7 Days. 7 States. 4K Kilometers @ 6600 RPM

Thread Starter #1
7 Days 7 states 4k kms

About previous trips

For every road trip we have the choice of either Fiesta 1.6 or city 1.5 from the past 4 years.we enjoy driving both cars.
We have a feeling that every time we take out Honda city for the trip some thing or the other thing fails(nothing serious or mechanical) in the car.

Hyderabad to Belum caves
Started with full excitement at 10pm from Hyderabad with three people on board checked the air pressure we found a slow puncture.we just travelled 10kms from home.
Returned home and switched to fiesta.Drive was bliss

Hyderabad to chikmagalur
Started at 9pm from Hyderabad,car did not crank after some observation found that the exide battery gave up finally.
We duck started the car and went to the nearest Amaron dealer and surprised to see that battery is actually cracked
and leaking some liquid.Bought a new one for 3k which we felt is cheap.Drive was fantastic from there.

So this time its a different issue again.

Day1

Hyderabad to Bangalore

NH7 is as usual bliss to drive except those 3 speed brakes which I almost miss every time and brake suddenly.
Honda city as usual kissed the speed bumps.Apart from that it is very much uneventful and did not take any pics.
Maintained constant 100-120km/hr ,mileage is around 16kmpl with two people on board and less luggage.checked tank-full to tank-full method
and we are satisfied.
Met our friends and told that this time we did not face any issue with the car. [glasses]

Day2
Bangalore to munnar
Started a 4am from Bangalore and covered the first 200kms in 3hrs with breaks.
Then city started to bounce a little at 120km/hr, At first i thought it was road and soft suspension combo.
But it continued for some time,decreased the speed to 100km/hr and it was smooth,pulled over and checked all the four tires,
everything looks fine.We drove for some time and other people in the car started feeling the bounce.
We pulled over again and asked my friend to drive and the other three of us standing on the road like idiots and watching the car go to and fro.
Could not make out the issue.We started again and push it hard and this time it is bouncing like hell.We pulled over again.
we are able to make out which tire is bouncing.Jacked up the car and removed the wheel found a bulge on the tire.
Changed the spare tire,which already has a side wall cut in last month, it was fixed using tube.Drove for the next 60kms below 50km/hr.
We stopped at a small town for food and found a wheel alignment shop, called him at 7am on the Christmas holiday.

He is generous enough and asked us to wait for 30mins.He arrived in 30mins checked the tire and said that we have to buy a new tire.
Honda city has a odd tire size R15/175,which was not available at any shop.[frustration]
We need to change all the four tires to R15/185.All set by 10am and our slow progress journey to munnar started as tires are new.
Reached munnar by 4pm and settled in the room which is 1.5k per/day for four people which is dead cheap considering the holiday
season and it is exactly opposite to the liquor shop.Hoping rest of the journey to be issue free and we were wrong.
To be continued..

Attachments

Last edited:
Re: 7 Days 7 states 4k kilometers @6600rpm

So you are back from the trip and back here with the T-log. [thumbsup]

Nice teaser pictures ! Loved the composition, especially the second, fourth and fifth.

Jacked up the car and removed the wheel found a bulge on the tire.
:eek:Thank your stars. You might have just escaped from a tyre burst !

Subscribed and waiting for the rest !

Last edited:

Beautiful T-log with AMAZING pictures especially the first and fourth pic! [clap]
Waiting for the rest!

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member

nice log. waiting for more.

are honda citys inheritly unreliable?
one of my friends also facing constant issues with nhc.

We can't generalize it. I own Honda City iVTEC 2012 model. I have done trips of 4500Km, 2300Km and 1200Km apart from city drive. Some patches of long journey were having non-existing roads. I never faced any trouble during these journey. Before going for long journey I got my car checked up by service center one week in advance (to take care of any negligence done by service center).
Anyway eagerly waiting for remaining story and loads of awesome photos. Hope nothing major have happened with Gowtham.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #7

So you are back from the trip and back here with the T-log.

Nice teaser pictures ! Loved the composition, especially the second, fourth and fifth.

:eek:Thank your stars. You might have just escaped from a tyre burst !

Subscribed and waiting for the rest !
info on the routes was very helpful.we are lucky to identify it early.

Beautiful T-log with AMAZING pictures especially the first and fourth pic!
Waiting for the rest!
2nd and fourth pics are awesome. Complete the story and break the suspense now.
nice log. waiting for more.

are honda citys inheritly unreliable?
one of my friends also facing constant issues with nhc.
Thank you all

City is very much reliable.Those issues are regular maintenance issues.We did not face single issue with the car other than these.
Battery is 4 years old
Tires gave up as it has done 40k +
Problem is all the issues have cropped up only when we are on the vacation.
[frustration]

Last edited:
Beautiful composition [:)].
City is one of the most reliable car, I own a 2005 City which has 100K+ KM, still I am fine with taking it for long drives.
Even I feel issue you have encountered are general maintenance issues.
Waiting for more.

Top Bottom