Photologue: Parambikulam Wildlife Sanctuary

Thread Starter #1
It was a long time pending trip, Which happend by last weekend during a usual visit to coimbatore for personal work.
No of persons : 6 Adults
Ride Selected : Maruti Ertiga Vdi
Asusual Our works at coimbatore got over and next day was return trip to pondicherry. Which was only a 6 hour journey and we desired to explore some new place. Just started for a plan to ooty. But ooty being visited numerous times in all the coimbatore trips. striked it off. wanted a new place to be explored. So started from valparai. But driving to valparai and returning on the same day was not a wise idea. So planned for topslip.
Topslip is on the way to parambikullam. At first we planned to visit topslip, suddenly i thought "Why not parambikullam ?
Topslip is the place where Annaimalai wildlife santuary is located. They offer elephant rides. Van rides into the forest. As i had plan only to visit parambikullam , we passed through topslip.
After pollachi, Topslip is the way pass to parambikullam. Topslip is in Tamilnadu. Whereas Parambikullam is Kerala, So we have to pass through a two checkpost which belongs to forest departments.
At the first tamilnadu checkpost, we have to pay
Rs 20 Per head
Rs 50 for a car
Rs 200 for a camera
Followed by some pics

Attachments

Thread Starter #2
Re: Photologue : Parambikullam Wildlife Santuary

Sorry for the low clarity pics !
After paying the entry fees we started our journey towards topslip by 1 Pm. It was around 2 We reached topslip and now we started feeling hungry. but topslip has a hotel which cooks food only we order. We asked the people coming from parambikullam for the food there. And in parambikulam tooo, it has a canteen which prepare limited meals and we were lucky enough to get dosa there. but after crossing topslip. Again we have to pay entry fees to kerala government. It was also the cost.

Attachments

Thread Starter #3

After Finishing our lunch we headed towards the office to get a seat in the van which takes people to visit forest.
The ticket costs 170 Rs per head.
The places covered in the package were Aliyar Dam, Parambikullam dam and 460 yrs old teak wood tree. We were allowed to take our rides only when we take accomadation inside the santuary. The santuary has three resorts. But we can take our ride along with a Forest Ranger Only.

Attachments

Thread Starter #4

On the way to the dam, we can spot the animals.
We spotted Spotted deer, samba deer, wild cow and a crocodile.

Attachments

Thread Starter #5
Some more pics

Attachments

Thread Starter #6
last place
Parambikullam Dam
Btw Forgot to say one thing. The aliyar dam has tunnel thru mountains and water passes through those tunnels. Aliyar dam is controlled by tamilnadu govt, whereas land belongs to kerala govt.

Attachments

Nice set of snaps raj. Roads look a bit damaged, is it same all the way or only at few stretches?

Thread Starter #8
Nice set of snaps raj. Roads look a bit damaged, is it same all the way or only at few stretches?
Tar Roads were fully damged in the hills bro. Rest those sandy streches were the road to visit the 460 yrs old tree. Ours sedans can easily manage all the strech.

looks like off late, the wild life density has gone done a lot. Did you take the Tamil Govt safari that takes you to thunkaaduvu dam and elephant training camp?

Nice set of pics. the climate is better now. one need to around 4000rs if you want inside the santuary and then you can take your ride inside the forest

I would suggest anyone to take the tamilnadu govt safari which gives you more chance of spooting wild life as the forests are a bit dense. your own vechile can be used provided the vechile is TN reg and you are a govt employee of some high order.

Last edited:
I with my friends visited Parambikulam around 7yrs back.... beautiful place, we stayed in a house inside the forest, you need to trek close to 6kms inside.

Attaching the picture where we stayed,

Two local guides accompanied us, they cooked dinner for us..there was no electricity and was a very different experience.

-Anand

Attachments

Thread Starter #13
looks like off late, the wild life density has gone done a lot. Did you take the Tamil Govt safari that takes you to thunkaaduvu dam and elephant training camp?

Nice set of pics. the climate is better now. one need to around 4000rs if you want inside the santuary and then you can take your ride inside the forest

I would suggest anyone to take the tamilnadu govt safari which gives you more chance of spooting wild life as the forests are a bit dense. your own vechile can be used provided the vechile is TN reg and you are a govt employee of some high order.
We didnt have time to visit bro !

Parambikulam is on our list of places to visit for a long time. Hope to make it soon.

Thanks for writing the TL and the info.
Make it soon ji.

I with my friends visited Parambikulam around 7yrs back.... beautiful place, we stayed in a house inside the forest, you need to trek close to 6kms inside.

Attaching the picture where we stayed,

Two local guides accompanied us, they cooked dinner for us..there was no electricity and was a very different experience.

-Anand
Post more pics if u have.

Nice set of Pics Raj[clap]

Will plan for a trip to Parambikulam Wildlife Sanctuary by next year[;)]
Thank you Appu bro.

Last edited:
More Pics of the place 8yrs back...

Attachments

Top Bottom