Picnic to Kanhirakolli

Thread Starter #1
had a picnic to kanhirakolli last saturday. a beautiful little place in kannur district of god's own country.
ROUTE- Taliparamba - srikandapuram (on state highway ) - payyavoor- kanhirakolli.
Distance about 50 kms from taliparamba.
The drive is through hills with scenic areas. parked my car in kanhirakolli town and hired a mahindhra thar to reach the spot called sashipara. the view from the rock is mind blowing.spent some time there. a small shack run by 2 kids gives hot omelette and tea.next went down to Thankachans hotel where we had ordered our lunch earlier. the cuisine was rice, chicken curry ( kerala style) dry fish curry,moru curry ( curry made with curd ).the food was excellent.price inr 500 for 4adults & 2 kids.
next went down to the waterfall. had to climb down a steep narrow road. spent about one hour in the water. started back home by 5pm.

Attachments

Thread Starter #8
yep its a beautiful place, where nature is at its best and time stands still. with good old country folks. very loving.i heard that electricity reached this sleepy little town only a few months back.had one of my best days there with wife, kids and friends.

Top Bottom