Ford Figo Titanium Travelogue: Delhi – Mhandipur Balaji – Jaipur - Ajmer

Thread Starter #1
Travelogue with Figo Titanium (D) from Delhi to Mhandipur Balaji, Jaipur, Ajmer,Jaipur and Delhi

Guys on Thursday evening I thought of going out of town with my Figo with family. This sudden decision surprised everyone but no one agreed by going to Car. A car protection crystal from a shop in Khan Market helped me to undertake my journey, infact wifey bought it, day before. I like it because of glitter in cabin, nothing else.

On fine Friday morning at 9 AM we started from home with four people on board, four bags, tank full, nitrogen in rubbers, primary medical kit, torch and nothing else. No emergency puncture kit since tyres are tubeless. Ride was good with initial speed up to 80-90 km/h till Behror (1st stop for lunch). Road was good in patches and due to highway construction, lots of diversions but overall road was very good to maintain healthy speed of 80. From Behror, we took road to Alwar (56kms). Originally I wanted to leave NH 8 from Dharuheda (after Gurgaon) but eventually didn’t do and still regretting my decision. Road from Behror to Alwar was nightmare for SUV’s leave a low planted car like Figo. Virtually there were potholes on every square feet of road with nasty speed breaker at every village (2-4 car breakers in every village). It scared hell out of me but thankfully car didn’t bottom out. We crossed this road within two hours without any trouble most of the time in 2 and 3 rd gear.

Once we reached Alwar, we took Mega Highway (State highway) and I must confess road was dream. However dreams got shattered with nasty car breakers (speed breakers) at every human settlement but yes, in totality road was very good. We joined NH 11 connecting Agra to Bikaner and almost drove 25 kms towards Agra to reach Mehandipur Balaji. Spiritually Mehandipur Balaji was very good. Temple ambience and hygiene is nothing to write home about. I wanted to go to Balaji for long and I felt really nice and calm inside.

We started from Balaji to Jaipur around 5.15 in the evening. Highway was very good to drive and pull car. On this entire stretch I maintained a speed excess of 100-110. We took one break for evening tea for about 20 minutes. Reached Jaipur by 7.30 after cloaking 400 + kms.
After good night’s rest and chat with my friend (host at OTS, Jaipur), we started for Garib Nawaj and Pushkar next morning at 7.45. Jaipur-Ajmer highway was one of the finest I have ever driven with crystal bright sunny morning, six lanes, well maintained, service lanes in every single village. We stopped at Cafe Coffee Day for coffee and cookies.

Things got worst at Kishangarh due to marble transportation and high construction. We reached Ajmer at 11 AM, straight away went to Garib Nawaj, offered chaddar, roses and come out unhurt. We were luck in a way that Rajasthan Vidhan Sabha delegation visited Garib Nawaj at the same time, crowed was controlled by police and we could easily mingle with delegation and had very good prayer.
After darshan, we went to RTDC for lunch and I must confess my family was very happy with quality of food (in laws are Bengali and it’s really hard to please Bengalis when it comes to food).

We headed to Pushkar after lunch, on arrival we were told that temple is closed till 3 PM and can go and offer prayers at Pushkar Sarovar, which we did and waited for temple to open. After prayers at Brahma Temple, we headed back to Jaipur via bypass, no stoppages in between and we reached Jaipur by 6. In the evening went to Bapu Bazaar for silver jewelry (wifey is as greedy as it could get), had dinner at a very good hotel. Sunday we took complete rest in the cottages of OTS except short visit to Birla Temple and one more trip to Bapu Bazaar for same stuff.
On Monday morning we stated at 9 in the morning and had lunch at Behror’s RTDC midway and reached home by 2.45.
Total distance travelled 1002 kms, fuel consumed 56 liters, FE, 18+ (tank to tank method) with speed excess of 100-110 and drove on one of the worst possible road for 120 kms.

Total Toll tax paid: 650 Rs.[frustration]

Speed breakers crossed: at least 100,

No issue with car,
Handling: Car was really fun to drive and pushed her to more than 130 once. No vibration in steering. Wind and tyre sound was noticeable above 110. [drive]Breaking is adequate to good but not very good. Once, a moron stopped his indigo bang in the mid of highway (two lane) without indicator and no break lights, I has to break hard to stop from 100. I did stopped few inches from him. I couldn’t overtake him because of trucks from opposite direction.

AC is very powerful, most of the time it was at 1 with occasional setting at 2.

Issues: Now I am facing with occasional squeaky sounds from left rear of car and vibration in right rear door. I am planning to get it checked from service station.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #2
Re: Ford Figo Titanium Diamond White Initial Ownership Experience

201110211425_500.jpg

2011102114331_500.jpg

2011102114837_500.jpg

2011102114922_500.jpg

20111021141319_500.jpg

@ brandoo, good pics and nice to know that you enjoyed driving your Figo and did not face any ground clearance issues with 4 people on board. Yes totally agree with you on speed breakers on highways. they are totally frustrating [frustration].

Good neat write-up brandoo! So you took Figo for a drive! Roads are bad at most parts in India, and it becomes a pain to negotiate them for a long time. Anyway I am sure you must have had fun.

Thread Starter #5
@ Carfreak & Thetraveller,
Yes I had lots of fun with my family. [:)]
I was scared of possibility of puncture though I had tubeless.
Otherwise handling was pretty easy and didn't felt tired after driving 400 kms in a single day and out of this 80 kms was on nightmarish roads.

Top Bottom