My Wayanad - Chalakudi - Thattekkad - Thekkadi Trip

Thread Starter #1
This is a Surprise trip or rather surprise yourself trip, meaning the trip is not planned, only reaching a place we think about next day's plans.
We ( my friend and I ) started from bangalore, reached wayanad . Next day after visiting some places started off and reached chalakudi . Stayed there for 2 days. Moved on to a place called Thattekad, its a bird sanctuary. This is one damn good place , very peaceful and beautiful.
From Thattekad we reached Thekkadi, spend the day boating in the lake before we left for chennai.
Total round trip was about 2000 kms . The roads were generally good , except one instance where we were mislead by the GPS and got lost in the forest !. Another horrible part was the way people drive in kerala ! Sorry no offenses to our fellow TAIians but sometimes it was a nightmare. Otherwise it was a very nice trip.

Attachments

Awesome captures auto_luver. I have set the 4th pic as my wallpaper. A 5 star rating from my side.

350Z

Core Team
That's truly a set of some breathtaking pictures. Your photography skills are actually commendable. I always wonder how you people manage to click some nice detailed shots (like that of Monkey and Lizard). :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Beautiful pictures, auto_luver. Please do share some more details like, when you visited these places, best time of the year to visit, places to visit in Wayanad, places to stay, distance, route and of course some more pictures.

Thread Starter #9
Thanks vibor, Marun, Dhaya, avindu, Rahul for comments. We are just amateur Photographers doing as a hobby thats it. By the way not all pictures were taken by me, some were taken by my friend. The camera we used is canon 550D with fixed focal lens 80mm , and a wide angle lens with required filters.
I like the first picture , a view from our resort , The place is called Thattekkad Bird Sanctuary. 2nd was in the forest where we got lost. third one is Periyar lake in Thekkady, Fourth is on the way back from thekkady to Theni (tamilnadu).

Attachments

The pics are really amazing auto_luver.
While seeing the pic i thought it would be an SLR camera.
What route did you follow to these places.

I liked the pic of your swift as well as cloud, along with that of Chameleon.
Waiting for more....

The pictures speak for itself auto_luver. Real desktop materials!!! I would not term these photos taken by "amateur" photographers. Sheer professional ones. Hope to see more photos from you from the trip.

Thread Starter #14
thankx everyone for compliments.
@feromv Nice place you are staying man , I loved this place, In fact we passed thro' kothamangalam. the place was beautiful and peaceful. The fact was we were searching for resorts in Thekkady and by spelling error in search came across Thattekkad, so we did not know any other places there.

@mukeshus The route we followed was
Bangalore- Mysore- wayanad.
wayanad- Shoranur - Thrissur- chalakudi- Athirapilli falls
Chalakudi-Angamaly-Kothamangalam- Thattekkad
Thattekkad-Thodupuzha-NH220-Kumily- Thekkady
(this was were GPS lead us to nowhere. The route shown in GPS was very short and half way thro' there was no road at all, than villagers guided us to NH220.)
The correct route should be thro Munnar.
@Truecitylover , we are indeed amateur photographs. what ever we have captured is with extreme patience and trail and error basis. We are still in the process of learning photography experimenting pictures. thats why we could take only few good photogrphs. The third Photograph in second set ( periyar lake ) that redishness is actually filter error, it is not supposed to come that way but the picture looks good with the error !

350Z

Core Team
The last photograph is an epic. This location is in the lap of nature. I think Zinam has been there too and brought some similar stunning pictures for us.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom