Ciaz Diaries – Couple of Days in Odisha

Thread Starter #1
It was a Sunday afternoon of January when I was having lunch with dad and the filmsy ringtone of his phone broke the silence. After the conversation, he told me that we have to go to Odisha for a couple of days to attend a family function. I suddenly became quite excited [drive]as our last trip came around six months ago.

Our destination was a place called Betnoti in the Mayurbhanj district of Odisha. The distance is around 180 kms from my hometown Jamshedpur, Jharkhand and around 190 kms from Bhubaneswar, the capital of Odisha. So, I started to search for some places to visit nearby the town and came across some exciting results. The first place that caught my attention was Devkund which is famous for its scenic waterfalls and another destination was Panchlingeshwar.

Sunset in Betnoti
LRM_EXPORT_20170218_200233.jpg

So, the itinerary goes something like this –

Day – 1: Jamshedpur to Betnoti. Attend the family function and walking around the village
Day – 2: Betnoti to Devkund and Panchlingeshwar and back to betnoti.
Day – 3: Visit to Emami Jagannath Temple (a replica of Puri Jagannath Temple)
Day – 4: Back to Jamshedpur

Thread Starter #2
Re: Ciaz diaries – Couple of days in Odisha

So, we started our journey at around 7 am. The journey was quite straight and hassle free except the 10 km stretch between Jamshola to Bombay Chowk which took us around 40-45 minutes to cover. Large to very large potholes and one has to be very careful especially if low GC. The total time taken was around 4 hours with breakfast break at bahragora.

The route taken
[MAP]Jamshedpur to Betnoti[/MAP]

Between Ghatshila and Bahragora stretch
1.jpg

Arrived at the destination
2.jpg

After attending the function, I got ready for the village tour with a local guy and spotted some beautiful places with the true essence of a typical Indian village. This geographical area is famous for its vegetable and rice production. As it was winter, I spotted farms full of cabbages and cauliflowers.
Random Click - The Happy Family
3.jpg

The very next day we headed towards Devkund at 9 AM. The distance is around 60 kms from Betnoti and we took the Betnoti-Udla Road. The road conditions are excellent. Somewhere in the middle, we spotted a very beautiful temple "Hingula Mandir" at a very picturesque location.
The Entry Gate - Hingula temple
6.jpg

Hingula Mandir
4.jpg

5.jpg

Then, we resumed our journey for Devkund and reached there at 11:15 AM. Believe me its very very beautiful, not only the place itself but the twisty roads crossing villages one after another. We loved it.
Road towards Devkund falls
7.jpg

The Devkund Falls
8.jpg

Beautiful View from the Falls
9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

From the picture I can also see that the Ghatshila-Bahragora stretch is freshly laid and is in nice shape. Earlier it was a nightmare to drive. I even had a minor accident once, mostly due to poor road condition, while returning back to my home in Calcutta.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5
Thanks a lot for the appreciation.. [:)]

Yes.. the ghatshila bahragora stretch is quite good now. It will be a 4 - lane soon from Ranchi to Bahragora. But due to the construction work the Jamshedpur Ghatshila stretch is in a real bad shape. Hope that the 4-laning will complete soon.

Top Bottom