Short Trip To Sonanadi Wildlife Sanctuary (Photologue)

Thread Starter #1
Hello everyone, It was the evening of 19th November 2014 when I received call from my friends who told me to apply for the leave from office on 27th & 28th November, Since they have planned to visit Sonanadi wildlife Sanctury (Part of Jim Corbett from Lansdowne Side) and I immediately gave my acceptance. So, Finally the day arrived, we left from Delhi at 6 am with normal traffic.

Route Opted: Delhi>Merrut>Khatauli>Bijnor>Kiratpur>Kotdwar>Kalagarh (240 Kms)

Took the breakfast break at Cheetal Grand at 9:30 am and again left for our destination. We had booked the Forest Rest House at Mudiapani Range and reached there at 1 pm. When we reached there we came to know that due to some operational reasons, no entry is permitted at Haldpudao area (This was the only range where we can spot wildlife) [frustration]. Then we taught instead of arguing with forest officials and getting frustrated why not to enjoy the bird watching in the areas which are easily accessible. So the next two days were reserved for bird watching. We left back on 29th Morning and reached back to Delhi at 4 pm. Here are some of the photographs from the trip:-

Attachments

Thread Starter #3
Re: Short Trip To Sonanadi wildlife Sanctury (Photologue)

excellent pics. the safari got stuck?
Thanks Pravin. Yes, The Safari got stuck in river and it took 3 hours for us to get it out with the help of 4X4 from forest officials. We named it as "Operation Rescue Safari"[;)].

Nice photographs there ! Congrats and welcome aboard.
Lovely birds and loved that flower portrait too. I see one of you carrying a ‘bazooka’ there = more pictures a must.[:)]

Re: Short Trip To Sonanadi wildlife Sanctury (Photologue)

Thanks Pravin. Yes, The Safari got stuck in river and it took 3 hours for us to get it out with the help of 4X4 from forest officials. We named it as "Operation Rescue Safari"[;)].
Excellent pictures. The Safari looks smart even as it is standing stuck.

Just wanted to know why did it get stuck? I mean if you can be a bit mores specific as to how it got in the mess and if you can be a bit more elaborate on the "Operation recue safari".

Also if you can post an ownership review of that black beauty.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #7
Excellent pictures. The Safari looks smart even as it is standing stuck.

Just wanted to know why did it get stuck? I mean if you can be a bit mores specific as to how it got in the mess and if you can be a bit more elaborate on the "Operation recue safari".

Also if you can post an ownership review of that black beauty.
Thanks Chandranath. Well, This black beauty is owned by my friend (I own Swift Dzire). There was a proper river bed 10 meters besides the point where our safari got stuck. But at that time it was being driven by one of my friend since I was outside the car and was busy in photography. He was overconfident that the safari will cross the river. But while crossing the river the rear wheels got stuck in sand. After that due to no mobile network in the area, the FRH caretaker who was also with us to guide in the jungle, went to nearest Checkpost which was around 4 kms away and came back with the forest officials in traditional 4X4 vehicle with a piece of high tension wire to pull the vehicle. Once the vehicle reached there, It took 45 minutes to came out of that mess. and Safari was stuck so badly that the wire got broke twice while trying to Rescue Safarai.

Wow !
No words to say ! Excellent pics, waiting for more.
Thanks Rajvel.

Nice photographs there ! Congrats and welcome aboard.
Lovely birds and loved that flower portrait too. I see one of you carrying a ‘bazooka’ there = more pictures a must.[:)]
Thanks Manoj. The pics I have uploaded were very selective. More number of pics I have were the similar to these only. I had taken total of 235 Pics but while shortlisting it was limited to 50 Pics only.

Top Bottom