Story of a Couple of couples enjoyed a couple of days at a Hill station, a couple of 100km away from home.
This is my one and only trip which went 100% as planned. Myself and my friend were planning for this trip from a month back and we could do it last weekend only.
- Started around 6:30am from home.
- Had breakfast at Hotel Aryas - Vollore
- Headed towards Golden temple
- Had a very good Darshan and started to Jalagamparai Water falls around 11:30
- At Ponneri (Yelagiri Foot hill) enquired about water at falls and as expected we got a negative answer. But I wanted to visit that place to confirm the road condition and any other view points on the way.
- Reached Jalagamparai around 01:00pm, did some quick photo shots, and started towards Yelagiri.
- Reached Yelagiri by 02:30
- Had lunch at "Food Corner" (I hope a newly constructed restaurant, taste was good)
- Went to Lake, had a nice walk around the lake (Entry fee 10 INR/adult + 5INR for camera)
Weather was pleasant. Worst part is we forgot about hotel booking and by evening started hunting for rooms. Finally managed to get 2 rooms at Dhanis Hotel (5 mins walk from Lake) Rooms were pretty decent, spacious and clean (1200 INR/room - Non AC)
- After a short refreshment went to Nature Park (Entry fee 10 INR/adult + camera 10 INR)
- Spent around 30 mins in light show (Entry fee 25 INR/adult)
- Spent around an hour at "Kodai Vizha" festival
Next day went back to the lake for boating. There was a big crowd waiting for boating as all boats were occupied for Boat racing (a part of Kodai Vizha) After spending an hour and more around the lake there is no sign of crowd growing smaller. By afternoon started towards Chennai.
Had lunch at Ambur Star Briyani. Reached Sriperumpudur by 05:30pm and went to Rajiv Gandhi memorial. Spent around an hour and reached home by 07:30pm