The Bareilly Blog: Beyond Traffic & Imperfections

Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

I have never written a travel experience before though traveled many times to many parts of India. Before initiating my experience here, let me tell you all, my intent of writing this travel log is, just to bring forth the beauty of places which have more to them than just roads and unruly traffic. It is the life’s pace that is worth noticing and the natural beauty that catches your eyes when you travel to places which are probably not as modern like Bombay, Delhi, Noida, Gurgaon and many more. I just out of the blue planned a one day trip to Bareilly i.e the city in U.P where my relatives stay. Idea was to unwind from the regular life of metro and be calm and in touch with the relaxed life style of this city. People over here in the city enjoy each moment of their lives and not like us metro guys, who sadly are often occupied by appraisals, meeting and presentations. Bareilly is not really expensive in terms of stay and food and one can have a good meal for as low as Rs. 150/-. There are many food outlets located near the railway station and out of all the hotels existing in Bareilly, my patronized one is Swarn Towers. Best part is that next to my hotel was a MSIL stockyard. The first thing I saw after removing the window curtain of the room was that only. Apart from that outside my hotel saw the Hybrid Ciaz in evening. Being a petrol head such sighting keeps one engaged to his hobby and passion while enjoying the ease of life there.

What I am going to share with you is a travelogue cum photologue of the same in a best possible narration which would include conversations with my nagging dad and always wanting to get me married mom. The route was NH-24 all the way. It took me 6 hours to reach my hotel. The road condition of the route is quite good for cruising at 80-90 km/h and toll tax paid for one side is 295/-. Moving ahead, I traveled alone and had my chauffeur for company. I was amazed to see the sights of lush green fields which earlier used to be either soaking in water or remained un-used. Yesterday, I saw this NH-24 not as a road filled with traffic and other imperfections, I tried to catch what lies between traffic and other imperfections on that route.

The story begins!!

I am sitting and watching the serial, Thapki Pyar ki. 7:15pm is the time. As soon as there was a break in the episode, I made a sulking face so that dad could take notice and ask me.

Paa: Kya hua? (What happened?)

Me: nothing just feeling bored. Bahar jaana chahta hu (I want to go some place out)

Paa: Open the main door and go out for a stroll

Me: I want to leave Delhi for a day or so, I am bored of same type of routine.

Paa: You want to spend time with yourself Right?

Me: Ya kind of!

Paa: Talk to Pallavi

Me: She is busy with her music sessions.

Paa: So where you plan to go?

Me: Bareilly or may be Jaipur!

Paa: Dekhlo!

Me: Ya! I am off to Bareilly tomorrow.

Paa: Inform Sheeshpal (My chauffeur)

Me: You do so!

20150916_123446.jpg

To be continued!

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Thread Starter #2

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Its morning, I am all sleepy as I had been awake till late night. Mom enters to wake me up

Mom: Abh utho (get up)

Me: 10 minutes more

Mom: Its 9 am already

Me: Eyes wide open! What??

Mom: Fresh up, breakfast is being made.

I gather myself remove the quilt and rubbing my eyes I head to restroom. In next half n hour I was with dad on the breakfast table. Soon after he left for office, I started off too. It was nearly 10 months since I visited last to Bareilly. On way, I found the weather in that area to be slightly better than what we have here in Delhi-NCR these days. The humidity and heat was pretty less and it was a pleasant evening weather as I felt sitting in the garden of the hotel.

You all, might be thinking, people write about trips to hill stations, holiday spots and foreign locations so why is this guy writing about just another normal city? What is so endearing to note in this description? I would say, probably nothing or if you have interest in living life in a relaxed manner without any tension of what may come in future, then probably, you’ll understand, why I wrote about this city. You see, we are accustomed to fast life style, in which we do remember the taste of foods like low-calorie sub-sandwich, corn-cheese pizza, maharaja mac burger et al but how often do we try and re-collect the time when we had foods like desi ghee jalebi being prepared in front of you or the soft and succulent samosa being prepared in the kadaahi? It is really difficult to find such authentically made dishes in our day to day lives. Maybe we can eat them but that authentic taste is missing and to gain that authentic taste and aroma one should visit to places like these!

