Visit To Nagarhole, Coorg and Irupu Falls in My Superman - Baleno

Thread Starter #1
Hi Folks,

Writing my first Travelogue. Writing this from past one month and managed to finish it today due to NO Work Life Balance. This was trip with office mates over the long weekend. Plan was made in advance and the only thing where we had trouble was to get the hotel booking. Due to long weekend all the hotels were full over the long weekend in Coorg. Finally at the last moment we got through with Misty Palms resort situated at the last corner of Coorg.

Beginning
9 guys, 3 dogs and 2 cars, My Baleno and my friend's Aspire. What a weekend it was to Nagarhole National Park and Coorg. Encountered a pack of wild dogs in Nagarhole, chased by a bull elephant, Greeted by lovely deer’s all the way, Bit by Leeches in Wild forest, river rafting in Crazy waves, Beautiful drive through lush green landscapes and a hell lot of fun with our three companions Casey, Xena and Bitsy. check out these beautiful ladies [;)]
IMG_20160814_074703_1.jpg

Trip Started
We started at 4.00 am from Electronic city and from there we separated as I had to pick up my friends so went to his place and the other car went to pick up other guys from Kanakpura road and we decided to meet at Mysore road Indian Oil petrol Bunk.

Story Telling
I must tell you about these three beautiful female dogs accompanied us, Casey, a Golden Retriver 8 yrs old, Xena, the Husky 10 yrs old and Bitsy, a LAB 4 yrs old. As soon as we entered the house and got there collars out they all knew it’s time for a long drive and they were 10 times more excited than we were. The naughtiest one is Casey, she is 8 yrs old but still behaves like a puppy so we decided to keep her on the back seat and others two in the Dikki. Xena and Bitsy are adorable and they nicely sat behind, and all of them are so well behaved that not even single time throughout the journey they made any mess.

Finally we all met near the oil Bunk. 5 guys in Aspire and 4 guys and 3 dogs in Baleno. We reached near Mysore junction around 7 o clock and stopped to have breakfast and tea. Dogs went for walk and pee session.

We reached Nagarhole check point around 9.00 am and after making entry of our vehicles we entered the Tiger reserve.
WP_20160813_005.jpg
WP_20160813_002.jpg
WP_20160813_001.jpg

First thing which we heard as soon as we entered is the Cricket sound all around. All the way we were greeted by beautiful Deer's and then we saw pack of wild dogs which are known as Dhol in here. They were around 15-16 of them trying to cross the road. We stopped in line and saw them closely, we were not able to click any pics as we wanted to enjoy watching them live, in few seconds all of them vanished inside the Jungle. Few pics which we manage to take inside.
IMG_20160813_093728.jpg
IMG_20160813_100608_1.jpg
FB_20160922_05_24_01_Saved_Picture.jpg

After taking a quick break we rolled on again. Suddenly in front of me I saw a brand new Grey color Baleno suddenly taking reverse and the driver was horrified and scared, then my friend who was little ahead of me he started taking reverse as well and once he came close to me he said there is a Bull Elephant coming towards our side and he zoomed away and the place where I stopped was a small bridge. I started taking reverse and saw the bull just 200 meters away from us, somehow I manage to take the turn from that small bridge. We just escaped from there and stopped again at a good distance to look back at the Bull and even other cars who were behind us stopped. Finally after 10 minutes, after showing who the Boss here is, the Bull also vanished in the forest and once we saw a Bus coming from opposite direction we finally decided to move ahead. Honestly we all had Goosebumps all over. Good that the dogs were sleeping or else they would have barked loudly.

Finally we crossed Nagarhole and at the exit check post we were stopped as security saw the dogs and they had a doubt that we are doing something wrong. He said we are not supposed to bring dogs inside the forest, but after little conversation with them we convinced them and got through. I believe they wanted to get some cash out from us.

Another couple of hours drive and we reached Coorg and still we all were talking about the same incident happened just few hours back. By the time we were in the resort it was 5.00 pm almost. Here are the pics we clicked in resort, we booked a whole cottage with enough space around so that dogs can have fun
IMG_20160813_125353.jpg
IMG_20160814_081456.jpg
IMG_20160814_082115.jpg
IMG_20160814_082654.jpg
FB_20160922_05_24_19_Saved_Picture.jpg
FB_20160922_05_24_29_Saved_Picture.jpg

This place is really nice and surrounded with lush green forest, nearby we had a small stream and a big mountain on the left side. Overall excellent place to stay away from moribund city life. Dogs were enjoying at fullest. We paid 1700 per person including food.
IMG_20160814_115916.jpg

