Kolkata To Ranigunj

Thread Starter #1
Hello All,
Let me first wish a very happy new year.

I got a job that requires me to drive to Ranigunj from Kolkata via the NH2. While most of the road is excellent, the Panagarh stretch has been in deplorable state since eternity.

I drive an Indica equipped with R14 bridgestone tyres (with tube).

So what precautions do I need to follow in order to minimise the damage to my wheels(flat tyre in mid highway is the last thing I wanna face).

And also if there is a way to bypass that traffic and horrid stretch, it would be of great help to me.

Thanking you in advance.

Hello All,
Let me first wish a very happy new year.

I got a job that requires me to drive to Ranigunj from Kolkata via the NH2. While most of the road is excellent, the Panagarh stretch has been in deplorable state since eternity.

I drive an Indica equipped with R14 bridgestone tyres (with tube).

So what precautions do I need to follow in order to minimise the damage to my wheels(flat tyre in mid highway is the last thing I wanna face).

And also if there is a way to bypass that traffic and horrid stretch, it would be of great help to me.

Thanking you in advance.
To bypass the Panagarh stretch you get on to the bridge over the train line just before Panagarh if you are driving from Kolkata to Raniganj. The moment you drive down from the bridge leave the highway and take a right turn. Thats the only right turn out thr and well marked as the bypass. Once you get on this bypass it will appear that you are driving back to Burdwan / Kolkata side but the road will once again take a u turn and drive you around Darjeeling More. The road is narrow but devoid of traffic and well marked.

And you cant take precautions for a puncture. Best is switch to Tubeless.

Top Bottom