Having kathi rolls, kebab rolls prepared in refined oil would fulfill the hunger but wont leave a lasting taste in your mouth. Try the kebab rolls prepared at outlets next to railway station in Bareilly and I sure you’ll end up at least with 4-5 rolls in one go. They are cooked to perfection and served with nil oil. Heated on a open tandoor, it doesn’t take more than 2-3 minutes for the kebab to melt in mouth. Now, that’s what I call the experience and hoonar of a true cook i.e to leave a lasting impression with your preparations. You’ll be probably surprised, I never eat my dinner at hotel. I go to this outlet and get my dinner packed. The taste is so very nice than the delicate preparation and presentations of the hotel.

* I am nearing my 1st stop for lunch, the famous industrial town of Gajraula in district Moradabad.

To be continued!

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3

Akash1886

Honoured Member
So, I am about to reach my first halt for lunch. So far it has been a pleasant journey and I am enjoying it. Within the span of 10 months, a lot seems to have changed with regards to roads. So, here are some pics clicked before I stop for lunch. From the holy Ganga at Garhmukteshwar to funny poetic/idioms lines on trucks, at Gajraula I saw everything. The lunch halt was taken at Hotel Meriton, a good restaurant with slightly pricey food. It is clean with ample sitting place. A meal for 2 shall cost 550/- including taxes.

20150916_122452.jpg

20150916_122505.jpg

20150916_122944.jpg

20150916_123636.jpg

20150916_123959.jpg

20150916_124038.jpg

20150916_124247.jpg

20150916_125742.jpg

20150916_130451.jpg

20150916_130721.jpg

Having driven for 2.5 hours from Noida, I take a stop for lunch and fresh up. Over there I saw, an almost extinct mode of transport i.e Taanga (Horse Cart). As I was having lunch, mom called and advised me not got out of the way while eating lunch and to be careful while selecting the dish, though when I am at home, I control my urge for foods like biryani, tikka etc but when I travel and that too alone, I am like a free-bull (khula saand[lol]) when it comes to having lunch or dinner. So, over the phone I told, I have ordered Dal, Roti and Paneer and that she shouldn't worry as I am very careful of what I eat when travelling[;)].

20150916_131043.jpg

20150916_132255.jpg

20150916_132314.jpg

20150916_132320.jpg

20150916_132344.jpg

20150916_132423.jpg

20150916_132437.jpg

20150916_134512.jpg

20150916_134446.jpg

20150916_133325.jpg

* Post lunch journey to continue!

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #5

Akash1886

Honoured Member
So, after finishing with lunch, the next part of the journey begins. I am bit annoyed as the hotel did not have diet coke so had to drink thumbs up. I prefer diet coke/pepsi or zero coke. So as its afternoon now, so traffic is pretty less and the sun begins to shine making the afternoon time a bit hot.

20150916_140754.jpg

20150916_145004.jpg

20150916_145018.jpg

Just 3-4 km before the newly operational toll at Bareilly, I stopped the car to click a pic of it with the highway in the background. This was the 1st time where I clicked my car on a National Highway[clap][glasses]. We then proceed to our ultimate destination, Bareilly!

20150916_161041.jpg

So, we have reached Bareilly and its 4:40pm in the clock and I am standing at hotel's reception for the key.

20150916_165643.jpg

As I have the room keys now, I am in lift to reach and crash on the bed. I have been sitting for almost 6 hours so many corners of my body are rattling (In automotive language[lol]). A neat inviting bed is one less thing to worry about after a long journey. Pics of my room!

20150916_211041.jpg

20150916_211050.jpg

After having my dinner that I have bought from a outlet next to my hotel, I am on TAI and after browsing and interacting, its all sleepy so I finally say good night day 1. Tomorrow (17-9-15) I return to Delhi.

