Weekend Getaway :) Bangalore-Hassan-Chikmagalur-Bangalore

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends,

Planning to visit Hassan this weekend with friends. Also planning to either go to Chikmagalur or Dharmasthala. Any recent visitors to these places? Any additional places which can be added?

If its Chikmagalur then we might visit:
Belur (which is enroute)
Kemmangundi
Mullayanagiri (tallest peak in Karnataka)
Datta peeta (Baba Budan Giri)

If its Dharmasthala then we have plans of:
Sringeri
Hornadu
Udupi (Probably)

Please add any beautiful places enroute.
Road conditions.
Preparations for my Car (Iam taking her along for the first time ;))
Restaurants/Lodges/Stayhomes

[cheers]
Drive Safe.
Santosh.V

Hi Santosh if you ask me you can visit several places from Plan 1(Chikmagalur) and Plan 2(Dharmasthala)
See you cannot bet on the road conditions because all the places are of Malnad which means tipsy-topsy.
Is it only for 2 days? Then better visit Hassan-Belur-Mudigere,Kottigehara-kalasa-Horanadu,and Kalasa(ask locals in Kalasa for en route Sringeri) halt in Sringeri on Day 1(applies if you leave at least @4-5am.)
Come Day 2,visit temple ASAP preferably in the mornings,Come to Chickmagalur and visit mullayingiri then return home.

If planning for at least 4 days then you can cover more places you have mentioned except for Kemmangundi.

Thread Starter #3
Hi Santosh if you ask me you can visit several places from Plan 1(Chikmagalur) and Plan 2(Dharmasthala)
See you cannot bet on the road conditions because all the places are of Malnad which means tipsy-topsy.
Is it only for 2 days? Then better visit Hassan-Belur-Mudigere,Kottigehara-kalasa-Horanadu,and Kalasa(ask locals in Kalasa for en route Sringeri) halt in Sringeri on Day 1(applies if you leave at least @4-5am.)
Come Day 2,visit temple ASAP preferably in the mornings,Come to Chickmagalur and visit mullayingiri then return home.

If planning for at least 4 days then you can cover more places you have mentioned except for Kemmangundi.
Hey Vishwas,

Thanks for the reply. Plans is to leave on saturday morning & come back by tuesday evening ;) Saturday & sunday is leisure Monday have to be in Hassan. So you can help me if there is fab places filled with nature to visit.

[thumbsup]
Drive Safe.
Santosh.V

Hey Vishwas,

Thanks for the reply. Plans is to leave on saturday morning & come back by tuesday evening ;) Saturday & sunday is leisure Monday have to be in Hassan. So you can help me if there is fab places filled with nature to visit.

[thumbsup]
Drive Safe.
Santosh.V
Okay now tell me are you interested in visiting temples too? Because you can cover too much places.

Thread Starter #5
Hi Vishwas

Well its a trip with friends so its will be a flexible plan, either ways should be fine. But places should be worth the visit. Since Dharmasthala might take travel time we might roam around CKM & return back to Hassan. Accordingly you can suggest any good places to visit.

[cheers]
Santosh.V

Top Bottom