Trip From Pune To Harihareshwar & Diveagar

Thread Starter #1
This is short report of Harihareshwar and Diveagar trip whose memories will be always long lasting. Though many TAIgers have written about these places in details hence I will cover it in short with photographs. The route taken are as follows:

Pune – Chandani chowk – Mulshi – Tamhini – Nizampur – Mangaon – Morba – Mhasala – Shrivardhan – Harihareshwar

Harihareshwar – Shrivardhan – Walvati (Coastal Road) – Bhadrakhol - Diveagar

It was just like any other weekend where we planned to complete this trip which was pending in my list for long time. After completing our packing we hit the roads at 6:15 am. As usual it was awesome drive till Mulshi where we stopped for breakfast at famous Quick Bite restaurant. Now this restaurant is taken over by Green Gates Resort and is made quite expensive. No matter you will find clean washrooms here.

We started further towards Tamhini. The road condition throughout Tamhini is superb, there are no potholes on the road and the tar appeared to be very smooth. The drive through Tamhini is always the best as you are accompanied with nature and to add to this there is no traffic and you get the feel of owning the road.

Few pictures in Tamhini Ghat on our way
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Panoramic view in Tamhini Ghat
8.jpg

We reached end of Tamhini near Orchard resort and were greeted with straight 4KM road of Vile MIDC. It is drivers delight to drive on this road when one comes doing all sorts of twist and turns in ghat section.

Vile-Bhagad MIDC road
9.jpg

Moving ahead after passing small lanes of Nizampur we came to Mangaon. There is mad traffic inside Mangaon and the worst is at the “T” junction where NH17 meets. After joining NH17 you have to take first right at approx. 500 meters. Those 500 meters were hell to drive with full of truck traffic and chaos created by locals with their two, three and four wheeler.

We somehow took the right turn to exit NH17 and managed to enter that narrow road which will take us to Morba. This narrow road becomes somewhat wide as we approached Morba.

10.jpg

Contd.

Thread Starter #2
Re: Trip from Pune to Harihareshwar and Diveagar

You need to keep a keen eye on the signs showing to turn towards Mhasala. You will come across small ghat with lot of curves between Morba and Sai village. Once you cross Sai village you will come across another ghat named “Ghonsa Ghat”, this ghat has two very steep pin bends. Once you attack them carefully then you are in Mhasala.

Tried to capture the pin bend steepness, hope you get it.
11.jpg

Our first destination was Harihareshwar hence we took Mhasala bypass and joined SH99. At the start of Mhasala bypass you will find BP petrol pump on left, I guess this is the first petrol pump I came across from Mulshi, so guys plan your refilling accordingly.

Mhasala Road
11a.jpg

Now from Mhasala I felt it was a long journey towards Harihareshwar. At last we reached there safetly. One needs to pay Rs.40 as parking charges for cars and park them in ample parking space of “Harihareshwar Beach Resort”. While entering into temple lane you need to pay Rs.1 per head as an entry tax.

There is no rush or huge queue in Haihareshwar, you can comfortable take darshan. There is Kalbhairav temple next to Harihareshwar, it is said that one has to go here first before entering main Harihareshwar temple. There is a broken step way behind this temple which takes you to rocky beach, this way is known as “Pradakshina Marg”. It takes lot of efforts to climb these steps and come on other side, those who are travelling with kids or old peoples need to be careful. On the other side you will find caves been created by waves bashing towards these rocks from ages. There is rock formed shaped like footprint which is known as “Vishnu Pad”, we were not able to visit it because of the high tide.

Harihareshwar Temple entrance
12.jpg

Kalbhairav Temple entrance
13.jpg

Pradakshina marg
14.jpg

15.jpg

On the other hand of temple you will find open space along with railings on side where you can have a crisp view of Harihareshwar beach. Tea, water bottle, vadapav and some knickknacks are available here.

