Driving 600 Kms in My Tata Nano

Thread Starter #1
18th july. It was around 6:30 in the evening and i was getting back to my college from home. i had to pick my friend in kollam and to get back to college campus which is some 20 km from kollam. so i had my 1st campus placements in our coimbatore campus (ettimadi) on 20th morning 8 O'clock and we must be there by 19th night. most people already booked train tickets and we both were expecting college people to arrange some transport facilities. but later we came to know that our college did not arrange any transports. so no tickets available in train and also in AIrbus.

later we both sat down to think what we should do. so there came little light in our plan. why cant we go in nano. i had no idea in the route. so thanks to google maps. took a print of the route guide from google maps and also updated the offline maps in my android.

morning after submitting the necessary things to the college, we started the journey by 11am. road was not that good. potholes here and there with a mild traffic. filled full tank that costed 800rs.

our next stop was Alappuzha for lunch. had a good meal at Hotel Aryaas in eranakulam road. then headed towards coimbatore. the road from cherthala to trissur was excellent 4 track with some signals here and there and yes i made 100kmph here and almost smoked all cars here.

then comes the worst road trissur- palakad. very narrow with bumps and pothole and the private bus drivers over here are really mad. ooh! i really get a mild attack while seeing there driving skills. over here i couldnt cross 40kmph and mostly in 2nd or 3rd gear. then come a huge stagnant traffic at waalayar the border. some how crossed everything are reached the destination by 6 pm. so i made the journey in 7 hrs. got an average approximate mileage of 25 kmpl. and i stayed in the campus hostel

next day test was just like a time pass event. i came out after the first round and my friend got selected and he went till the final round and got rejected there. so when i got my results by evening 6. i vacated the hostel and came to the city and stayed in my another friend's house.

20th july: so got up by 10 am. had no plans in my mind . so thought of roaming around the city. visited Brokefields mall in RSpuram and had some fun then later had some drive in the city..

21st july. the return journy. this was actually better than the last. no traffic atall . started around 9 am and made a relaxing stop and drive. visited gold suke mall in ernakulam. spent around 1 hr there and reached back by 6pm.

so here are some pics of the beautiful NH. saw many exoitics. BMW, Merc, Prado, AUDI, Mitsubishi 3000GT and a rolls Royce.

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.jpg

7.jpg

Capture.JPG

Nice pic's ! The mileage you have got is a very good number, I guess it was with out using A/C. also I guess it was a spirited driving. So you have achieved the top speed of 105. Great.[:)] How was the handling at 80+ speeds.

Any ways, drive safe

Thread Starter #3
Nice pic's ! The mileage you have got is a very good number, I guess it was with out using A/C. also I guess it was a spirited driving. So you have achieved the top speed of 105. Great. How was the handling at 80+ speeds.

Any ways, drive safe
full AC drive. initially i was approximately getting 28kmpl. lost everything in the bad roads. steering vibrates after 90 kmph and there was a little bit drag due to wind and first time i felt the fuel cut off at 108 kmph and RPM was around 5800

then comes the worst road trissur- palakad. very narrow with bumps and pothole and the private bus drivers over here are really mad. ooh! i really get a mild attack while seeing there driving skills.
This is one of the worst route i have driven as you have noticed the private buses are a menace and life threatening, this route is the most stressful route i have ever driven.

Top Bottom