A Short Intersting Rain Ride

Thread Starter #1
Monsoon and long drives has lots of connections and memories, [:)]I used to do a lot of miles with my bike back in college days especially in monsoon days. It is totally out of the world experience, back on those days [;)]I used to go for hours of ride all alone, with only companion my bike that too on highways, out of the city with heavy vehicles all on the road that used to be thrilling experience back then. I never used to be concerned about safety, it was like something not meant. Those were the golden days; i cherish every moment of it even now and will do the same till dooms day. Well as time passed changes were obvious in life. Life soon started taking hairpin turns. With loads of responsibilities and upcoming duties I was forced to restrict my full to fun approach towards life, but somewhere in me that college going kid remained alive, which kept popping up his head when it found any opportunity. Well a month back I became a proud owner of my first car Alto, and this time the college kid in me was making me do all sort of restless activity which resulted in this sudden, almost night 4am rain ride experience. But this time without, a befikrana approach I hit the roads to let that college kid in me live again at least for a couple of hours . So here’s what happened that night, I was not able to sleep all night due to constant reading of blogs all over the net and some work load which resulted to 4 am Sunday morning. I saw it was pouring heavily outside and then this rain ride bee bit me, and within some minutes I was slowly moving out of my house with utmost care of not waking anybody towards my car and soon I was out on road. I checked the pressure in tires, brakes ,light ,wiper and then I was all set for my first monsoon experience with a car. Initially I was cautious and was driving at 30 to 50 kmph,reason behind this was, I had been through many articles which had mentioned skidding issues in rainy season. But soon I was doing my normal speed on empty roads of Bhubaneswar and was enjoying monsoon ride without getting wet, but with low romantic music, it was literally pouring that morning and only two music’s were audible to my ears one was the slow romantic Bollywood song and the other was of nature making music out of rain. I went for a highway run, did 80kmph top speed also watched the rising sun on a red cloudy sky. It was one of the prepossessing view for me which took away all the stress and tiredness of my soul and filled it with aura of freshness and zeal to run for several thousand miles without any stop. I forcibly ended this eternal experience with a chai at some lonely tea stall where nobody was around and soon reached home to start the beautiful day. I was so much into this ride that It totally slipped my mind to capture those moments.

Attachments

Top Bottom