Its been a scintillating month, of owning my beast and driving him, has been a breeze
. Maneuvering in this b'lore traffic has not been a problem at all and even though its usually 2nd & 3rd gear, he runs for 12Kms/ltr. However, ever since I took him out on the highway, it was tempting to drive more & more. Following are the list of places I visited in the past month. Kanva Reservoir
1. Distance : Around 80Kms
2. Road condition : Good
3. Time : Approx. 2hrs
4. Route : Mysore Road -> Ramanagara. You'll come across a fly over. (Dont take the fly over). Take a 'U' turn, before the Fly over and turn left, head 8 Kms. The pics I posted in my ownership review, were taken there, so not posting them again. Horsely Hills
1. Distance : Around 180Kms
2. Road Condition : Good till Hosakote. Then its a State HW, but can manage around 80-90Kms/hr. The road b/w Chintamani and Madanapalle is awesome.
3. Time : 3 & 1/2 hrs (with brkfst and tea brks)
4. Route : Take the Old Madras road (K.R.Puram Hanging bridge) -> Hosakote (There is absolutely no sign anywhere and even the good old 'Arch' has been removed, so its ideal to ask). Take a left and head towards Chintamani -> Madanapalle -> Horsely Hills Pics
: Manchinabali dam
1. Distance : Around 50Kms
2. Road Condition : Mysore Road
3. Time : 1 hour
4. Route : Mysore Road -> Drive for a couple of kms after the Nice Road Flyover. Take a right near the Dental college and there is a sign board that reads 'Big Banyan Tree'. Ask for directions, as there are not any sign boards Pics
1. Distance : Around 190 Kms
2. Road Condition : Excellent
3. Time : 3 hours
4. Route : Take the Silk board Flyover -> Krishnagiri -> Take Left towards the Chennai Road (Guess its NH46) -> Drive for about 50Kms -> On the left there is a Vani Metriculation School -> Take a left and then 'U' turn towards Elagiri.
The place is not the greatest, but the drive will make you forget everything else
. I'll post the pics tomorrow.
Have done about 2000 Kms and i'm already feeling nostalgic