Pictolog: Mussoorie - The Queen of Hills

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Hello TAI'ans, Let me share some pictures of Mussoorie, which is situated in Uttrakhand. These photographs were clicked during my first trip there recently. I wish if I could write a complete travelogue this time but, the current time boundation does not allow me to do so. Therefore I will keep it precise with more pictures than words. Hope everybody enjoys watching them. Following is an excerpt about Mussoorie from Wikipedia:

Wikipedia said:
Mussoorie is a city and a municipal board in the Dehradun District of the northern Indian state of Uttarakhand. It is located about 34 km from the state capital of Dehradun and 275 km north from the national capital of New Delhi. This hill station, situated in the foothills of the Garhwal Himalayan ranges, is also known as the Queen of the Hills. The adjoining town of Landour, which includes a military cantonment, is considered part of 'Greater Mussoorie', as are the townships of Barlowganj and Jharipani. Being at an average altitude of 1,880 metres (6,170 ft), Mussoorie, with its green hills and varied flora and fauna, is a fascinating hill resort. Commanding snow ranges to the north-east, and glittering views of the Doon Valley and Shiwalik ranges in the south, the town was once said to present a 'fairyland' atmosphere to tourists. The highest point is Lal Tibba with a height of over 2,290 metres (7,510 ft).

Must Visit?

• Lake Mist

• Mossy Falls

• Kempty Falls

• Sahastradhara

• Mussoorie Lake

• Municipal Garden

DSC03371.JPG

DSC03409.JPG

DSC03410.JPG

DSC03414.JPG

DSC03416.JPG

DSC03376.JPG

DSC03417.JPG

DSC03420.JPG

DSC03421.JPG

DSC03428.JPG

Drive Safe,
350Z

Very nice pics Vibhor! Never knew Mussorie looks so pretty. Although was there in delhi for a long time, but never got around going there.

Your pictolog is asking me to make a trip asap!

Thread Starter #13

350Z

Core Team
cool pix, really like the greenery. don't see that around anymore
Thanks. But I believe, South India is step ahead when it comes to greenery. I always enjoy each time I visit there. One such perfect example would be my trip to Trivandrum and Kanyakumari.

Very nice pics Vibhor! Never knew Mussorie looks so pretty. Although was there in delhi for a long time, but never got around going there.

Your pictolog is asking me to make a trip asap!
Thanks, Traveller. Catch you sometime traveling in Delhi.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #15

350Z

Core Team
I just love the Indian country side, the mountains are beautiful looking would love to own a house there.
Zal, You know what? We discussed exactly the same thing when we were on this location. A house in midst of the hills and that lovely refreshing breeze would be wonderful to have for an occasional stay to escape from the routine city chaos. Nainital is another similar beautiful place which you will love visiting.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom