I have got my new FIAT Avventura and we plan to take it to Bhutan by Road.
I am trying to write a small travelogue.
At the very first please excuse me , if I miss any point. I am not an avid writer and hence I may not be completely perfect in writing. Do ask as many questions as you like. I will try to give you answers as much as possible.
1. Me - Subhendu from Kolkata
2. My Wife
3. My Son - 16 yrs
4. My daughter - 7 yrs old
5. My brother - weight - 75 kg from Bilaspur
6. His Wife
7. His Daughter - 6 yrs old
A group of 7 in Avventura
Our Luggage -
1. 2 big suitcase of the size of 28 inch
2. 2 Big Size Rock sack
3. Innumerable small bags containing food for the road and other items.
The increase in size of the luggage was that we had to carry all our winter dresses as some places in Bhutan during our trip will have temperature ranging from 4 deg C to 18 deg C. With forecasts of rainfall , we had to carry umbrellas also.
It was communicated to us by some of my friends and relatives who had previously been there , that will be impossible for the kids to take Bhutanese foods as they eat lot of chillies. So for the two kids we even got a rice-cooker and rice. We had a kg of noodles of different types. But all these came back intact. Why ? I will tell you.
Four of us (myself, my wife and our kids) got our entry permits from Bhutan Consulate Kolkata. But my brother could not get his papers done.
We have to get the car permit also from Bhutan.
The trip planned. My Brother came from Bilaspur by train to Kolkata on 10.04.2016. We planned to start on 11.04.2016 at 4.00 AM in the morning.
Modifications i did in my car before leaving
1. Changed the headlight bulbs to Philips Extreme vision - there is a marked difference
2. Changed the tyre air to NITROGEN. Did not felt any difference , but then OK , people say it keeps tyres cool. Maybe.
3. Got a new car mobile charger as mine was creating problems.
We packed our luggage in the car on the night of 11.04.2016. There were two bags on the roof top of AVVY(!!!)