A Trip To Galudih (Jharkhand)

Thread Starter #1
We were planning for a trip to Ghatshila- Galudih for long time. But could not make it.

15th Aug 2014 is a holiday and 16th was Saturday. So if I take a leave on 16th, then I have 3days in my hand. We thought this was the right time to visit the place. Booked the hotel for 2 days and started counting days for the trip. We planned for an early start around 4am, but ultimately started at 5.30am. We mean me, my wife, my sister, my brother in law (bil), his 6 yrs old daughter and a common friend of us. The car was fully loaded with 5 adults and a kid along with luggage for 3 days. We took AJC Bose road flyover and through Kona expressway we reached NH6 in no time. 1st stop was in Uluberia Azad Hind Dhaba. Had hot Aloo-paratha and lassi in breakfast.
After having a good breakfast, we started our journey. Before entering Kharagpur we took a small fag break and to stretch the legs. The road was very smooth till kharagpur, maintained an average 90-100kmph throughout. But after crossing KGP, road condition started become worse slowly. Different sizes of potholes made us to slow down. Some of the places it was so big that I felt it would swallow the car itself. Speed came down to 30-40kmph till Lodhashuli. After crossing Lodhashuli it was worst. In fact there is no existence of road. This was the worst road condition I have ever seen in my lifetime. I am cursing myself for taking this road. I was driving at 5 kmph. By the time we reach Bharaghora it was 12pm. We took right turn from there towards Jamshedpur. Road condition was improved. But only for next 20 km approx, again broken road but not as bad as before.

I will never suggest anyone whoever will go to ghatshila from Kolkata, rather one should take Durgapore bakura road.

Anyway, we reached the hotel at 3pm. We all freshened up and had our lunch. In the evening we just walk around the nearby areas.

The next 2 days we just simply walked around and tried to explore the areas. It’s a good place for simply relax and doing nothing. And we did the same.

While returning it took us almost 10 hrs to reach. No photos while returning, as I was busy negotiating the potholes till kharagpur. Had our dinner at Sher- i- Punjab.

a.jpg
Without taking this pictures I don't think any Kolkata guy start their journey.[:D]

b.jpg
at Dhulagarh toll plaza on NH 6

c.jpg
At Azad Hind Dhaba, Uluberia. our first stop.

d.JPG

e.JPG
Delicious Aloo Paratha[clap]

f.JPG
full team

g.jpg

h.JPG
smooth NH6, cruising @100kmph

i.JPG
a break for photo session

j.JPG
NH 6

k.jpg
contd...

(N.B. Please excuse for any mistakes)

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5
Never knew there was a feasible route here
[:)]

Yes Chandranath Da. Road through DGP and Bakura is more feasible.

contd...

l.jpg
Road through Lodhashuli Jungle

m.jpg

n.JPG

o.JPG

p.JPG
Road after Bharagora.

q.JPG
fun times

r.JPG
capturing the nature

s.JPG
adda on the road. Believe me, we are the only people there, no one else was there.

t.JPG
now time for car photoshoot

t1.jpg

t2.jpg

t3.jpg

t4.jpg

u.JPG

v.JPG
road towards Dalma Reserve forest

w.JPG

x.JPG

y.JPG

z.JPG

za.JPG

N.B. Please ignore the dates, forgot to change the setting in camera[frustration]

Thank you.

Attachments

Yes Chandranath Da. Road through DGP and Bakura is more feasible.

contd...

View attachment 159188
Road through Lodhashuli Jungle

View attachment 159189

View attachment 159190

View attachment 159191

View attachment 159192
Road after Bharagora.

View attachment 159193
fun times

View attachment 159194
capturing the nature

View attachment 159195
adda on the road. Believe me, we are the only people there, no one else was there.

View attachment 159196
now time for car photoshoot

View attachment 159197

View attachment 159198

View attachment 159199

View attachment 159200

View attachment 159201

View attachment 159202
road towards Dalma Reserve forest

View attachment 159203

View attachment 159204

View attachment 159205

View attachment 159206

View attachment 159207

N.B. Please ignore the dates, forgot to change the setting in camera[frustration]

Thank you.
Apologies.. After seeing the map I realised I drove this road.

But it was from Durgapur to Purulia / Bankura to Chandil and Jamshedpur (that was my destination.)

Ghatshila was 33 km from Jamshedpur

But the road you have mentioned in your google map is jungle / maoist area. So please check before taking on that road.

Your travelogue is amazing for me for a nostalgic point of view.

Thanx for sharing

Sarkar very nice travelogue.I have spent good number of years in Purulia but never visited these places but will try to visit soon.

Thread Starter #11
Apologies.. After seeing the map I realised I drove this road.

But it was from Durgapur to Purulia / Bankura to Chandil and Jamshedpur (that was my destination.)

Ghatshila was 33 km from Jamshedpur

But the road you have mentioned in your google map is jungle / maoist area. So please check before taking on that road.

Your travelogue is amazing for me for a nostalgic point of view.

Thanx for sharing
Thank you Chandranath Da.

Yes, you are right the road is through jungle, but if anyone plan to cross the area in day time, there will not be any issue. One must avoid to cross this area after sunset.

Top Bottom