Splendid Highways of The World

Thread Starter #1
Sharing pictures of some of the most amazing roads in the world. Pardon the poor quality/spelling errors in the notations as these have been pasted/edited from various sources. Fasten your seat belts friends, and do tell which one's your pick of the lot [drive]!

Attachments

Last edited:
i would say that the transferagashan highway in romania should be included. that is also one of the most epic highways in the world.

350Z

Core Team
You have left me so speechless. Great collection there. These are truly dream destinations. Picture 2, 3, 4, 9 and 11 are my pick. [thumbswink]

Drive Safe,
350Z

That is awesome collection buddy. I would pick them in following order

6, 11, 13, 16, 5 & 3.

Always good to avoid the intersections in Slide 19 & 20 :-)

I have actually gone to Oresund bridge (Picture 11) but was not driving. Hope I get to drive on the bridge the next time I visit.
That one connects Malmo (Sweden) & Copenhegan (Denmark).

Last edited:
Splendid indeed.

Here are some more pictures of the Bolivian Highway of Death.

boliviadangerroad01.jpg

4354bolivia1.jpg

4354bolivia2.jpg

295040719_a9aa1627a7_o.jpg

Bolivia_Yunga_Road.jpg

bolivia5.jpg

bolivia14.jpg

Old Yungas Road Bolivia 01.jpg

The+world's+most+dangerous+road,+Bolivia+35182.jpg

Another angle (mirror image) of the picture shown by Sam

01_G_sized.jpg

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I've watched documents of Bolivian death roads.
I guess Indian roads are better than Siberian!!

Drive Safe!

Here are some more awesome highways

Highway #2 Los Angeles, California, USA
1.jpg

The Overseas Highway – Florida Keys
2.jpg
2.1.jpg

Red Rock Scenic Road – USA
3.png
3.1.jpg

Iroha-zaka – Japan
4.jpg
4.1.jpg

Boy o Boy. These are some roads, I mean I do not have words to express my feeling after seeing these roads. I would love to drive on these roads but needs lot of money to visit these places [;)].

Anybody ready to fund ?

Thanks for sharing guys. But what about Indian roads, none it seems.

These highways/roads do look very good, I wonder why in some of the cases (e.g. pic 2 from top) the roads are not laid direct, the inclines/slopes seem to be increasing if you follow the laid path.

India does have some time to reach here, however I would say the highways around Rajasthan, Kerala, NH4 Maharashtra are really good long stretches and maintained well till day. Albiet may not be as scenic as few above.

These highways/roads do look very good, I wonder why in some of the cases (e.g. pic 2 from top) the roads are not laid direct, the inclines/slopes seem to be increasing if you follow the laid path.

India does have some time to reach here, however I would say the highways around Rajasthan, Kerala, NH4 Maharashtra are really good long stretches and maintained well till day. Albiet may not be as scenic as few above.
I guess the reson is quite simple, if they make direct roads then they would be really steep for someone going up and might cause accidents. and what if a car starts to rollover down and what if someone has flat tire[:)]

so the way they have build these roads are that in some patches they have few flat road patches.

Top Bottom