Daman (Vapi) to Chandigarh by Zen Estilo

Thread Starter #1
Hello Friends!

On reading the informative posts/informations on this forum, got the courage of visiting my home town Chandigarh from Daman by my small cuty Zen Estilo. I completed this 1530 Kms journey on 11th-12th Aug. 2011 with one night halt at Bhilwara.

Day 1: Daman to Bhilwara NH8 + NH79, 800 Km

We hit the road at 6.10 A.M on 11th Aug , my wife and my 7 years young naughty son accompanied me. As we started, it was full of rain in Daman and till we reached Ahmedabad. Stopped for breakfast at Vadodra by 10 A.M. and after 30 mins rest again started cruising on the fantastic NH8. Reached Ahmedabad by 12 0 clock and carried on upto Himmat Nagar till we decided to halt for lunch. By this time we had covered 500 Kms. Rested for 60 mins. and then moved on to cross the Gujrat Border and enter the scenic beautiful Rajsthan. Roads were beyond my imagination of Rajsthan. Great roads with all round greenery and one would love to drive on these smooth roads. Look like we are travelling on some foreign soil. Stopped for evening tea at 6.30 P.M. at some place on the highway after crossing udaipur.

[surprise] There we saw one live accident as shown in movies. One Tata Safari Bearing MP 09 Number coming from Udaipur side towards Chttorgarh applied sudden brakes to avoid hiiting one Cow coming from the bushes on the road dividers. As this is the most difficult time to drive as it is the end of sun light and start of dark. Although it was 4 Lane. Onthe left lane One Multi Axle Vehicle was moving and this Safari fellow had no option except to hit the divider on the right side. In this process the safari which must be cruising @ 100 Kms or above, jumped by atleast 8-10 feet in the air and stood in normal position on the other side of the road. luckily no vehicle was coming from other side at this moment.

And most amazing part was that by the grace of God, nothing happened to the driver, who was the sole person in that Safari.

After seeing this live incident, we stopped for 15-20 minutes and took our tea and started towards chittorgarh slowly as this incident was fresh in our memory. We crossed Chittorgarh by 7.30 P.M First we thought of breaking our DAY 1 journey at Chittorgarh but later we thought to cover the distance as much as possible to have comfortable day on next day. But by the time we were crossing Bhilwara and found that next decent station is around 150 Kms away, we decided to call the day and entered the bhilwara city from the highway/bypass. Managed to get one reasonably decent hotel for spending the night. We had been hearing about Bhilwara Suiting since our childhood, we managed to stay near to the same mill. Good hotels are not available there.

DAY 2: Bhilwara to Chandigarh , 730 Kms. NH 8 up to Delhi and NH 1 up to Ambala and NH22 from Ambala to Chandigarh.

Morning journey started at 6.00 A.M and reached Jaipur By 10 A.M. Break fast at Cafe Coffe Day on the highway and rested to consume 60 minutes. As you cross Jaipur towards delhi, you will find some good restaurants for breakfast/Lunch. Rested there for one hour and started enjoying the onward journey because we were going to our home town for Raksha Bandhan, so we were more excited to meet our family members as early as possible. So we started driving @ 110-120 Kms. Although on the entire stretch from Daman to Jaipur, we were moving @ 90-100 Kms/hrs speed.

We hit the Gurgaon-Delhi toll plaza at 3 P.M. But it took more than 4 hours to cross delhi ring road towards Karnal. Due to Rakha Bandhan Holidays and Water Logging, the entire delhi was jam packed with traffic. Some how maintained my cool during this frustrating 4 hours.

By 7.30 we were on the Delhi-Chandigarh highway. Stopped at Haveli for Dinner at 8 P.M at Murthal, the FOOD Junctions of GT Road.

By 8.45 P.M. we were back on the highway and cruising @ 120 Kms and reached Chandigarh By 12 0 Clock. [:D]

Return Journey From Chandigarh to Daman on 20-21st Aug.

Day 1: Chandigarh to Chittorgarh; 820 Kms

Started at 5 A.M in the morning to avoid delhi traffic and luckily managed to cross delhi by 9.30 A.M. But unfortunately this time caught in the jam on Gurgaon-Behror road for almost 2 hrs. Accordingly our plan got shifted by two hrs. We managed to reach chittorgarh by 10 P.M. Searched for staying at chittorgarh and finally one Welcome heritage property which is famous by the name of Bassi Fort which is 25 Kms inside the city from the highway was found. Nicely maintained old property and was full of foreigners. One very old KALP Tree is also there in the lawn of this property which is said to be around 400 years old. We got good discount also food quality was very good, very homely.

Anyway we stayed comfortably and next morning we decided to start late.

DAY 2 : Chittorgarh to Daman; 700 Kms;

We started at 8 A.M and covered the remaing 700 Kms comfortably with 5-6 breaks for snacks/ tea/lunch etc by 9.30 P.M.

