Delhi - Jaipur - Delhi Road Trip in My Polo TDI: April 2012

Thread Starter #1
Delhi-Jaipur-Delhi road trip

Trip dates

Trip start date: 06-04-2012
Trip End date: 08-04-2012
Total days: 3days

Route for Delhi-Jaipur-Delhi (235KM, 4-5 hrs drive)

Delhi-Gurgaon-Behror-Kotputli-Shahpura-Jaipur (Straight on NH

Managed to cover following in mentioned sequence

Crustal palm mall
Chokhi Dhani
Amer fort
Jaigarh fort
Kanak Vrindavan
Jal mahal
City Palace
Hawa mahal
Albert hall museum
Jaipur Zoo
Bapu bazaar
Birla temple

Our stay in Jaipur

Red fox hotel, property is nicely located with good view, only problem is pathetic service this property is understaffed, horrible experience with them will share more details in log.

Planned Itinerary:

6-04-2012 (Day-1) : Early morning start from Delhi, try to reach hotel by 12:00 noon and cover few places in evening

7-04-2012 (Day-2): Local site seeing by hotel taxi

8-04-2012 (Day-3): Late morning start to reach Delhi by late afternoon.

Our car for this trip

VW Polo diesel comfortline, Feb’2012 model

Travelers for this trip

02 persons: Me and my wife

Contd...

Last edited:
Thread Starter #2
Delhi-Jaipur-Delhi road trip in my Polo TDI: April’2012

So here goes my log of Delhi-Jaipur-Delhi road trip:

Day-1

Date: 06-04-2012
Day: Friday
Route taken: Delhi-Gurgaon-Behror-Kotputli-Shahpura-Jaipur
Destination: Hotel Redfox, Jaipur
Total KM: 235KM
Number of Halts: 1
Start time: 07:00 AM
End Time: 11:30 PM
Total Hrs: 4:30 Hrs
Total halt time: 30 Minutes
Total diesel: Got tankful in INR 500, already had enough diesel

As distance was small we did our packing in same morning itself and managed to hit the road by 7:00AM, roads are mostly empty till our first and sole break at McD near Manesar, from here road was full of diversions till Jaipur due to ongoing road widening work, lots of flyover construction work was also in progress. In next 2-3 years we can expect smooth and wide roads which may enable us to cover Delhi-Jaipur in 3 hrs flat.

We all are aware of heavy truck traffic on this stretch, they hardly gave pass to vehicles and drove parallel to each other which makes overtaking quite painful, this time due to few completed 6 lane roads things becomes little easy for us, we reached Jaipur at 11:30AM, after some rest we headed for Crystal mall at 4:00PM, due to confusion we reached old crystal mall which was quite deserted and small but later on managed to find Crystal palm mall which was full of people and action after spending few hours here we reached Chokhi Dhani by 7:300PM located on Tonk road,12KM away from the main city, it was jam packed though managed to find parking on other side of the road, this place was awesome, a must visit for first timers, after dinner we reached our hotel by 11:30PM.

To start with i am posting pics for all of you from Delhi to Jaipur:

DSC05985.JPG

DSC05988.JPG

DSC06005.JPG

DSC06017.JPG

DSC06020.JPG

DSC06024.JPG

DSC06032.JPG

DSC06040.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #3
Re: Delhi - Jaipur - Delhi Road Trip in My Polo TDI: April’2012

Day-1 contd...

Find below day1 pics contd from Delhi to Jaipur:

DSC06109.JPG

DSC06116.JPG

DSC06120.JPG

DSC06142.JPG

DSC06146.JPG

DSC06148.JPG

DSC06149.JPG

DSC06156.JPG

Thread Starter #4

Day-1 contd...

After 4.5hrs stress free drive we reached our hotel Redfox, which was located on main road with some awesome views from road facing rooms. Hotel is clean and rooms were large with reasonable price, only problem is pathetic service they forgot to collect the lunch plates from our room for more than 30Hrs even after two requests due to which room was stinking.

We booked hotel taxi for local site seeing on day2 but on next day they forgot to arrange the same though they managed to call taxi on last moment but we got late start due to all this, and on third day morning in house restaurant staff asked us to sign separate bill for complementary breakfast according to them we booked single occupancy room this confusion was cleared after half n hour argument, they spoiled our entire holiday.

Here are the few pics of hotel Redfox Jaipur:

DSC06159.JPG

DSC06162.JPG

DSC06164.JPG

DSC06166.JPG

DSC06171.JPG

DSC06167.JPG

DSC06175.JPG

Thread Starter #5

Day-1 contd...

Find below pics from our Jaipur city and Crystal mall:

DSC06180.JPG

DSC06181.JPG

DSC06188.JPG

DSC06193.JPG

DSC06192.JPG

DSC06190.JPG

DSC06189.JPG

Re: Delhi-Jaipur-Delhi road trip in my Polo TDI: April’2012

So here goes my log of Delhi-Amritsar-Delhi road trip:
I guess it's Delhi-Jaipur-Delhi [;)]
Nice pics bro. I too did the same (including Balaji Temple in Dausa) some time back. Maneuvering along those stupid truckers was a real pain and the construction work added to the pain.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #7

I guess it's Delhi-Jaipur-Delhi [;)]
Nice pics bro. I too did the same (including Balaji Temple in Dausa) some time back. Maneuvering along those stupid truckers was a real pain and the construction work added to the pain.

freakdude.
Thanks for bringing the same in my notice, requesting mods to change this.

