“Thunderbolt” Mahindra XUV5OO Detailed Review (5 Years Report)

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
XUV under-body/monocoque chassis is already rubberised -coated.Yes the suspension components are not(which I have hand painted at max possible places)
So OK, the more the merrier.

Thread Starter #812

bhvm

Honoured Member
I've heard many people complaining rust issues in 4-5 years old Xuv. So I thought let's be safe. BTW do share your images of hand paint. And what paint you used?

I have hand painted my safari suspension & wheel wells.

Thread Starter #814

bhvm

Honoured Member
[frustration]The reverse horn has once again stopped working!
I had replaced it under warranty a few years back. I wonder to get new or just keep it as is.

Thread Starter #815

bhvm

Honoured Member
Help needed from insurance experts!
1. The renewal IDV is coming very low (5.58L) which is very less for 6 year old XUV i believe.
2. The HDFC insurance is allowing only this max IDV as per their website. Is there an option to manually raise this>?
3. I talked to Coverfox experts and he said that even if I raise IDV by selecing another insurer (A good quote is available from Bajaj Alianze with 6.62L IDV at same price) the IRDA has all data of previous insurance and they will calculate it only by deducing 10% every year, which again comes to 5.58L. So I will be paid only 5.58L regardless. Does this make sense?
4. What is Personal accident cover? Does it cover when owner is not present in the car at the time of mishap?

Thread Starter #816

bhvm

Honoured Member
Had a lengthy chat with HDFC ergo customer care due to very low IDV of Renewal. They always gave a very robotic reply that renewal IDV is 10% less than past. I have asked them to eselate my query and they said they'll get back in 2~3 days.

Here is what I found on IRDA website-

IDV of vehicles beyond 5 years of age and of obsolete models of the vehicles ( i.e. models which the manufacturers have discontinued to manufacture) is to be determined on the basis of an understanding between the insurer and the insured.

IDV shall be treated as the ‘Market Value’ throughout the policy period without any further depreciation for the purpose of Total Loss (TL) / Constructive Total Loss (CTL) claims.

The insured vehicle shall be treated as a CTL if the aggregate cost of retrieval and / or repair of the vehicle, subject to terms and conditions of the policy, exceeds 75% of the IDV of the vehicle.

Attachments

Thread Starter #817

bhvm

Honoured Member
Got a call from some senior of HDFC ergo and they are ready to give Same IDV as last year (6.20L) and same premium as last year. However as this transaction is from backend it cannot be renewed on Coverfox or HDFC website. They are going to send me a payzapp Payment link, after which policy will be generated in 2~3 days.

I have asked all the details in email for clarity, Lets see.

Thread Starter #818

bhvm

Honoured Member
bhvm;575439 said:
The reverse horn has once again stopped working!
I had replaced it under warranty a few years back. I wonder to get new or just keep it as is.
Does anyone know the spec of reverse horn being used in XUV? Does it work on simple voltage? If so I could swap it with a Generic horn or buzzer? or does the circuitry inside make a melody and the horn works like a speaker/Hooter?

A person having 1 monster and 1 whale in his garage is using Windows 7, WHY WHY WHY????????
Well, jokes apart, hows your life going on with your Xuv??
I heard from a friend of mine who also has a pre-facelift XUV that his Xuv was developing some rust underneath.
Do you experience the same?

Thread Starter #821

bhvm

Honoured Member
A person having 1 monster and 1 whale in his garage is using Windows 7, WHY WHY WHY????????
A couple of years ago I brought a few new laptops. They came with Win-doze 10 installed.
The win-doze 10 made all the apps spin around and have so many confusing menus. All the spinning apps made my Head spin.
So I ditched Win-doze 10 and "UPGRADED" to Windows 7.
Unlike win 10, Win 7 is a proper Desktop OS designed for Traditional keyboard/mouse use. Win 7 Does not spy on you and does not delete your files or install updates without your permission.

Win 7 supports Transparency, Looks cleaner and has gadgets. Here is how my Desktop looks (office chimp). My Home chimps look even more beautiful.
Clipboard01.jpg

hows your life going on with your Xuv??
Quite lonesome. Missing a ride since months now. Reverse horn is out. Cabin has developed a Leak. I have'nt paid attention lately.
developing some rust underneath.
“Thunderbolt” Mahindra XUV5OO Detailed Review (5 Years Report)

Hearing the same, this valentines day I gifted my XUV an Anti rust coating. Details above.
BTW no, My XUV is not rusty at all.

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
@mayankdixit
I have undone all plastic clips & wiper bolts. However the wiper arms are quite stuck & won't budge at all. Do I need to pull them sharply?
No dont jerk it off.It will crack!
Use a screwdriver beneath the arm.Wrap it in cloth so it wont scratch the plastic.Use rubber or cloth on the fulcrum point too. Use it for Leverage to push the arms out gradually.Use WD40 on the bolt points 30 min prior to all this.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #824

bhvm

Honoured Member
They're in wd40 since 2 days now.
I have also tried using a spanner (which fits very nicely) under the wiper arm mount point to provide some leverage. But unfortunately both wipers are stuck. I was wondering if there is any hidden check pin or threading that I missed?

Top Bottom