Travel with My Honda City 'Adamo'.

Thread Starter #1
28th August 2014
Went to office and almost half the workstation was empty due to long weekends, I started thinking man what are you doing here ( of course came to work) So called RNS in Murudeshwar and confirm the stay for one night and plan to follow TurboZone ‘s route plan from Bangalore

Day1: Bangalore - Jog falls - Murudeshwara
Day 2: Murudeshwara - Maple beach - Udipi - Sringeri(temple accomadation)
Day 3: Sringeri - Mullayangiri peak - Hebbe falls – Bangalore

Called my wife and she was soo excited to hear that as it will be our first long drive in our City. My Daughter was also excited and she started packing her Beach tools.
I set the Google Maps in my iPhone to Jog Falls and hit the bed to get up early.

DAY 1 :
29th August 2014.
Plan was to start by 6 am in the morning but as usual we started by 7.15 AM and took the nice road as I stay near Electronic city it was the best route for me.
The nice road was not that busy on this morning (it was jam packed on 15th August 2014 vacation, Hope people stay back at home to worship Ganesh Ji..)
Soon I took Tumkur road and started towards Shimoga, The route was very scenic and nice to drive in 100 KM/HR, I set the cruise on and used that almost where ever I can use. When I reached Tumkur the MID shows Average as 16.4 KMPL.
The road from Tumkur to Shimoga was also good. Stopped for lunch at a Hotel in Shimoga opp to Bus stand. Food was good. By this time it started raining in Shimoga, we started towards Jog falls hoping the rain will stop when we reach there.

few Pictures from Day 1.

Attachments

Thread Starter #2
Day 1. Continues…
It stopped raining and started drizzling when we reached Jog Falls. The visibility was Zero when we went to the view point to view the Falls.
My daughter started liking the place and she was happy to see her inside the Mist.

after waiting for the mist to get clear we thought of starting as it was not happening, so took my "Adamo" from the parking and came out from that place, then we saw the first glimpse of Jog Falls covered with Mist, we stopped the car and started taking pictures then the tourists started coming to that spot to have their trip complete by seeing the Jog falls.

Let the Picture talk from here

Attachments

Thread Starter #3
Few More Pictures......

Attachments

Thread Starter #4
Day 1 Continues ...

Now i faced my first problem, Till i stop in Jog falls the Range was showing 130 KMS to go but as soon as we started to move towards Murudeshwar, The Range started showing 80 KM to empty, i checked in the local shop for any fuel station near by and he told there is none but you can get petrol from small villages on route in Ghats. He also told i need to drive 30 KMS in Ghat section, Now i started worrying more about empty tank and cursed myself for not topup the tank in Shimoga itself.

after some 30 odd kms the Range starts to show 28 kms to go, igot worried and got some 3 Lts of petrol for 270 Rs (90 rs per Lts) from the near by village shop in Ghats and Now the Range started showing 128 KMS to go.

Then i felt little relif and started towards Murudeshwar, Once i reached Honnavar my first job was to Top Up the tank there, Its started raining once we reached Honnavar and it was pitch dark outside.

Here is where i faced my second problem, Around 7.15 PM It was dark outside and raining, road was not at all good, I hit a poth hole badly and after few kms my steering started pulling right, so i stopped near a small tea shop and found my Front Right side Tyre busted.

It took some time for me to change my spare Tyre, called the RNS Guest House and informed i will be late and confirmed for Puncture shop near by the Hotel.
I reached the Guest house by 9 pm, finish the formalities and Hit the bed with hoping to get some good things happen tomorrow.
Day 1 Ends here

DAY 2

Next day morning i got up earlier to see the Sun rise, My bad luck its still raining all the night. For some time the rain stopped and i started with my camera.

Few Pics to follow

Attachments

Thread Starter #5
Day 2 Continues ..

Had the Breakfast in Naveen Hotels and started towards the Beach, My daughter was ready with her plan to build Sand Castle in the beach, But once we reach the shore she started saying “Papa I will not play in this beach, Its dirty”. Then she started collecting she shells in the beach, spent some time there with her and we are forced to move out of that beach on viewing few homosapien started spoiling the beach with their Morning rituals right in front of Naveen Beach resort.
Then I realize the words from “Jayaram Ramesh” (an Indian economist and one of few good politician left in India) as “Toilets more important in India than temples.”.

Few more pictures from Murudeshwar

Attachments

Thread Starter #6
Around 9.30 Am I went to a Puncture shop nearby and took the busted tyre out, then only we saw that there are some 3-4 cuts in same place which will make that tire can’t be used as tubeless anymore, He gave me one used tube for 200 bucks and turned that tyre as Tube tyre and asked me to use as spare till I reach Bangalore. Total cost was 300 Rs

Now when I reached room back it started raining again, so my wife suggested me that we will not waste time at room here and we will move on towards Sringeri, so I checked out the hotel (Cost 1260 Rs Inclusive of one extra bed). Called Hotel Advaith Lancer in Sringeri and confirmed my booking for 4 Bedded room.
Set my Google Map to Hotel Advaith Lancer and started from Murudeshwar, took the Mangalore Highway it was good for few Kms and then it was worst i was almost driving in 1 & 2nd gear with little fear in my heart due to the stones and my last night disaster caused by stones.

