Coimbatore - Gudalur - Mudumalai - Bandipur- Gundalpet - Chamarajanagar - Sathy

Thread Starter #1
Hi friends, I am new to TAI and this is my road trip experience to mudumalai and bandipur which I did on 12th of November 2014.My first road trip to wild in my swift which I did along with my friend vignesh. Our plan was to start from home at early morning and to reach home same day before night. As per our plan we started from home at 3:50am (approx) and we crossed ooty by 7:45(approx), by 9:15 we reached gudalur town. Traffic was very less till gudalur. We had breakfast there at some hotel in hurry and by 9:40 we started our journey to mudumalai. There was no animal sighting except deer herd and monkeys till the end of bandipur forest[cry]. The trip lasted 2 and half hrs. Both of us were disappointed and we decided to go back to home via same route. While reaching mudumalai entrance we stopped at a workshop there and asked one of the mechanic guy about animal sighting. He told us to revisit after 3pm since it will be evening animals would come out of deep forest for water. As per his advice we had lunch and waited till 3pm at mudumalai entrance. By the time it was too cloudy and finally it started raining.By 3:20pm it was still raining but less so we started driving from mudumalai entrance, about few km’s before bandipur entrance we sighted Indian bison in-between bushes which was very close to the road. Since it was less traffic I parked my car nearby bushes and took few snaps of it. He never looked at us since it was busy in eating some food so thought not to disturb and we left. Later few km ahead we saw one more bison on the right side of the road. We couldn’t enjoy seeing it peacefully eating as one family came in a wagnor from our opposite side disturbed it by making horn sound so it rushed into the forest. Few minutes ahead we saw two more Indian bison’s again but this time they were accompanied by an elephant just beside them, it was one lone male elephant.The male elephant was young and he looked so calm and happy as he was eating food. We were thrilled by sighting bison and elephant for first that too very close encounter.Took few pictures of him again we couldn’t enjoy him because of one idiot driver who disturbed hime by making horn sounds screaming out. Soon it rushed behind the woods. Although our mission was completed successfully still I was not satisfied with the distance I drove. At first our plan was to drive back home via gudalur-ooty-mettupalayam-coimbatore but we changed it to via gundalpet-chamarajanagar-sathy-annur-coimbatore.On whole the trip was awesome, there were few bad road experience like path holes between ooty to gudalur and some road repair works between mudumalai-bandipur.
Date of trip - 12/11/2014.
Total km’s covered = 450kms (Approx).
Total cost = 3000 (Approx).

Re: Coimbatore-gudalur-mudumalai-bandipur-gundalpet-chamarajanagar-sathy-coimbatore

Hi friends, I am new to TAI and this is my road trip experience to mudumalai and bandipur which I did on 12th of November 2014.My first road trip to wild in my swift which I did along with my friend vignesh. Our plan was to start from home at early morning and to reach home same day before night. As per our plan we started from home at 3:50am (approx) and we crossed ooty by 7:45(approx), by 9:15 we reached gudalur town. Traffic was very less till gudalur. We had breakfast there at some hotel in hurry and by 9:40 we started our journey to mudumalai. There was no animal sighting except deer herd and monkeys till the end of bandipur forest[cry]. The trip lasted 2 and half hrs. Both of us were disappointed and we decided to go back to home via same route. While reaching mudumalai entrance we stopped at a workshop there and asked one of the mechanic guy about animal sighting. He told us to revisit after 3pm since it will be evening animals would come out of deep forest for water. As per his advice we had lunch and waited till 3pm at mudumalai entrance. By the time it was too cloudy and finally it started raining.By 3:20pm it was still raining but less so we started driving from mudumalai entrance, about few km’s before bandipur entrance we sighted Indian bison in-between bushes which was very close to the road. Since it was less traffic I parked my car nearby bushes and took few snaps of it. He never looked at us since it was busy in eating some food so thought not to disturb and we left. Later few km ahead we saw one more bison on the right side of the road. We couldn’t enjoy seeing it peacefully eating as one family came in a wagnor from our opposite side disturbed it by making horn sound so it rushed into the forest. Few minutes ahead we saw two more Indian bison’s again but this time they were accompanied by an elephant just beside them, it was one lone male elephant.The male elephant was young and he looked so calm and happy as he was eating food. We were thrilled by sighting bison and elephant for first that too very close encounter.Took few pictures of him again we couldn’t enjoy him because of one idiot driver who disturbed hime by making horn sounds screaming out. Soon it rushed behind the woods. Although our mission was completed successfully still I was not satisfied with the distance I drove. At first our plan was to drive back home via gudalur-ooty-mettupalayam-coimbatore but we changed it to via gundalpet-chamarajanagar-sathy-annur-coimbatore.On whole the trip was awesome, there were few bad road experience like path holes between ooty to gudalur and some road repair works between mudumalai-bandipur.
Date of trip - 12/11/2014.
Total km’s covered = 450kms (Approx).
Total cost = 3000 (Approx).
Welcome to TAI and glad to see another person from CBE! There are more CBE guys as well.
Seems like an interesting trip! Would have been even better if provided some pics of it.
By the way, which are are you from? :offtopic: We CBE-TAI gers do meet sometimes to test drive a car or have fun. You can join us if you can.

Thread Starter #3
Re: Coimbatore-gudalur-mudumalai-bandipur-gundalpet-chamarajanagar-sathy-coimbatore

Welcome to TAI and glad to see another person from CBE! There are more CBE guys as well.
Seems like an interesting trip! Would have been even better if provided some pics of it.
By the way, which are are you from? :offtopic: We CBE-TAI gers do meet sometimes to test drive a car or have fun. You can join us if you can.
Sorry friend.i will upload the pics soon.and im in muscat now,soon i will come to india and settle there.then we can meet for sure.thanks for inviting me

Thread Starter #4
following pics from mettupalayam to ooty.

Attachments

Superb Shabri, and we also went for a trip to Mysore.
Route: Via Ooty-kallati-masinagudi-mudhumalai-bandipur- Mysore.
and returned via Nice Ring road-Hosur-chengalpali-Home (coimbatore) Took some pics attaching soon.[:)]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8
few more pics[:)]

Attachments

Thread Starter #9
the lone tuskar

Attachments

Top Bottom