My Recent Trip To Amsterdam and Paris !!

Thread Starter #1
Friends,

I have visited Amsterdam and Paris during May 2014 for a business and also as a speaker at an international conference. Without boring you guys much I just mention few things about the trip here and pics will speak more. Later on members can ask me any queries related to travel,stay,going around in these places[:)]

Thread purpose : To write few travel related things about Amsterdam and Paris which may help members and to show many cars I spotted.
Trip purpose : already mentioned above
Route : Hyderabad-Mumbai-Hyderabad by train
Mumbai - Amsterdam - Mumbai by KLM operated by Delta
Amsterdam - Paris - Amsterdam by Thalys train

I started from Hyderabad on 17th to Mumbai by train and reached by 18th afternoon. Spoke to few members in Mumbai and finally it was Sandykudva,Raja,Storme911,nigel decided to meet me for dinner and drop me at the airport as I have to take a flight at 1.10am(19th).

I checked into a hotel at Sakinaka which is near to Airport and all our friends so kind enough to come all the way there. We met around 6pm evening and proceeded to Reliance digital near by as Sandy wanted to check some laptops and finally ended up Raja buying a Sony RX 100 camera[lol]. It is really an excellent camera and got a very good price. Details about it will be presented by Raja in appropriate section.

Then we moved to a coffee shop and had a chat for some time and proceed to the nearest newly opened Persian Darbar. Wow its ambiance is really great and I am delighted. We all had an excellent dinner hosted by our Mumbai members. It was time for me to leave to the airport and all our friends were kind enough to drop me at the airport. I thank our Mumbai members for their time and gesture.

Now comes the story of reaching Amsterdam, the flight was on time and landed there at 7.30am on 19th like many other European cities Amsterdam was too good and I had rushed to my home stay and fresh up and reach Amsterdam Centraal station to catch my Thalys train to Paris.

Thalys is a super fast train run between Amsterdam-Paris and train inside was too good equipped with a welcome bar in middle. Due to time constraint I had to come back same day so my Paris visit was bit hectic. Reached Paris around 3pm and proceed for a business meeting, finished it by 5.30pm and walked down to Eiffel tower which was very close. Oh man it was really huge and took some pics of the same and I couldn't climb up the tower as I left with very less time to catch my return train at 7.30 back to Amsterdam. Reached back by 11pm and took a tram and reached home stay around 11.45pm.

For the next 3 days was at Amsterdam for the conference, so could get a little time while travelling by tram every day to explore the city. It is an excellent city with canals every where, bicycles, trams, buses, ferries every where. Pics will do justice than writing much here.

In return my direct flight to Mumbai got cancelled, so have to come via Abudabi to Mumbai. Finally it was a great trip and I loved Amsterdam very much.

I am at your disposal if any member wants information on stay, travel aids any other information on Amsterdam[:)]

Pics sequence

1. With Mumbai friends
2. In flight to Amsterdam
3. on the way to paris and back
4. At paris
5. Amsterdam including on my way to my home stay
6. In flight to Abudabi-Mumbai

Wish you guys like this travelogue !!

Request : Till I finish posting all the pics, please reserve your posts

Awesome sir good to hear you had a great journey really missed the chance to meet you at Pune as i was out of station. We will surely meet next time

RK where are the pictures man, you cant just serve the appetizer here and leave us waiting[lol]
Good to hear about your mini meet at mumbai.
Looking forward to see pictures.

Thread Starter #7
Hmm, I am extremely sorry for the delay friends as I had an important meeting to finish. I am back and the pics will follow now, please remember the order I mentioned as I cannot add caption to each pic but adding a heading for set of pics

MUMBAI friends and small meet at Reliance Digital

Attachments

Thread Starter #8
Pics continued..

Mumbai International Airport, New Terminal 2, it is just Amazing !!

Attachments

Thread Starter #9
Pics continued..

Inflight to Amsterdam and In train to Paris see the Brussels, other small towns, houses, Tulip fields(unfortunately they are empty, I am little ahead of Tulip season)

Attachments

Thread Starter #10
Pics continued..

Paris, Eiffel Tower

Attachments

Thread Starter #11
Paris pics continued..

Attachments

Thread Starter #12
Amsterdam you can see my home stay, surroundings, tram station, trams, amsterdam centraal station, conference venue, Amsterdam streets

Attachments

Thread Starter #14
Amsterdam continued

Attachments

Chala super pics RK garu.

BTW who is that girl in red?

As soon as you steped on the shores of Amsterdam, did you get the feeling that, "Man, where is the Junta? Is this a holiday?" I had that feeling when I had been to UK ages ago.

Last edited:

Top Bottom