Your Favorite Restaurants on Indian Highways?

Thread Starter #1
Hi all,as we are auto enthusiastic and like to take our rides for highways,we seldom stop for a break whether to eat or reduce fatigue.So share your experiences and good pit-stops so as to help the fellow TAIens to have a good journey i will start with mine:

We travel from Bangalore to Trichy(Mom's native and a fun place to be in) very frequently say once in two months or so.
So we take regular highway route Hosur-Salem-Namakkal-Trichy.We can find very good hotels coming up and their numbers growing rapidly.

My frequent stop would be at The famous Restaurant A2B in the mornings so it will be a nice place to eat and the food served here has better quality.But the main disadvantage is,if many people start coming all the silence and patience breaks out like a wild fire especially when the Inter-city buses(K.P.N,Sharma) stop here.You have to race to get a table and chair to sit and the servers,waiters does not care to the people who wait impatiently to get their ordered items.
And when more crowd is gathered the servers will have a great day by making money fraudulently here's one if my experience:
My father bought a token for a plate of two Vadas but the server gave us only a single Vada(we saw many others taking two of them) So we shouted at him to give another one.
In another case when my grandmother was purchasing sweets for 250gms to eat at journeys the server who kept the box to weigh machine and he just took it off just at 160gms! when i asked he said that the weigh machine was not working properly! Alas then we decided not to take these things here.

Thread Starter #2
Re: Your Highway Restaurants thread

Similarly we stop at A2B near Thoppur for lunch but this place is good unlike the Hosur's A2B they serve well and attain every customers.

Whenever I travel on Pune Nashik Highway, just 4 kms after Narayangaon, there is a winery called as Chateau Indage. Best for breakfast, lunch and dinners.

Our Pune TAI'ans next outing will be there.

Nice place, excellent food, most important it's very clean and hygienic.

350Z

Core Team

Similarly we stop at A2B near Thoppur for lunch but this place is good unlike the Hosur's A2B they serve well and attain every customers.
A2B is indeed one of the best restaurants offering quality food and service. Another restaurant that I recall is ‘Atithi’. Located somewhere on Muzzafarnagar Highway.

Drive Safe,
350Z

We also prefer A2B while traveling to Chennai or South.
We found that at A2B Hosur, (Crowded many times and bad service), the breakfast were much better than Thoppur A2B. But due to the timing of our travel we have breakfast at Thoppur.

Another place while going down South is a hotel called Fantasy, comes after Madurai on the left with car park. The food (non-veg) is good.

Thread Starter #6
Another place while going down South is a hotel called Fantasy, comes after Madurai on the left with car park. The food (non-veg) is good.
I'm veggie by nature so cant comment on the other roadside hotels,so when i was on my way to kodai-kanal,we stopped by Another A2B somewhere near,it was good and i think it was newly built so we had a great food there too.

And regarding famous Bangalore-Mysore highway,the stretch is being flooded with lots and lots of restaurants and you will find them always crowded especially if you visit them at hoilidays.The good restaurant in this stretch is Adigas which is newly started in Maddur which offers best food and at resonable price too.

I had my brunch there while cruising my way back to Chennai few weeks ago. It was pretty decent place and the food was also good. Most importantly the restrooms were maintained properly (Much to be concerned if you drive along with family).

The good restaurant in this stretch is Adigas which is newly started in Maddur which offers best food and at resonable price too.
Guess Adigas is becoming more popular.

Thread Starter #8
I had my brunch there while cruising my way back to Chennai few weeks ago. It was pretty decent place and the food was also good. Most importantly the restrooms were maintained properly (Much to be concerned if you drive along with family).

That's the reason we choose over to eat and rest and moreover the environment is also good unlike that of Hosur's A2B.

Guess Adigas is becoming more popular.
Its quite popular because the servers are well behaved and they know to tackle the crowd in a decent way, especially in Sunday nights(Where every car stops here for dinner while returning home.)

Just today morning visited Adigas near Maddur, while returning to Bangalore from Mysore.
No Credit/Debit cards accepted here, all transactions are cash only.

Attachments

Those who are from chennai towards north in Bangalore highway, you have two good restaurants. One as soon as u cross maduravoyal fly over, on the right side which is called Balavignesh, a veg one and pandian non veg one.

Another is Motel highway Near the signal which takes u to tirupathi, thiruvalluer from bangalore highway. This one will be clsoed sharply by 10pm. Little bit costlier than the first one.

You will like both the places. I have seen these two places always crowded. Nice south indian food.

Those who are from chennai towards north in Bangalore highway, you have two good restaurants. One as soon as u cross maduravoyal fly over, on the right side which is called Balavignesh, a veg one and pandian non veg one.

Another is Motel highway Near the signal which takes u to tirupathi, thiruvalluer from bangalore highway. This one will be clsoed sharply by 10pm. Little bit costlier than the first one.

You will like both the places. I have seen these two places always crowded. Nice south indian food.

Motel Highway is good , we have breakfast there whenever we plan for a Tirupathi trip.

Since we are staying near Koyambedu Market, we go there regularly instead of going inside the city.

We go to the two hotels alternatively.

Top Bottom