bugs[evil] to change the pump and took more than a month to do the same[frustration]. My cousin tried all over chennai for parts he was not able to find any.

Top Bottom