Trip Report From Kolkata To Galudih, Jharkhand

Thread Starter #1
This is my first trip report of Galudih, Jharkhand from Kolkata.
Inspired from anisghos I followed his rout up to Galudih, Jharkhand.
1.jpg

Special thanks to my wife for capturing 70% of the road picture, this is her first photographic learning session [clap][:D]

The total distance of near about 280 KM brake up is given below

Kolkata-Kolaghat(NH 6) - 86 kms
Kolaghat-Kharagpur(NH 6) - 64 kms
Kharagpur-Lodhasuli(NH 6) - 35 kms
Lodhasuli-Baharagora(NH 6) - 35 kms
Baharagora-Ghatsila(NH 33) - 46 kms
Ghatsila- Galudih(NH 33) - 11 kms

We mean me and my wife started on 21.12.2014 from Netajinagar, South Kolkata at 0615 hrs. Taken the 2nd Hooghly Bridge and reaching NH6 easily. I have to refuel my car so visited 2 Petrol Pump on NH6 but surprisingly they didn’t have petrol, finally in 3rd Petrol pump we got petrol and my car was refueled. My friends and colleagues told me not to go this trip as i am the only driving person, but ......

Near about 0800 hrs we reached Kolaghat, taking our breakfast at Sher E Punjab hotel.
2.jpg
3.jpg
6.jpg

We started again from Kolaghat at about 0845 hrs. We crossed Kharagpur at about 0930 hrs, after that the beautiful NH6 vanished we got a apparently narrower road
4.jpg
5.jpg

at about 1040 hrs we reached Lodhasuli.
7.jpg

then headed towards Baharagora.
9.jpg

Up to Kharagpur the road condition was very good, after that sometimes good and sometimes horrible, specially after Lodhasuli.
11.jpg

again the road condition was as well as good and bad also.
8.jpg
10.jpg

Then taken right turn at Baharagor at about 1200 hrs, now the roads of potholes arrived. we faced some potholes which are bigger than my Swift Dzire, tha hole car was in the pothole.
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg

we reached at Ghatsila at about 1315 hrs. Then taken our lunch in a road side dhaba. we both are in big hunger, I need some rest also, and finally we reached at Rajanigandha Gest House, Galudih, Jharkhand at 1415 hrs.

Next update will be posted later[:D]

Last edited:
Re: Trip report from Kolkata to Galudih Jharkhand

The Bahargora area upto Tatanagar has been in shambles for quite some time. Was not a good idea to drive that way.

But since you have done it, well done and must have enjoyed it. Please post some more details and pictures on the Bahargora sector.

And some more pictures and story on the Ghatshilla Galudih area

Thread Starter #3

@ Chandranath
as i am driving the photo was taken by my wife who is a just a beginner with DSLR, so the bad picture were deleted from my computer for space crisis. But next update and return journey will be with photos as far as possible. The raw images to processed and converted to jepg format which is time consuming matter, so keep patience.

The NH33 from Baharagora to Tatanagar is in under reapir, so we can hope for better[:D]

Last edited:

Nice report of your trip.Thankyou for sharing it with us.That shere e punjab has some nice quality food and the evening tea was memorable on my last journey where we went to orissa from kolkatta.

Thread Starter #5

On the same day after reaching Rajanigandha Gest House, Galudih, we take bath with hot water and cup of hot tea and relaxed for some time
16.jpg

Then went out for Galudih Dam on Subarnorekha river, taken some photo.
28.jpg
27.jpg
18.jpg

Returned to guest house for evening snacks. after doing some night shot and astrophotography taking dinner and a good sleep
the eveningscape from Rajanigandha Guest House
30.jpg

M45 Pleiades open star cluster
IMG_5994 M45_1.jpg

to be continued..

Last edited:

Beautifully narrated travelogue [clap]

Pictures are extremely good

Wish you many many happy miles ahead

Thread Starter #8
Next morning we faced 7.5°C, which is too cold for any kolkatans.

some morning shot from Rajanigandha Gest House
32.jpg
33.jpg

after taking breakfast we went out for Burudih Lake and Dharagiri Falls.

on the way to Burudih Lake
34.jpg
35.jpg
36.jpg
37.jpg

Burudih Lake
46.jpg

after reaching to Burudih Lake we take a tea break, and left for Dharagiri Falls as some other vehicles doing same. we followed them. becareful for the location of Dharagiri Falls as it is located far from the road. we also missed the left side unpaved road. however we managed to return the same point with the help of local people.
Till now I can't believe that I travelled with my Dzire on that narrow unpaved road to the parking area near Dharagiri Falls, unfortunately no photo clicked at that time. all concentration was on the careful driving, thrilling experience[:D]

on the way to Dharagiri Falls
38.jpg
39.jpg
40.jpg

during walk to Dharagiri Falls
41.jpg

funny moment
42.jpg

Dharagiri Falls
44.jpg

both of Us
45.jpg

on the return journy we took long time to watch and shoot Burudih Lake
47.jpg
48.jpg
49.jpg
Burudi Lake Panorama_1.jpg

Thread Starter #9
After lunch doing some bird photography beside Subarnarekha rive near Galudih Dam [:D]

Loughing Dove
50.jpg
53.jpg

Clamorous Reed Warbler
51.jpg

Richard's Pipit
52.jpg

Indian Robin male
54.jpg

Lesser Whitethroat
55.jpg

Then returned to Rajanigandha Guest House