Trip To Qatar

Thread Starter #1
Hi mates did a long awaited trip to Qatar from 21 december 2015 to 4 jan 2016. My sister is in Qatar for the last 16 years and had been always asking me to visit qatar but it got postponed as i wasn't interested in a vacation with out driving a car // bike[;)]. ( i don't have an international DL ) here are a few starters

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #2
the pressure had been building on me for few years to visit qatar first from my sister and brother in law. the kids too were also pushing me and it reached the crescendo during my sisters visit to india the summer holidays. i was forced to promise tha i would come this christmas vacation. booked the tickets in november itself - jet airways from calicut to doha and back.on 20th morning drove to my home in calicut - the flight was at 12.15 am 21/122015. dad dropped me family by 9.30 pm at karippur airport. the flight was jam packed with mallus returning to doha after leaves. there was a big incident during flight. booze was served on board. me too had 2 pegs. later there was a big commotion in the back of the plane. some mallu had taken too much and misbehaved with the air hostess. i looked back and saw one guy being thrashed by another. the air hostesses were seen shouting "SHUT UP SHUT UP. you will be charged when we reach doha " etc etc[frustration]. next the mallu nature of curiosity rose and many guys were seen trooping back from the front of the the plane to the site of the incident to have a closer look. the the funniest part of the whole episode came up. some innocent guy sitting just behind my seat started dissuading the onlookers by telling them " brothers why are you all putting us in risk by coming toward the back of the plane as all of your weight in the back of the plane will topple the plane "[lol][lol]

the the funniest part of the whole episode came up. some innocent guy sitting just behind my seat started dissuading the onlookers by telling them " brothers why are you all putting us in risk by coming toward the back of the plane as all of your weight in the back of the plane will topple the plane "[lol][lol]
Did he really say that on a serious note or was he joking.. that really funny[lol]
By the way nice travelogue and good photos.. hooked on to this thread; more photos please and more interesting titbits !

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5
MoRa that guy was damn serious and i felt that he looked very scared. poor guy.
the rest of the flight i was really excited thinking about the fireworks when we landed[evil] . ( once when i was travelling in a bus here at kannur two guys misbehaved with a couple. the bus was taken to the police station. on the conductors narration of the incident in the bus the sentry on guard duty just placed his gun aside and started beating the offenders then it was a free for all policemen in the station.) but here it tuned out to be a damp squib. nothing happened[frustration] . we got our emigration clearance and walked out. my sister and brother in law came in their Mazda cx9 suv and took us to their home at Barwa city

Attachments

Thread Starter #7
it was very cold and it was drizzling in doha. though it was heavy rains by their standards.it was very windy too which brrought down the mercury further. felt very lazy and was in no mood to go out side. sister cajoled me and took us out to malls. the roads in Doha are very wide and similar to ours[;)] in that they don't have drains to drain away the rain water - the result there was water logging of the roads. there were few suzuki altos and swift dzires on the roads. most of the vehicles were SUVs.

it was very cold and it was drizzling in doha. though it was heavy rains by their standards.it was very windy too which brrought down the mercury further. felt very lazy and was in no mood to go out side. sister cajoled me and took us out to malls. the roads in Doha are very wide and similar to ours[;)] in that they don't have drains to drain away the rain water - the result there was water logging of the roads. there were few suzuki altos and swift dzires on the roads. most of the vehicles were SUVs.

Attachments

Thread Starter #8
The next day my sister took us out as b'law had to go to work. we first went to see the camel racing ground. as the 2022 football world cup is being staged in qatar there was construction going on along the way to the ground. there was no race at that time we just saw a few camels and went to visit the Faislal bin quasim al thani museum. it was a wonderful experience as there was hundreds of old cars and trucks displayed there[:D]. it also revealed a small glimpse into the past of the country.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #9
we saw a camp of the Emir's guards. At the museum the gate keeper let us in with a smile and a polite directions " madam yuh canh go only to the museum. yuh no go into the farms. yeh yeh only toh the museum " my sister had informed that there were hundreds of peacocks in the farm behind when they had visited a year ago. she had not seen so many peacocks together even in india. so we were having plans[evil] to see them too

Attachments

Thread Starter #10
in front of the museum there is an artificial lake with a full sized Dhow( ( arab traditional boat ) floating in it. the museum had many replicas and life sized dhows. there was a medical section which housed many medical instruments and medicines of yester years. there was also a tricycle ambulance.

Attachments

Top Bottom