Travelogue: Delhi - Bathinda - Delhi

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

Reading TAI inspired me to take a long drive from Delhi to Bathinda in my Alto 800 lxi...This is my first travelogue in the forum, kindly bear with my mistakes if any..

Background:

This is my first long drive due from very long time.My car was Alto 800 Lxi bought in March 2015.

Travel Route-
Delhi-Bathinda (via Bahadurgarh -Rohtak bypass - Maham- Hansi-Hisar-Fatehabad- Sardulgarh-Talwandi sabo)
Distance Covered : 339km (10% AC)
Time: 7 hours (Started from Delhi at 6.30 am Reached Bathinda at 1.30pm)
Fuel : 19 litres
Mileage : 18kmpl

Return Route -
Bathinda- Mandi dabwali - Sirsa-Hisar-Hansi-Maham-Rohtak-Bahadurgarh-Delhi
Distance Covered : 366km (10% AC)
Time : 8hours 10 minutes Started from Bathinda at 8.40 am Reached Rohini Delhi at 4.50pm)
Fuel : 21 litres
Mileage : 17.4kmpl

Members: Me , Elder brother and sister in Law in ALTO 800 LXi

This trip was long in my mind but never thought that it will materialize so soon. Late decision to go in Diwali and the non availability of tickets also spurred up my decision to drive down. I was really excited. I told my mom (which I always do before all trips).

Now a week to go, my research about the route starts. I got a lot of input from google panoramio.com

Maruti service masters GT Karnal road Mobile service did a complete service (although the reading was just 534km) and finished my 2nd service. Nawal and his group of mechanics took special interest in preparing the car for such a long drive. Each and every connection were checked and tightened. I was there standby all day watching the proceedings.

The Journey Starts:

At 6:35 AM, started off from home ( Rohini Delhi ), reached Rohtak road Peeragarhi at 6:50 AM ( 9 KMs), nearly till rohtak bypass the road was 4-6 Lane , Smooth expressway type highway so it was very easy for me to drive. Reached Hansi at 9:30 AM ( 136 kms). The road becomes narrow due to a lot of constructions work going on for 4 lane between Rohtak to Hisar . A lot of diversions from Maham - Hisar- Fatehabad . Reached Fatehabad at 10.45am. Will continue ....Some pictures attached.

Attachments

Top Bottom