DIY Hyundai Creta HID Install | DHB3 Osram HID Kit

Thread Starter #1
Hello everyone,
Being my first DIY as well as first post on this forum forgive me for some mistakes I might have made while writing this review.

So lets start...
As you might be knowing creta has really pathetic headlight projectors with halogen bulb in it and to be very honest halogen wasn't doing any justice to it. So after searching a bit in the market as well as online. I had two options to upgrade

1.HID FROM OSRAM OR PHILLIPS
2. CHINESE MAKE GOOD HID
3 LED LIGHTS

Let's first start with point 2. Chinese make I really don't trust because when they will go kaput you will have no idea. As my father drives creta he never wanted me to mess with the wirings or design of creta so my option for Chinese make dint go well.
Coming to led part I have read many reviews online of led lights inside a halogen projector won't give you a good output infact it will create issues for oncoming traffic even in low beam due to irregular beam pattern.

So finally my search narrowed down to HID WITH TEMP 4200K. As they are best suitable for every condition. On searching online I found DHB3 OSRAM HID CONVERSION KIT which was plug and play for creta projectors and it also had canbus adaptor with it which would prevent any error in the SYSTEM. Finally I ordered it on Amazon and also got it in lighting deal at a price of Rs 6590. As on the box the mrp mentioned was Rs8700 so that means I bought them for a good deal .
I have attached pictures of the box as well.

Coming to the install part.
Being a mechanical engineer I always have eager to install things myself rather than getting it installed somewhere else. so I decide to do DIY INSTALL.

Below is the process for installing be carefully with hid bulb do jo touch it with your bare hands as it might damage the bulb.

Step 1. Open the bonnet of your car. After that look for dust cap behind headlight assembly twist it anticlockwise and the Dust cap will come out.

Step 2. Disconnect oem socket from bulb slowly.

Step 3. Twist bulb anticlockwise and the bulb gets unlocked. Carefully detact bulb and keep it aside carefully.

Step 4. Now put osram hid bulb carefully inside the assembly and twist it clockwise carefully once it gets locked check if the bulb is intact or not.

Step 5. You need to make hole in the dust cover to take wire out from the assembly and seal it with rubber seal provided in osram kit.

Step 6. Now connect the oem socket with the hid socket and close the dust cap.

Step 7. Now connect the wires to the ballast looking at positive and negative poles.

Step 8. Secure the ballast and canbus adaptor where they are away from water.

Step 9. Close the bonnet and you ready to hit the roads. And you will see the difference.
I have also made video of the whole process covering somepart of it. Forgive me my low voice as am very much new to all this. I have attached link also do watch the video. For any queries feel free to ask or guide me.

Here's the link

https://youtu.be/K7QrakVdsEU

Thank you once again.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #2
Re: Creta hid install | dhb3 osram hid kit

Below are some pics for your references.

Attachments

HID's do make a great difference especially on completely dark roads. A good choice!
I too have got them installed in my car - Hyundai Fluidic Verna SX (O) with projectors, the same 9005 DHB3 kit but not OSRAM but a brand called Red Bird (4300K) with 1 year warranty. Doing its job well.

Thread Starter #6

HID's do make a great difference especially on completely dark roads. A good choice!
I too have got them installed in my car - Hyundai Fluidic Verna SX (O) with projectors, the same 9005 DHB3 kit but not OSRAM but a brand called Red Bird (4300K) with 1 year warranty. Doing its job well.
Thanxx greatatv....
I have doubt do u have a proper cut off of lights from projector using hid in it? Coz I am a bit improper low beam. It's not much of an issue but still if any way to install or correct the bulb alignment.

@Shub8855 Is your headlamp housing a projector or reflector? Because HID bulbs produce light differently to Halogens (throughout the bulbs rather than at a point source), they tend not to have a clean cutoff without projectors. Your HID focus looks better than most reflector assemblies I've seen, but it's still worth verifying that you're not blinding oncoming traffic.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #10
Hi Shub8855. Sharing a couple of pictures of my low beam and high beam here. The cut outs seem to be ok.
hi greatatv Thanxx for sharing those pictures. The output is amazing. Request you to take pics while moving a bit forward and aligning your light throw on the wall and look for spots with very dim light just above the cutoff at centre. Do post a pic of it.

hi Shub8855,
Superb DIY, your detailed thread has made it look super easy,
you have done a great job and the output from the Osram's are amazing.
4200k was a good choice, the color of 4200k suits indian conditions.

Thread Starter #12
hi Shub8855,
Superb DIY, your detailed thread has made it look super easy,
you have done a great job and the output from the Osram's are amazing.
4200k was a good choice, the color of 4200k suits indian conditions.
Hi SilverEyez Thanks for Your Feedback.
Do check out the Video as well.
Looking at your Profile Pic you own a baleno alpha i guess well same pinch [:D].

Thread Starter #14
Awesome DIY buddy. can you also tell/show where is the ballast secured .
What tool was used to make hole in the dustcover and how big is the hole ?
Hi teamsachinf1 first of all thank you very much.
Talking about the ballast well on the driver side I have secured it under the coolant bottle using 3m double sided tape, I don't have pic of it also I have tied canbus using zip ties. Passenger side I have secured it under battery cover using 3m to prevent any water logging.
To make the hole in dust cap well I havent used any tool I just had a big scissors at my home ..using it turning it clockwise and anticlockwise till the hole was of size equal to the rubber seal provided from osram. ..

Top Bottom