Attachments

Thread Starter #7
Few Pictures with my Hotel room view in Sringeri and mt "Adamo" Parked in hotel after a long run.

Attachments

Thread Starter #8
The Road to Sringeri was very good and scenic, we saw a peacock on the way which was the only wildlife I saw in the entire trip. I was driving slowly enjoying the Nature at its best due to rains, all the sudden in middle of Someshwara sanctuary I felt my steering goes left this time, stopped the car immediately and saw the front left tyre to be flat. Was really worried about the continuous incidents happened from last evening. Changed the tyre and placed the tyre which was busted last night with tube inside now. As I need to drive in Ghats and cross Agumbe. With faith in god I moved further and some how reached Sringeri around 6 pm. Checked in the room had a nice hot water shower and went to see Sharadhambaa.

Had a very good darshan even watched the Aarthi and Pooja by 8.30 pm. Had dinner at temple itself came back and hit the bed by around 10 pm.
Day 2 Ends here.

Day 3

After Bath we filled the Tank in Sringeri and started towards Bangalore crossing Badra Wildlife Sanctuary. The road was good and i was driving cautiously as one more puncture will make my entire family to stand on the middle of wild life sanctuary. Thank god nothing happened like that and my beloved "Adamo" brought us home safely with one of her legs broken. Once i hit the Hasan - bangalore Highway i tried to move in 100 kms speed but felt steering rattled on that speed, this might be due to her broken leg.

Attachments

Great travelogue and wonderful pictures.

I think you skipped Mullayanagiri Peak.

When I visited Jog Falls 2013 August there was abundant water and the falls were furious . But prior to that several times it was JOKE FALLS without water.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...trip-splendid-goan-mahabaleswar-holidays.html

There are few things I would like to highlight when you are going for long drive.

* If you are using your car frequently for long drives, make sure you replace the tyres when they reach 80% of their life.

* One side tubed tyre and other side tubeless tyre would lead to wheel imbalancing due to the difference in weight, and the car may tend to pull to one side; but can't avoid in emergency situations.

* Make sure you check the air/nitrogen pressure in all the tyres before you start the trip.

* Refuel the vehicle when the fuel level reaches half tank. Sometimes you may get stranded due to nonavailability of fuel even if there are fuel stations.

* Never use the fuel bought from unauthorised vendors, it is highly adulterated, it may choke the injectors and lead to serious problems.

Yes TurboZone,
This Hotel was nice and clean. i don't know how it will be Temple Accomodation. Is that clean?

you will get spacious room with an attached dressing room and bathroom.
no compromise on cleanlines
if you are lucky you may get temple view[clap]

Last edited:
Fantastic pictures and neatly drafted TL Sorry to hear about the consecutive tyre bursts. Understand this is your first out station trip and the important info about long drives have already been shared by Ram sir.

All the best for your future trips

Thread Starter #15
Great travelogue and wonderful pictures.

I think you skipped Mullayanagiri Peak.

When I visited Jog Falls 2013 August there was abundant water and the falls were furious . But prior to that several times it was JOKE FALLS without water.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...trip-splendid-goan-mahabaleswar-holidays.html
Yes Ram Sir, i skipped that as when i reach Chickmangalore i was running without spare tyre as well as with one tube tyre which is not in good health

There are few things I would like to highlight when you are going for long drive.

* If you are using your car frequently for long drives, make sure you replace the tyres when they reach 80% of their life.
The tyres which got busted was only 13500 kms done when i started the trip.

* One side tubed tyre and other side tubeless tyre would lead to wheel imbalancing due to the difference in weight, and the car may tend to pull to one side; but can't avoid in emergency situations.

* Make sure you check the air/nitrogen pressure in all the tyres before you start the trip.

* Refuel the vehicle when the fuel level reaches half tank. Sometimes you may get stranded due to nonavailability of fuel even if there are fuel stations.
I checked the Tyre pressure in Shell Petrol Bulk and filled the tank there on Thursday night and yes i missed to check the fuel gauge when i reached shimoga .

* Never use the fuel bought from unauthorized vendors, it is highly adulterated, it may choke the injectors and lead to serious problems.
Normally i use Shell Petrol bulk in Bommanahalli for my Car as well as Bikes and with my 70,000 Kms clocked Ikon i never even went to any petrol bulk in remote villages as am afraid of adulteration of fuel. Mostly i stick to Shell or HP petrol bulk in my trips and if not able to found one then i use to go for other , but the situation forced me to get very minimal amount of fuel. Thank got after that i refuel the car and so far there was no problem due to that.

Last edited:

Top Bottom