Xcent Drive - Vadodara To Sasan GIR and Back To Vadodara

Thread Starter #1
Just came back from Sasan Gir, by my Xcent 1.2.

Was a very good and pleasurable journey to GIR, my 1st visit. Had gone with my wife and nephews ( Teenagers, hence were very excited, also this was their 1st long drive at night !!) .

Route taken -> Vadaodara - > Borsad -> Tarapur -> Bagodra -> Limbdi -> Rajkot -> Junagadh ->GIR.

Started my journey at 2330 Hrs from Vadodara. Road condition is just OK from Vadodara to Borsad and after that it's not so good. Entire Patch is under construction and is quite narrow at some places with lots of Pot holes and Diversions[frustration]. Till Bagodra had to drive very carefully and slowly.

After Bagodra, it's NH8A, and very good and smooth all the way till Rajkot. Also, from Rajkot, had to drive carefully not to miss the By-pass from Rajkot to Junaghad.

From Junagadh to Gir, road is good and very scenic. We were able to spot several herds of dear / spotted Dear / Black Buck and several Birds on our way to GIR. [:D]

We stayed at GIR PRIDE RESORT. Which to me, is one of the best kept resorts with Full of Natural surroundings. Food was excellent and Swiss Tents were very good and Hygienic. RECOMMENDED FOR EVERY ONE TO STAY AT THIS ONCE.

Xcent returned an Average of 16.78 KMPL, which is Good for the Road condition. It took us about 6.5 Hrs to Reach our destination.

Will share Photos Shortly.

That sounds like a good trip.
-What was the total distance covered? ~17kmpl sounds good, considering the road condition as you described.
- How about the suspension throughout trip?
- How A/C performed, since it is peak summer?
- What was the max speed you attain with ease?
- Tyre Pressure?

Thread Starter #4
That sounds like a good trip.
-What was the total distance covered? ~17kmpl sounds good, considering the road condition as you described.
- How A/C performed, since it is peak summer?
- What was the max speed you attain with ease?
- Tyre Pressure?

Dear Furious ! ,

Total distance covered during the Trip was ~950 Kms

Tyre pressure was checked at both ends before starting the journey ~ 33 in all Tyres.

Never had any issues with AC of Xcent, it worked very well, in fact my Dial was on 3/4. ( Less than 1/2. !) so it was very Good.

I was able to achieve a top speed on 145 Kmph, while on NH8A. but that was just for a fraction , as my Nephew pushed me to up the tempo !! was able to drive on NH8A around 100 Kmph.

No issues with Suspension Either, but this Car is built for Roads and not for Jungle trails !!! So while driving inside the Jungle Trails, there were some Issues. But not on the Highway or other State Highways.

^^ Thanks for detailed information. Place looks cool. Hope you have enjoyed your time there. I am planning for a trip next weekend to a place near my native which is an hilly area. Let's see how my 1.2 behave there.

Thread Starter #6
Enjoy your Trip !, Xcent doesn't faces any issues with Hilly area either, as while driving from Vadodara to Delhi, a small patch of about 30-50 Kms is hilly area in Rajasthan/Gujrat. never felt any difference or any such Issue.

Sure I will. It's been a long time since I had any long trip. The only trip outside city was around 80km round-trip which was 2 months ago. It was also in hilly area but I felt car was not behaving like I expected it to be. But may be I am missing something. Let me try it this time.

Top Bottom