NH 5 - Nellore To Vijayawada

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

Posting here are Some pics of National Highway 5 taken while on my drive from Nellore to Hyderabad via Vijayawada.

Attachments

350Z

Core Team
Awesome. It’s surely one of the Indian highways to watch out for. I could already sense the pleasure one would feel by driving around there. It’s unfortunate that a few people consider such highways as a drag stripe to race their rides. For me, these roads are meant to be driven calmly by enjoying the beauty of nature alongside. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hi Ravi,
Nice pictures, really great highway to drive. photo's remind me the trip made in may'2011 in this highway from Chennai to Secunderabad. As shown in one of your photo, taken left turn after Ongole towards Addanki, up to this point of NH 7 trip was awesome, but after that entered state highway nightmare starts. Addanki to X-road point, road laying work under progress and most of the stretches were looks like bomb shelled area. With outside temp of 45 degree, managed with my Manza (super cool inside) takes 3 hours to cross just 90kms.
From X-Road the state highway really nice up to Narketpalli, then NH 9 towards Hyderabad 4 lane works going on, reached Secunderabad after 10 hours of total travel. Return journey to Chennai, via Ananthapur-Chitoor-Ranipet.
Kindly update the road conditions, will be helpful for me.

Last edited:
Nice pics Ravi. This sure is one of the best roads on to drive on!
Esp...the road from Visakhapatnam to Chennai is the one of the awesomest roads i've driven in south-india.
I'm a regular commute till Guntur from Bangalore on this road.

Ravi, please add any new nice family-friendly locations to eat on this road. Esp between Nellore & Ongole.

you are right 350z..but it is hard for us(hyderabadis)to control the joy of riding on this strip from vijayawada to naidupeta(we often go "TIRUMALA").because the NH from hyd to vja is a 2 lane road(now 4 lane is under construction)with heavy traffic,narrow margins,pot holes..what not?all the miserys.. . it takes 7hrs to travel 300 kms.

then starts this beautiful NH7.we reach naidupeta (not less than 300 kms)with in 4 hrs.not racing but i maintain above 120 kmph..below that speed ,i feel,am i in my 60's!!

thanks to NHAI .the NH9 now become 4 lane(leaving small strips in between) last sunday i reached vijayawada in 4:30hrs.

you are right 350z..but it is hard for us(hyderabadis)to control the joy of riding on this strip from vijayawada to naidupeta(we often go "TIRUMALA").because the NH from hyd to vja is a 2 lane road(now 4 lane is under construction)with heavy traffic,narrow margins,pot holes..what not?all the miserys.. . it takes 7hrs to travel 300 kms.

then starts this beautiful NH7.we reach naidupeta (not less than 300 kms)with in 4 hrs.not racing but i maintain above 120 kmph..below that speed ,i feel,am i in my 60's!!

thanks to NHAI .the NH9 now become 4 lane(leaving small strips in between) last sunday i reached vijayawada in 4:30hrs.

Top Bottom