Except of the traffic jam parts, we enjoyed the entire journey. My wife also helped in during this trip. She drove for almost 150 Kms on Vadodra to Gandhinagar one side and from Chittorgarh to Udaipur again almost 150 Kms on the return journey.

Loved this journey more than my innumerous other journies of by air and train.

Come to the conclusion, if the road is good, then hit it with your vehicle and explore the beautiful country of ours.

Again willing to travel for Diwali by car on the same route.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
Nice Travelouge furtunerx,

do add some photos. What was the mileage of your zen?

We will uploading some photos taken by my son who was just clicking for the sake of fun.

Mileage was 16 km/lliter with AC on throught the journey.

Thread Starter #7
Din't u get tired, I guess you were the only one who drove.. and what abt the car ?

Yes, Varun little bit tired. But red bull energy drink helped to maintain the energy level. But since roads were good, I only needed to maintain the steering and listening FM.

good drive furtunerx.how is your car at such high speeds- the handling especialy the braking.when i had my wagonr i was scared to go above 100kmph. the braking was too poor at high speeds, which to some extend i overcame by upgrading to wider tyres.hoping to see the snaps taken by the budding photographer.was he bored after a few hours of drive? my kids and wifey falls asleep the moment they enter the car and i silently enjoy the drives.

Must be a great drive.

Eagerly waiting for the pics .

4 lane roads must have reduced the tiredness.

In my recent kodai trip 4 days before , i was in same position as "smooth rider"

All the 4 in the accent were sleeping like hell , and no clear fm. Dont ask me why the cd didnt play!

i was driving all alone for 400kms, yet the driving makes us energized!
and my red bull was a cup of tea every 2 hrs

Thread Starter #11
ilango[speed thirst];96072 said:
Must be a great drive.

Eagerly waiting for the pics .

4 lane roads must have reduced the tiredness.

In my recent kodai trip 4 days before , i was in same position as "smooth rider"

All the 4 in the accent were sleeping like hell , and no clear fm. Dont ask me why the cd didnt play!

i was driving all alone for 400kms, yet the driving makes us energized!
and my red bull was a cup of tea every 2 hrs

Yes dear 4 lane road helps to reduce tiredness. Red bull also helped to a great extent. My son was sleeping in between but he was enjoying the music of ready i.e ding chicka song and kept on dancing in the car whenever it comes.

We all enjoyed this long journey. Though we used to go for long journies in the hills till 2008 when I was working in NCR.

Yes, Car has to be maintained like girl friend for long drives.

Thread Starter #12
good drive furtunerx.how is your car at such high speeds- the handling especialy the braking.when i had my wagonr i was scared to go above 100kmph. the braking was too poor at high speeds, which to some extend i overcame by upgrading to wider tyres.hoping to see the snaps taken by the budding photographer.was he bored after a few hours of drive? my kids and wifey falls asleep the moment they enter the car and i silently enjoy the drives.
Yes dear the car become more or less unstable ( Estilo/ wagon R) over 100 Kms. But since before the trip I had changed my tyres, vehicle got serviced, wheel balancing and alingment. It was smooth up to 110-120 Kms. Over this it was unstable. my car has already crossed 46000 kms. as it is 2007 model.

But we enjoyed this entire journey since the climate was very cool and fresh.

Excellent Travelogue Dude. Would love to see some pics too. Rightly mentioned by you it is very difficult to find good hotels between Udaipur-Jaipur section so you have to venture into main city. I also had trouble locating hotel after crossing Jaipur during my Ludhiana-Mumbai trip, had to pit stop at Kishangarh. But it worked well for the trip.

Excellent travelogue fortunerx. Awaiting your son'ny pics.

Friends and their families on your long trips,
Do remember to wear seat belts even at rear seats. This is for safety purpose on highways.

Wishing all many more pleasant and fun filled long journeys

Thread Starter #15
Dear Friends: These are some of the pictures of NH8 and NH 79 from Vapi
onwards till Jaipur.

Photo-0035.jpg

Photo-0036.jpg

Photo-0039.jpg

Photo-0040.jpg

Photo-0041.jpg

Photo-0042.jpg

Photo-0045.jpg

Photo-0046.jpg

Photo-0050.jpg

Photo-0051.jpg

Photo-0052.jpg

Photo-0053.jpg

Photo-0054.jpg

Photo-0055.jpg

Photo-0057.jpg

Photo-0058.jpg

Photo-0059.jpg

Photo-0066.jpg

Photo-0075.jpg

This is the pink city Jaipur by pass where Camel and BMW travel on the same road.

Photo-0083.jpg

Next three pic of Famous Delhi Jam

Photo-0084.jpg

Photo-0088.jpg

Photo-0092.jpg

This is the Kalp Varikha which are said to be very rare in the world, located on the lawns of Bassi Fort, Maintained by Welcome Group 25 Km from Chittorgarh on Indore-Kota highway

Photo-0129.jpg

Photo-0130.jpg

Top Bottom