Bangalore To Agumbe 3 Days Trip

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends,

This is my first thread / post in the voyage section..[;)]

This trip was a long time pending, finally completed this trip on 4th of this month. Started on 8:00 am 1 st june.

No of people travelled - 3 + luggage and my sub and what all !!

Place - Bangalore to Agumbe

Route followed - Bagalore > Nice road > Channarayanapattna > Hassan > Belur > Agumbe.

We made a stay at Sringeri, as there we no availability of rooms in Agumbe.

It is just 30kms from Sringeri. So left all the luggage at the room, we headed towards Agumbe, so see the sun set, waited almost for an hour finally we could see the sun set.

Again came back to Sringeri had our dinner and then a bit of shopping by my mom [lol]. Next morning visited the temple, then went to a near by falls call Sri mane falls it was good, Please visit the place nice one. Its 30kms from Sringeri.

Then left to Kollur via Agumbe > Vandse (115 kms) then headed towards Murudeshwar .

Kollur to Murudeshwar (63 kms)

Happily enjoyed in the beach in the evening, we reached Murudeshwar by 5 pm and stayed in Kamath Hotel. Next moring asusual visited the temple and the surroundings, it was raining heavily (very tough to drive,no a/c).

Left the room at 9.30 am and next destination was Idagunji 18 kms from Murudeshwar, visited the temple again then headed towards Apsara Konda 8 kms from there it was a nice one.

Finally next one to honnavar then to JOG Falls 70 kms..
Sad there was very little water was left, hence left the place..

Final destination home - Bangalore.

Route - Jog Falls > Shimoga > Arsikere > Tumkur (385 kms)

Total Kms done 1170 kms, time taken 3 days approx.
Avg mileage 19 kms.

Thread Starter #3
Continued :

Attachments

Nice drive Varun. Those pics are fab! Amazed on how you manage to drive without an AC during heavy rains..

Wow Varun good to know you enjoyed the trip.

Those pics just refreshed my memory of visit to Sringeri.

But how you did Sringeri via S.K.Border???

Did you visit swami Ashram just after crossing the bridge at Sringeri.

The real time to visit Agumbe in rains is all together different experience.

Waiting for more of pics[:)] and your experiences.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #11
I could not visit the Ashram as we have had leave by 8am, it was opened only after 9am for the public to visit.

Sorry I dint get your point, Sringeri via S.K.Border..

I could not visit the Ashram as we have had leave by 8am, it was opened only after 9am for the public to visit.

Sorry I dint get your point, Sringeri via S.K.Border..
It's South Kanara border which was earlier border between chikmagalur and South Kanara(Now majorly divided into Udupi Distt and Dakshina Kannada).
After these partition now there is a forest checkpost where one has to reach other part of border within stipulated time.

May be now they have shifted the checkpost on the way to Horanadu.

Great write-up Varun, those pictures were good too, The Sri Mane falls is also good, BTW where exactly does that falls come? i mean in which route?

The real time to visit Agumbe in rains is all together different experience.
No other place can beat this place in rainy season, the weather,the fog, illumination all are great to see.

Which route did you take for Murudeshwar from Kollur? Is that very near to Kollur?

Great write-up Varun, those pictures were good too, The Sri Mane falls is also good, BTW where exactly does that falls come? i mean in which route?

No other place can beat this place in rainy season, the weather,the fog, illumination all are great to see.

Which route did you take for Murudeshwar from Kollur? Is that very near to Kollur?
Vishwas for Kollur, one route is via Kundapur.

Other route is take a deviation from NH4 Hubli-Yellapur-Ankola-Murdeshwar-Maravanthe beach road- Take a left deviation after this road, which directly leads to Kollur shortcut, one need not go till Kundapur to reach Kollur.

For Idugunji after Shirali take a deviation to right towards a place called Manki.

Top Bottom