One Day Visit To Shimoga By Train

Thread Starter #1
I have to attend a marriage reception of my friend at Bhadravathi on 26th Sunday evening June 2016. So, I have planned to go by Thalaguppa express along with my other 2 friends.

Actually I have to come back by Monday morning to Bangalore because no holiday.

Then I have booked 3 trickets to Sagar Jambugar through IRCTC. The train schedule was 11.00 pm from Bangalore central on 25th Saturday night. Then I left my house from Vijayanagar at 10.00 pm and taken a BMTC bus to majestic as there was no metro train available after 10.00 pm from Vijayanagar. There Sangolli Rayanna Railway Station, Bangalore I have reached to my 2 friends. The train departed at 11.40pm, then we went sleep till Shimoga. We waked up at 06.00 am Sunday and felt a beautiful nature.

There in Sagara I have met another friend from Bangalore. We have joined other 2 families which going to Sigandur Chowdeshwari temple. There are so many people with Jeeps waiting for the one day travellers in Shimoga. Then We met a driver Mr. Sathish to take us to Sigandur and nearest places around sagar. We then went to PWD guest house at Sagar to fresh up. After the fresh up, Driver Sathish took us to Krishna Upahar. There we had breakfast with Idli Wada and coffee. At 10.00 am we reached launch. We got blessed from Chowdeshwari, then again came to launch.

Then we traveled 12 kms towards Ikkeri Agoreshwara temple which is almost 500 years old. It was beautiful. Immediately the rain started slightly. Then we traveled 3 kms towards Varadaraja Muth, there we took lunch with Anna sambar and Rave Payasa, really it was super.

Then we have decided to Joghfalls and reached there at 3.00 pm. There we saught help from a worker( my friend's cousin) at KPC (Karnataka Power Corporation). He took us to Sharavathi Power Corporation and explained well.

At last we came to Sagar at 6.00 pm and came to Bhadravathi by Bus and attended marriage reception and reached to Bangalore at 04.40 am 27th June 2016. Really it was awesome experience.

1.jpg

Sigandur launch, Ikkeri Aghoreshwara temple and Varadaraja Muth

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Ikkeri and on the way to Jogh

7.jpg

8.jpg

10.jpg

some picture of our great Sharavathi Power corporation and Joghada siri and green at Ikkeri Aghoreshwara temple

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom