A Memorable Trip To Agra & Jaipur From Kolkata

Thread Starter #1
This is my third road trip holiday in this year,Gangtok,Nainital and last one Agra &Jaipur.All the three are different from each others in terms of beauty,culture.Due to lack of time not able to pen down my previous travelogue but this time I have decided to write something about my Agra & Jaipur trip.

Few pics from the memory lane of Gangtok trip(February 2015)

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4
Actually we were in a dilemma where to go in puja vacation.First we decided to go to Tirupati and Hyderabad but due to some personal reasons had to cancel south india trip.So again me and wife start researching where to go…wife said no more hills as we have already done two hill station trip to Gangtok and Nainital this year.So finally we finalized Agra and Jaipur.No hotels booking done in advance in any place as we were not sure about starting date.In the mean white got to know that our very own RAhul da also going to Agra and then Gawalior at the almost same time. I sincerely thanks to Rahul da for all kind of help related to road suggestion and specially Hotel booking at Agra.
So after long discussion with wife we decided to start on 16thoctober Evening. Passengers were me, wife, in laws and my 3 year old daughter and last but not the least my Red angel. With four adults and 1 kid and with boot full of luggage angel performed really well.
16th October:-I did half day in office to start as early as possible in the evening and want to start around 4-4.30PM but that plan did not materialized and started sharp at 6 PM from EM bypass for Agra. We have decided to drive directly to Agra and estimated time is around 22 to 24hr from Kolkata. Stucked in very bad jam in park circus and lost 1.30hr.At 7.30pm we have crossed Second bridge. Our first stop was Shakti Garh which is famous for Langcha.Had some lanchas and started and did not stop for another 7 hr. Early in the morning we stopped somewhere in Jharkhand (Don’t know the place)for tea and it was pretty cold outside but it was very refreshing after 7 hr nonstop drive. I am not writing about NH2 condition as most of us aware about it. Asansol stretch was bad with lots of diversion because of flyover construction. At around 11 AM we hit Allahabad- Kanpur bypass and in no time crossed Kanpur. Had our breakfast in car itself. Stopped for lunch at around 2 PM near Etawa .As we nearing Agra traffic was horrible as the same warned by Rahul da as he reached Agra previous day .We reached agra at around 5 PM but Yamuna bridge was absolutely jammed so took the wrong lane as I was following a local bus to cross the bridge. We stayed in Hotel Blue haven as Rahul da also staying there and its on NH2 itself, to reach the hotel I followed rahul da instruction and reached hotel at round 6.30-7 PM and good to see rahul da standing in Hotel reception waiting for us.It took around 25hr to cover 1310KM from Kolkata to Agra and in this 25 hr Agra traffic took more then 2hr[;)].I was dam tired so took the dinner and went to sleep.

Few pics from Agra Taj Mahal....

Attachments

Last edited:
Sanku, great pictures of earlier trips of Sikkim and Nainital. Won't pressurise you but they do deserve a separate drive log [;)]

Anyways please continue with your Agra drive for the time being. We are eagerly waiting.

Nice start Shanku. But some more pictures from Jaipur and Rajasthan in your next part of the travelogue please.
Regards,
Rahul

At last you started to penning down Sanku [:)]

a nice place to visit during holidays. Waiting for your Nainital travelogue also, once you finish this.

Thread Starter #9
17th & 18th October:-17th evening and 18th October we were full day in Agra for local sightings.
19th October:- After breakfast we have started for next destination that is Pink City Jaipur.But on the way we have decided to stop at Fathepur SikhriVery nice and calm place.Buland Darwaja Set into the south wall of congregational mosque, the Jama Masjid at Fatehpur Sikri. The Tomb of Sheikh Salim Chishti is famed as one of the finest examples of Mughal architecture in India. Then we have moved towards Jaipur. Excellent road(NH-8) all the way till Jaipur.In agra jaipur stretch you can easily maintain 100+kmph.We have already booked hotel in JAipur in advance.Very good and reasonable hotel with 3 star facility Hotel Aroma. We reached hotel around 6 in the evening. After check in went to the nearby local market.
20th October:-20th we have decided to complete all local sighting in Jaipur so gathered all the information from hotel reception. We went to Amber fort first. you can drive all the way up till the fort. There you can see lots of Jeep as a tourist vehicle. Indeed a very good place.After that visited museum,zoo and Jaipur hand loom mall. Did lots of shopping there.20th best part was Durga Puja in Jaipur.Being a Bengali we really missed it but after seeing Durga Puja we all were very happy.Came back to hotel in the evening,took dinned and called for a day.

Attachments

Thanks Sanku for reviving sweet memories. I remember watching a Hindi movie (forgot the name) at Rajmandir cinema hall. It was over twenty years ago, when it was supposed to be India's finest theater and was also a pride of Jaipur.
Regards,
Rahulda.

Thread Starter #11
20th October:-We did a day tour to Pushkar and Ajmer on 21st.Pushkar is one of the oldest existing cities of India.Pushkar has many temples.The most famous among all is the Brahma Temple.Very few temples to Lord Brahma exist anywhere in the world.Pushkar lake is very famous as it was formed by the tears of Lord Shiva which he is believed to have shed after the death of his wife, Sati.

Attachments

Top Bottom