* To be continued.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Thread Starter #7

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Its morning now, haven't slept much all night due to heavy load shedding and gen-set noises. Have to get ready now, can't check TAI on laptop as data limit is over as told by hotel. Guess, nothing left to do, so, got to take bath and get ready for returning to Delhi. Its already 9:30am, the buffet breakfast is now ready. The buffet looks and smells good. Should have my regular stuff now and get going. So, its 10:15am, time to leave else I won't be able to make it in time at Delhi.

Driver: Bhaiya gaadi laau (Should I get the car)

Me: Be Ready, will leave in 15 mins.

Me: Petrol ka kya scene hai? (Whats the status of Petrol)

Driver: Half Tank

Me: Need to refuel

So now as we are about to leave the hotel, I reach the nearest bunk and get it refueled. Total price difference in Delhi-UP fuel is approx 8 rupees/Ltr. So now as car is refueled we are good to go. The morning traffic is building up so before it increases further lets get out!

20150917_123906.jpg

Thank god, we are out in just 20 mins from the city and we are on the highway. While leaving Bareilly, I see an upcoming Renault Dealership. Good for Kwid! The traffic is not much and we are cruising at 70-80 Km/h and no real need of AC still I put it on on 1 number for ambiance to be cool. In our smooth drive so far, we haven't faced any issues. As I am speaking to Sheeshpal about our trip suddenly, from the divider jumps out a sheep and we are still at 70-75km/h with belts on!

* To be continued.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #8

Akash1886

Honoured Member
So we are belted and at 75 km/h apply brakes to avoid hitting the sheep and the car managed it so well that it stopped almost a feet away from the sheep. ABS helped indeed. There was no traffic in rear or else situation would have been worse. Moment of silence both me and Sheeshpal looking at each other's face and to our surprise, the owner of sheep comes and takes it away without any bother or apology.

Me: Bach gaya..warna aaj gaye thay (Saved or else we would have been gone)

Driver: Bhagwan ki kripa (God's blessing)

Me: Paani la yaar (Give me some water)

Driver: Thoda ruk kar chalte hain (Lets stop for a while and then move)

So we have stopped next to lush green field to relax for a bit then drive ahead. Apart from this incident, we thankfully haven't faced any issue neither with road nor with the car. All in all a sweet little outing coming to a peaceful and safe end as I have now reached home and well in time at 5:30pm

20150917_124426.jpg

So friends, this was just one trip account from my end. I hope you enjoyed reading it at-least[:D]. Until the next one, Be Safe and Drive Safe!

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Nice travelogue Akash, though it's a simple trip but your writting skills made it worth reading. I travel on the same route almost once or twice a month since Moradabad is my hometown. I just love driving on NH-24 upto my home since the roads are in great condition but you need to be very careful about animals crossing the roads out of nowhere as you experienced one already.
And be careful during the "Kanvar" season as the authorities close Nh-24 sometimes or you might stuck in Jams for hours.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #10

Akash1886

Honoured Member
I travel on the same route almost once or twice a month since Moradabad is my hometown. I just love driving on NH-24 but you need to be very careful about animals crossing the roads out of nowhere as you experienced one already.
And be careful during the "Kanvar" season as the authorities close Nh-24 sometimes or you might stuck in Jams for hours.
I agree buddy. In August 2014, when I traveled it was kaanvar season and from Gajraula to Mordabad, the highway was one-way and that time it was not as good in terms of roads as it has become now.

Regards

Akash

I agree buddy. In August 2014, when I traveled it was kaanvar season and from Gajraula to Mordabad, the highway was one-way and that time it was not as good in terms of roads as it has become now.Regards
Akash
True. Also avoid taking that route a day before Diwali and Rakshabandhan during evening hours. And if you have to go that way then leave Delhi by 10 AM. I got stuck this rakshabandhan and reahced Moradabad from Gurgaon in 10 hours.[sleep]

Top Bottom