Trip to Yercaud

Thread Starter #1
Yercaud is one of the four hill resorts in TN after Ooty, Coonoor/Wellington and Kodaikanal located 25km from the city of Salem in the Shevaroy hills. This is where i spent last weekend.

Beginning this trip with pics of NH45 driving from Chennai to the Salem exit road
-----------Next Post-----------
More highway pics

Attachments

Last edited:
Nice and clean road.
Did you go in your SX4? Put some pictures of hills, this is one place in my list.

What the hell, bike was driving like crazy.

Nice and clean road.
Did you go in your SX4? Put some pictures of hills, this is one place in my list.

What the hell, bike was driving like crazy.
Hey it's an illuson RSM, The camera might have captured it that way.
Only pics of highway???

Aah fond memories of driving on NH 45! A great road to enjoy driving. Good pictures , now share with us the pictures of the hill roads and town. See the crazy bikers driving almost on the right lane in a highway![frustration]

As its raining the climate would have been even more chilly i guess!

@ RSM I thought after seeing the pictures it was a Swift![confused]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6
Nice comments guys. I regret posting this thread 'cause now i got to finish it![:D] Posting roadtrip pics takes up a lot of time just going throughall the pics for starters!.

@RSM

Drove in a friend's Swift.

The biker guy was going fast but i guess the camera caught it like it is 'cause all i do is point and shoot!.

Here's a preview of pics to follow, once i get down to it. For now.....

Attachments

wow, awesome pics man.Expecting more from your journey, with some detailed info on route, your stay, place food all if you can share.

Thread Starter #10
wow, awesome pics man.Expecting more from your journey, with some detailed info on route, your stay, place food all if you can share.
We stayed at the Golden Palace Hotel perched on a hill like most of the hotels are. Nice view from the rear of the hotel. Room rate was RS2200 per night double occupancy, RS700 for extra guest in room. Room service food was ok bu the complimentary breakfast was good. Service is reasonable and the place is clean. I can't complain and below are pics of the hotel and views.

Attachments

Thread Starter #13
Driving through the Yercaud countryside -Part One

Attachments

Thread Starter #15
Those curvy roads must have been fun to drive! Great pictures as usual!
Thanks. I'll try and be descriptive a bit later on and you right about the roads. Absolute fun to drive especially in a Swift or similar size car like our ride for this trip. Here's pics of our ride in various locales of this drive through the countryside.

Attachments

Top Bottom