Thanks for your appreciation.

350Z

Core Team

Nice trip to spend a long weekend and good snaps as usual. This thread would help me as I plan for a similar trip in Fiesta. Hope to make it soon. Keep that coming.

Drive Safe,
350Z

That's a fantastic travelogue buddy.In fact your travelogues have now started forcing me too to take a lot of pics(which I literally hate,to stop the car for clicking) and write my travelogues too.

Jaipur,haha..if Meerut is my first home,then this can be referred as my second one(thanks to our business).I can be found in this city every fortnight.About NH-8,right now its not remaining as good as it was 4 years back with some minor construction works being carried out as well as many sections of the road like near Dharuhera,Behror,Bawal,Shahpura etc there are somewhat broken(not so much but somewhat)patches.Or you can say that after you enter Rajasthan,you can easily notice the difference in the roads.
Driving in night on NH-8 is always a pain,thanks to the industrial areas on the highway due to which a lot if trucks rule this road.

Still,fantastic travelogue...and yes,have a look at this:-

Attachments

Thanks for bringing the same in my notice, requesting mods to change this.

Thanks for your appreciation.
These mistakes happen when you make too many trips in such a short while [;)]. I guess in Dec it was Auli / Lansdowne, In March it was Amritsar and now in April its Jaipur.

I really envy Delhi for this. Anytime you feel like you can check out the rugged mountains of Garhwal (including more known places like Mussorie), the greenery of Kumaon (including Nainital / Kausani), the variety of Himachal, the deserts of Rajasthan, the border towns like Amritsar, the jungles of Corbett and not to forget the history of Agra.

The list goes on. Great place Delhi.. if you are a car and a travel freak.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #11

Nice trip to spend a long weekend and good snaps as usual. This thread would help me as I plan for a similar trip in Fiesta. Hope to make it soon. Keep that coming.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thanks 350Z, wishing you a great journey in advance and request you to share your log with all of us Fiesta will surely love hitting highway, great highway car.

That's a fantastic travelogue buddy.In fact your travelogues have now started forcing me too to take a lot of pics(which I literally hate,to stop the car for clicking) and write my travelogues too.

Jaipur,haha..if Meerut is my first home,then this can be referred as my second one(thanks to our business).I can be found in this city every fortnight.About NH-8,right now its not remaining as good as it was 4 years back with some minor construction works being carried out as well as many sections of the road like near Dharuhera,Behror,Bawal,Shahpura etc there are somewhat broken(not so much but somewhat)patches.Or you can say that after you enter Rajasthan,you can easily notice the difference in the roads.
Driving in night on NH-8 is always a pain,thanks to the industrial areas on the highway due to which a lot if trucks rule this road.

Still,fantastic travelogue...and yes,have a look at this:-
Hahaha thanks for your lovely words, you will surprise to hear that this time i stopped only once that too to click my Polo pic, all highway pics are taken from moving car.

I didn't understand the pic thing?

These mistakes happen when you make too many trips in such a short while [;)]. I guess in Dec it was Auli / Lansdowne, In March it was Amritsar and now in April its Jaipur.

I really envy Delhi for this. Anytime you feel like you can check out the rugged mountains of Garhwal (including more known places like Mussorie), the greenery of Kumaon (including Nainital / Kausani), the variety of Himachal, the deserts of Rajasthan, the border towns like Amritsar, the jungles of Corbett and not to forget the history of Agra.

The list goes on. Great place Delhi.. if you are a car and a travel freak.
Yep i am bad in copy and paste job, i think Mumbai and Kolkata also got good weekend options.

Thread Starter #13
Day-1 contd...

Find below pics of Chokhi Dhani, a must visit place for first timers minimum charges is INR400 for entry which includes dinner, entry timings is 6:00PM to 11:00PM.

1.JPG

2.JPG

DSC06198.JPG

DSC06209.JPG

DSC06213.JPG

DSC06223.JPG

DSC06250.JPG

DSC06251.JPG

Thread Starter #14
Day-1 contd...

Find below pics of Chokhi Dhani:

DSC06262.JPG

DSC06277.JPG

DSC06279.JPG

DSC06293.JPG

DSC06302.JPG

DSC06306.JPG

DSC06310.JPG

DSC06322.JPG

Above post concludes my day1 log, i hope you don't mind so many pics i got this bad habit of uploading so many pics on logs.

Will start day 2 log soon.

Thanks 350Z, wishing you a great journey in advance and request you to share your log with all of us Fiesta will surely love hitting highway, great highway car.
Even I'd also say the same.Fiesta 1.6 will give you the pure joy of driving on the highway.Especially in the regions of Manesar where there are slight twists as well as the roads in Amer.You must try this trip soon buddy.Waiting for your travelogue.

Hahaha thanks for your lovely words, you will surprise to hear that this time i stopped only once that too to click my Polo pic, all highway pics are taken from moving car.
Haha,then join me on my trip to Jaipur(don't know which day but this month itself)and you will be abusing me for making the trip hell for you.Why?I make night drive(it takes just 5 hours)and that is also nearly non-stop.Only place I stop is on filling stations.

I didn't understand the pic thing?
Simple,it is a Laura TSI and I am TSIVipul.
Spotting a Laura TSI is also a rare case.I haven't spotted any more than 7-8 TSIs till date.

Is that Skoda Laura yours?

Drive Safe,
350Z
Mine is in Dehradun with my father.
Right now I am quite short of time,but will definitely come up with a 1 year/50k kms ownership review of the car.

Top Bottom