Feeling the Rain @ Munnar

Thread Starter #1
I always love rain!! Not only it touches my body but also my soul !!
I was looking for a soul searching journey to rekindle the inside fire and hunger, to reenergise the body and to recharge the neurones with lots and lots of greenery.
After seeing images over internet, it didn't take me long time to decide the place.

The timing - 29th August to 31st August

The place - MUNNAR

One of the best places , I have ever travelled during rains. I had an awesome experience. No word can do justification to express the beauty. I will let the picture do the talking.

The explorers- Me,Better half, in-laws and my lady luck (my 1 year old daughter)
Nothing much to say about us. The regular average Indian middle class law abiding citizen.

The 4 wheels - Swift ZXI(2012)
My red beauty

The hotel - Westwood riverside garden resort,MSA road,New Munnar
The hotel was good but not great. The pice we paid for 2N-3D for 2 deluxe rooms was 11K including breakfast. the best part about the hotel was it's breakfast.

The guide - R. Krishnan(Mob:-09446977295)
The guy is very friendly and nice.He was our driver cum guide for the day tour from munnar. We asked the hotel guys for a day tour and this guy was called by the hotel. The hotel charged 1.5k for the day tour out of which this guy got 1K. I would recommend this guy to anyone looking for a day tour from munnar.If anyone wish to take his own vehicle, he can act as a driver cum guide.

Let the picture do the rest of talking.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
Re: Feeling the rain @Munnar

some more pics..

Attachments

Thread Starter #7
The Route

Onwards- Bangalore-Salem-Dindigul-Theni-Badi-Munnar
Till Dindigul, excellent 4 lane road. Dindigul to Theni, good 2 lane road. Theni to Badi, bad 1 lane road. Badi to Munnar , average 1 lane road.

Return - Munnar-Udumalpet-Erode-Salem-Bangalore
Till Udumalpet good 1 lane road but very scenic and less risky compared to Theni-Badi route. Udumalpet to Avinashi, good 2 lane road. Avinashi to Bangalore, excellent 4 lane road.

My suggestion would be to take the 2nd route .It is more scenic & less risky.

some more pics....

Attachments

Excellent superb photos - absolutely wallpaper material - can be part of natural scenery collection.

What camera & lens you are using?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #9
Excellent superb photos - absolutely wallpaper material - can be part of natural scenery collection.

What camera & lens you are using?
The Camera

I am using Nikon d7000 + Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f3.5-5.6G ED VR-II Lens.

Attachments

Wonderful set of snaps. Awesome buddy. Hope you had a nice time and enjoyed a lot.
Do post more snaps.

Thread Starter #11
Wonderful set of snaps. Awesome buddy. Hope you had a nice time and enjoyed a lot.
Do post more snaps.
Thanks for your complement buddy. I just tried my hand with the camera and thank god, it turned out well.
In real, the place was more beautiful than the snaps. The experience was awesome.
The experience of driving a car inside the clouds with near zero visibility is unbelievable!![:D]
I will try to post some more pics and write a detail travelogue as soon as time permits me.

Attachments

Top Bottom