Panoramic view of Harihareshwar
16.jpg

While coming out of main temple you will find number of small eateries providing lunch (mostly veg). We had one which was homely prepared and was delicious. So this was our first destination for the day. Now we cranked our car and headed towards Diveagar.

One needs to come back up to the junction where one road goes to Mhasala and other to Shrivardhan. You need to take Shrivardhan road and after few kilometres need to take sharp right towards Diveagar. After taking this sharp right you need to be very alert for checking first left as this will take you towards coastal road, if you miss this turn then still you will reach Diveagar but it will be via Shrivardhan road.

Shrivardhan road
17.jpg

We asked one by passer and he told us to enter into village named “Walvati”. This is a very calm and less populated village, in that afternoon there was not a single soul in sight. The end of this Walvati village is the start of coastal road through “Aravi Beach”

Aravi Beach
18.jpg

Contd.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3

Grand i10 touching coastal road
19.jpg

20.jpg

It’s awesome to drive on this coastal road
21.jpg

I was very happy to see that road is super smooth with very less undulation. No matter there is serene beach along your side throughout the road. We stopped at few sections to take snaps, this road passes through a fishing village named “Bhadrakhol”. Those who loves non veg and want to take fresh fish home then this is a village where you can purchase it. Once you come out of Bhadrakol you will pass over “Karle Bridge” and enter in Diveagar (our final destination).

View from Bhadrakhol
22.jpg

Trawlers at Bhardrakhol
23.jpg

What more to say about Diveagar? It is a serene, calm & quiet village lying along the flat black sand beach of at least 4 to 5 Km. We opted for homestay at “Yashada Vaibhav” and also opted to have homely prepared dinner and next day’s breakfast. There are many options in Diveagar for stay, you don’t expect any fancy hotels but most of the homes provide stay. All these homes have a “wadi” around them having coconut and betel-nut trees so one can enjoy rural life here.

Road inside “Wadi”
24.jpg

Our homestay
25.jpg

Yours truly on beach
26.jpg

Sunset on Diveagar beach
27.jpg

Trying to catch setting sun
28.jpg

Contd.

Thread Starter #4

Panoramic view of Diveagar beach
29.jpg

The famous places here are Suvarna Ganesh Temple, Roopnarayan Temple and off course the wonderful beach. As this village is small but still you can have few activities on beach like boating, horse cart ride, camel ride and quad bikes. Few selfie syndrome peoples have taken their Cars, SUV’s on beach, I didn’t dared for it. There are few eateries on beach where you can get tea, tender coconut, vadapav, onion pakodas, cold drinks etc.

Suvarna Ganesh Temple
30.jpg

Shri Suvarna Ganesh idol
31.jpg

Roopnarayan Temple
32.jpg

Shri Roopnarayan idol
33.jpg

This was very interesting structure in temple
34.jpg

Shri Sundarnarayan idol
35.jpg

After sunset we came back to our homestay, enjoyed their delicious and moth watering dinner and went to bed with relaxed and rejuvenated mind. Next morning we had a typical Maharashtrian breakfast (“Dadape Pohe” and Tea) which refreshed us. So now it’s time to get checked out from Diveagar and proceed back to Pune. The mind was not letting me go back from their hence visited the beach once again and captured this sunrise.
36.jpg

At last with heavy heart checked out from Diveagar (promising to come back again) and started towards Pune. While coming we entered into Mhasala which was bypassed by us while coming. This village is very crowdy which is an invitation for traffic chaos, to add to all this there is almost no road in some patches and the lanes are very narrow. The entire Mhasala road passes through the market thus you can imagine about chaos. Somehow we came out of that crowded area and headed towards Pune. While coming had a lunch break at Orchard Resort at the basement of Tamhini, this is one hotel where you will get cleanest washrooms and kids play area. Saw this interesting sign board in campus of Orchard resort.

37.jpg

After negotiating with peculiar Pune’s Sunday traffic I reached my society’s parking lot at around 5:00pm. So with this one more trip got completed from my bucket list. Thanks for reading and bearing with mobile clicked photographs!!

Top Bottom