Discovering Paradise in Gods Own Country - Bekal

Thread Starter #1
Hi Everyone, this is my first travelogue, though I have traveled a lot I have never written one, but after reading some wonderful travelogues and enjoying them, I decided to share my travel experiences as well. So here we go
I am just back from an amazing vacation at Bekal - Kerala. The roads, the stay at Bekal, the beaches, the back waters, view from Bekal fort, the food, and the greenery makes this trip a really memorable one.

We traveled from Bangalore to Bekal.

Travel Dates - 20th to 24th September
Car - Bebe - my Honda City 2015
ODO at the end of trip - 934 kms
One way travel time - 7.5 hrs
Roads - Till Hassan 4 lane roads, then Ghat roads and then winding forest roads.
Mileage - 19.5 with a lot of ghats and A/C on
Fatigue after the journey - 0%
Energy level - 100%

People who wish to travel by air the nearest airport is Mangalore.

Below is the travel route that we used.
So we started early morning at 4:30 am on 20th September. It was overcast and when we reached the ghats, the view was just beautiful. Few pics of the roads to heaven and our chariot.

Attachments

Thread Starter #2
Reached our destination at Taj Bekal. We had got an amazing deal of "book for 2 nights and get the 3rd night for free". So spend a wonderful 3nights and 4 days. This is one amazing Taj property and definitely worth a visit. We had booked the plunge pool room, which is just what the Doctor had ordered. Lots of activities in the resort for kids and adults and they have a private beach. Pics Attached

To be continued

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
The next day visited Bekal fort. Its a massive fort next to the sea and has some amazing views. Its 10 kms from the resort and the road to the fort is right next to the beach. The fort is being restored by the archaeological society of India and the work in progress looks really good. I am sure in near future this will be a good tourist destination. There is a massive paid car park near the fort for Rs.10

To be continued

Attachments

Thread Starter #5
Finally as all good things must come to an end our holiday did, but I was really excited as I was looking forward to driving my Bebe back home, this is one rock solid car and its handling on ghats is butter smooth, car is a beast when you need power on ghat roads for overtaking and an angel on straight roads. I am back and feel like going on another drive. Love the car. Few pics of the car on the return journey and lastly bebe all cleaned up and raring to go for another drive.
Thanks for reading ad happy journey to all [:D]

Attachments

Thread Starter #8
Excellent pics buddy and nice writeup[clap]
Thanks Buddy!
If I'm correct, that is the same fort where AR and SR went went once.
Please pardon my knowledge. I didn't understand who is AR and SR. so unable to confirm.

Wow,Terrific place and good travelogue.You got good mileage from your city.Keep it up.
Thanks Buddy! If you can you should try and drive down. The place is amazing for families and couples.
Last month I had traveled to Coimbatore in my Dad's 2012 Ivtec and had got 22.6 kmpl !!!

Please pardon my knowledge. I didn't understand who is AR and SR. so unable to confirm.
AR: TAI Handle:AR RAM - Who done a trip to KL to Shima and done so many. you can find his TL's in Voyage Junction http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...kms-road-trip-covering-13-states-17-days.html

SR: TAI Handle: Smoothrider(Dr.Rajeev): Done a Trip to Leh with his family from KL in his Bolero http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/travel-itinerary/11181-leh-trip-kerala.html

AR and SR is well known personalities at TAI[:)]

Congrats Arundude20. 4days trip neatly presented without any delay.
Your travelogue immediately after the travel dates shows ZERO 'fatigue after the journey'.

There are many other attractions in and around Kasaragod.
Thonikadavu water falls, Chandragiri fort and Malom wildlife Sanctuary are in Kasaragod. Should include these during the next visit.

Thank you SR for your quotes

Arundude20,

The travelogue is beautifully written with stunning photographs

The pictures of your ride are simply fascinating...

Thanks for sharing dear.

This destination gave me a wonderful experience of adventure, nightmare, disaster and challenges. For more details, follow the link SR quoted

congrats arundude20. the fort looks deserted when you visited. its crowded in the evenings and weekends. iam one of the dudes that appu mentioned.i had gone there with AR Ram in the past. . here is the link to that story( a horror story though[;)])
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...html?highlight=travelogue+turned+horror+story
Follow this link for the new updates

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...turned-into-nightmare-skoda-horror-story.html

Thank you SR

Thread Starter #14
Congrats Arundude20. 4days trip neatly presented without any delay.
Your travelogue immediately after the travel dates shows ZERO 'fatigue after the journey'.
There are many other attractions in and around Kasaragod.
Thonikadavu water falls, Chandragiri fort and Malom wildlife Sanctuary are in Kasaragod. Should include these during the next visit.
Thanks Sir, have made a note of all the places and will make it a point to visit all the places mentioned by you, as I will be going back soon.

congrats arundude20. the fort looks deserted when you visited. its crowded in the evenings and weekends. iam one of the dudes that appu mentioned.i had gone there with AR Ram in the past. . here is the link to that story( a horror story though[;)])
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...html?highlight=travelogue+turned+horror+story
Pardon my ignorance in names Sir, in fact I have read both your and AR sir's travelogues.The one to Leh in your bolero which is one of the best travelogues that I have ever read and the one by AR sir regarding his trip to Bekal with the horror story. Suddenly the abbreviations SR and AR didn't click. But really enjoyed reading your travelogues.

Thank you SR for your quotes
Arundude20,
The travelogue is beautifully written with stunning photographs
The pictures of your ride are simply fascinating...
Thanks for sharing dear.
This destination gave me a wonderful experience of adventure, nightmare, disaster and challenges. For more details, follow the link SR quoted
Thanks for liking my travelogue Sir, and coming from you makes me really happy. I hope to see more travelogues from you and this time sans the horror story and only happy memories.[:)]

Very well narrated travelogue along with a great set of pics. Glad to see your bebe serving you to the core overall. [clap]

Keep revving and explore more beautiful places like Bekal.

Top Bottom