As soon as we changed we got call from our guy who was supposed to arrange river rafting for us, he said raft is ready. We were so tired and it was raining heavily and intermittently, still we went for rafting and had a blast there. Massive waves and rocks, Excellent bunch of people and overall a blast time we had. We paid 1000 rs per person extra for rafting. Couldn’t click pics as it was raining and no one was ready to use their phone and get it wet. Moreover none of us was interested in clicking pics and everyone just wanted to live that moment. This is the main reason why I did not have many pics for this trip. few clicks in Coorg Farms
IMG_20160814_124851_1.jpg
IMG_20160814_124857_1.jpg
IMG_20160814_125002.jpg
IMG_20160814_125046_1.jpg

We stayed there for Sat and Sunday and left for Bangalore on Sunday evening around 4.00 pm. On the way we decided to stop at Irupu falls and as soon as we reached Irupu Falls it started raining again. So we decided to stay in the car itself and have a good time chatting, but guys in Aspire wanted to give it a shot so they went to see falls and after sometime when rain stopped we decided to open the dikki and let the dog enjoy the weather. Here is the PIC of lovely ladies with Boys.
IMG_20160814_125046_1.jpg
IMG-20160814-WA0005.jpg

After an hour or so we left from Irupu falls and as it was getting dark so we left to Mysuru and stopped for dinner in between and reached Bangalore around Midnight. That all folks, shortly planning another trip sometime during Vijaya Dashami, hope it will be same or better than this. One suggestion, if you haven’t travelled with your pets yet, please try, you will really see the difference and for Pets also it’s a big change from their regular waiting game for you to come back home and spend time with them. [:D]

Last edited:
Hey buddy, nice to see the travelogue. Just in time when I am planning a trip to Coorg in early November.
Can you please share the route you took to Coorg through Nagarhole forest. Is it safe to travel with family?
Also any other places to visit in and around Coorg.

Regards
Nilesh

Thread Starter #3
Hey buddy, nice to see the travelogue. Just in time when I am planning a trip to Coorg in early November.
Can you please share the route you took to Coorg through Nagarhole forest. Is it safe to travel with family?
Also any other places to visit in and around Coorg.

Regards
Nilesh
Its excellent for family trip. Route taken - Mysuru - Hunsur - Nagarhole - Kutta
We took Mysore Ring road from Columbia Asia Hospital Junction you need to take the right and follow the road signs.
Near Coorg, must to see is Irupu Fallls, you can go for River rafting as few adventure sports clubs are there you can contact them. You can visit Coffee Estate's. You can go through Gonigappa to Medikeri as well, its another spot to visit.

Last edited:
Nice Travelogue Shri and nice rides. Wish you had more photos for viewing pleasure. Misty palms looks like a good place for weekend; Will give it a try next month if possible and thanks for posting sign board as it will help others. Cheers!

Last edited:
Excellent Travelogue Buddy [clap]

I also had visited Coorg and Iruppa falls last year. I had taken the usual route of Bangalore-Mysore-Hunsur-Madikere as I wanted to visit Golden Temple, Dubbare and while coming back I took Coorg-Virajpet-Gonikoppa-Iruppa falls-Nagarhole Forest-Mysore, as I wanted to drive through the Madikere - Virajpet roads and visit Iruppa falls.

I must say it was treat and pleasure to drive from Madikere to Virajpet, all the way it was an excellent scenic roads [:D]

How is Nagarhole to Iruppa falls road condition through Forest now, when I visited it was patchy at few places and I was not able to pass 30 KMPH [frustration]

Which route did you take while returning to Bangalore From Iruppa falls? and Can you share the exact location of "Misty Palms", the place where you guys stayed.

Thread Starter #6
How is Nagarhole to Iruppa falls road condition through Forest now, when I visited it was patchy at few places and I was not able to pass 30 KMPH [frustration]

Which route did you take while returning to Bangalore From Iruppa falls? and Can you share the exact location of "Misty Palms", the place where you guys stayed.
We took same route both ways. Route from Nagarhole to Irupu falls is not that good, still many potholes and as we went during monsoon so roads were in bad shape.

Exact location - you need to go towards Birunani Post, towards south Coorg. Here is the property owner number as you will need it for directions - 9379691110, you will also see sigh boards all the way to this property, just follow the signs. Some patches are really BAD, but you will forget all the pain once you reach the spot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent Travelogue mate.
Pic's are really awesome and my favorite part was the dogs.
If not mistaken its Golden Retriever, Labrador and a Husky ?

I want to go on trip with these companions but some how its not possible.

Thanks,
Satyajeet

Excellent Travelogue mate.
Pic's are really awesome and my favorite part was the dogs.
If not mistaken its Golden Retriever, Labrador and a Husky ?

I want to go on trip with these companions but some how its not possible.

Thanks,
Satyajeet
Yes you are right about the dogs the family has grown now so will need a whole car for the dogs only [lol].

Top Bottom