Some more points to add
- Kodaikanal entry fee 40 INR is collected at toll plaza just before the silver cascade falls (8 km ahead of the town)
- We paid no parking fee
for the entire trip
- Dedicated parking is available only at certain areas, otherwise it's Road side parking only.
- Entry to Berijam lake requires forest department permission. It is easy to get. A form is issued at the check post, fill it along with a fee 150INR, you will be allowed to enter. But if you have plastic water bottles (empty) or any plastic covers, it will not be allowed inside the forest.
- When we visited the checkpost, it was a big traffic jam (almost for an hour) and we skipped Berijam from our list
- It is always better to carry an umbrella as we experienced unexpected downpour twice without any shelter around.
- Instant photography printing requires a good negotiation skill. People charge anything from 30INR to 100INR.
- Take care when you visit Bear shola falls and Dolphin Nose, park your vehicle atleast 200m ahead (at both the locations we have seen many cars got stuck at the dead end, without any space left out to move / turn / reverse the vehicle) Restaurants & eateries:
- Almost all restaurants in Kodaikanal offer warm drinking water (at few places, it is served on request)
- Royal Restaurant
at Perumalmalai (Palani, Dindigul & Kodaikanal road junction itself) is good in all aspects (quality, taste, price, hospitality) except for the parking space. Only 2/3 cars can be parked inforn of the restaurant and for the rest, we have road side parking. Both Veg & Non-veg served (we tasted both)
- Thalapakattu Restaurant
at Laws Ghat road (Near Zion matriculation school) is a kind of okish. Briyani items are good, but Chinese items lacks taste.
- Near Kurinji Andavar temple, there is a road side shop by an ealderly lady who prepares Vada. Tastes good but with excess oil.
- Homemade chocolates are available at almost all places and in different flavors. They do sell in assorted varieties. Hotel review
I got an decent offer for Hotel Spring Valley
at Laws ghat road, near Zion Matriculation School through Travelguru.com
Facility, hospitality and parking is good (I will rate 4/5) except the connecting road to hotel (should I say no road at all?) Restaurant serves quality and tasty food, but that is not open 24x7. We reached around 3:00pm and by the time restaurant was closed. Staffs were so caring and helpful in every aspect. Fore sure I will recommend this hotel for the one who requires a decent stay.
Originally Posted by manojodungat
It has been two years since my last visit to Kodai. But I got there from the other side via Theni. Beautiful experience, I must say. A Quick Escape To Kodaikanal
Nice set of pictures !.
Thanks for sharing and looking forward to many more from you in 2015 as well.
Thanks Manoj. I have seen your thread already (before my trip) Wonderful set of snaps.