More details about the trip.
Ride: Nissan Sunny
Rider: only myself
Distance covered: 414 km
Fuel Consumed: 22.3 liters
FE: 18.56 kmpl
Route: Palladam --> Udumalpet --> Munnar --> Udumalpet --> Palladam
Toll Fee: Nil (Officially
) Care Points:
- Only few fuel stations are available at Munnar and they are crowded always. Better to fill the tank before we enter the Ghat section.
- Family planning for trip with packed food, beware of the monkeys (happen to see a group of monkeys snatching the food items from a family)
- Book the hotel in advance (especially during season)
- Language should not be a major issue. Most of the taxi / jeep drivers and restaurant attenders could speak/manage to communicate in English.
- Most of the hotels don't have sufficient parking, we are left with the only option of roadside parking. Cover your cars to avoid water splash (during monsoon)
- For the entire trip I could see only a couple of Tire repair shops (may be I missed a few) Have healthy tires before you start the trip.
- All variety of food (South Indian, North Indian, Chinese, blahblahblah both Veg/ & on-veg) are available at Munnar (City center) No worries