Delhi To Chattisgarh in Maruti Alto LX

Thread Starter #1
Hi friends this is my first travaloge with very few details and pics, kindly forgave me for this, next roadtrip will surely have lot of pics... (not good in writing.)

As introduced in forum, we have purchased alto l few months back, and as car was purchased for me, it was time to bring her to new home...

Man of the Match : 2012 Alto lx with 17238 k.m.
Persons : 3
Journey Start Time : 25th Feb @ 4.20AM
Journey End Time : 26th Feb @ 6.30 PM
Total kilometers covered : 1174km

Really have to accept it was very long and dangerous journey...

We started at 4.20 AM from Badarpur, New Delhi. On previous day discussion I was arguing to start @ 6 AM and go via Agra expressway to beat traffic on NH till agra, But Dad was against it due to around 350+ toll fee and 200+ car speeds (of other cars) and i was thinking for traffic, Road condition, sudden surprises and peoples around NH and finally he won...

He was right. There was almost nil traffic on NH2, Metro construction was going on around Faridabad and Ballavgarh. around 7 AM we reached Agra, City was still sleeping, and i thank god for that.

Reason : Agra don't have any bypass to cross it. have to go via MG Road - Dholpur - gwalior and road goes from deep inside road. and i'm sure that road is jammed during peak hours like 9-11 am. We still found some stupid Autowallas, one was talking on phone and crossing road, in-spite of continuous honking was keep coming slowly. Dad gave him few sweet words too...

Weather was in our favor during entire journey. it was raining or weather was cold and comfortable and it resulted to good performance and zero stress on engine. Infect after around 400 KM dad checked Engine and found it was so cold that we even touched it. was not warm at all..
25022014030.jpg

25022014031.jpg

25022014032.jpg

25022014033.jpg

25022014034.jpg

25022014035.jpg

Road condition : till Gwalior roads were good, There is new bypass for Gwalior and it goes till UP border of jhansi. But Roads are really very bad around 100 KM of jhansi. Bad means really VERY BAD. Can't drive over 20 kmph unless you want to break your car. After Babina, road came to superb conditions.

We were planning to halt at Sagar, but reached there at 5 PM so thought to cover some more.and drove till 6.30 PM and settled for Deori.
Found a good louge for 250 for night. It was tractor showroom on ground floor. Requested owner to park our car in showroom in night and he agreed with Rs 300/- It Was great relief for us as Leaving car on open road in unknown City is really risky..

Ordered dinner and sleept very tightly....

Highlights :
covered around 700 KM, NO Halt for car, only stopped for breakfast, tea breaks, Alto is really very powerful car, must say.

In jhansi, its really scary, Peoples travel there with Guns openly. bad roads.
STRICT NO NIGHT DRIVING IN THIS AREA, BETTER TO AVOID TRAVEL WITH LADIES. Just think of Road rage with these peoples, or Vichle breakdown here?

In MP Lot of people Drive on WRONG side ON HIGH SPEEDS ( 90+) WITH NO INDICATION (no deepers/horns) AND ON RIGHT SIDE, even if you pretends to don't giving side, they seems to have head on accident.. they simply don't care for anyone's life.
AND A TRUCK DRIVER HAVE TO PAY PRICE FOR THIS ON TUESDAY
Story :
we were around 30 km before sagar. This is 6 lane highway with no petrol pump in 150 KM area. we were having around 4 bars at lalit pur and Dad suggest to refill around sagar. but we didn't found any petrol pump till next 150 KM's Highway was lonely and scary. fuel bar was beeping with low fuel indicator.
And we saw 2 trucks standing on highway. It was accident happened just 5 min. before. Actually a truck was going on in right direction around 90+ speed as its lonely highway and there was construction going on there. So a loaded truck came on highway and was travelling on WRONG SIDE on Right hand side of highway. ( as per villagers that cons. truck suddenly came on highway and swing to right directly and second truck banged into it.) both trucks were crushed The person who was travelling in right direction lost his life. he got smashed between truck body. whole skeleton and bones were visible.... blood all over was mixed with diesel... Cleaner was crying loudly sitting next to that smashed body...

2nd truck driver lost his life because of that stupid act of 1st truck driver, and 1st truck driver was alive, with blood all over his body...
We enquired for fuel pump from villagers and got to know that petrol is available on every village and dhabas, and pump is about 15 KM's far be brought 2 liters of petrol and low fuel light was still beeping..

it was very scary.. WRONG SIDE DRIVING is very Common in MP highways so, my sincere REQUEST is to be in middle lane, to avoid such accidents.
i was driving before this accident, after i saw this, i lost confidence, DAD drove from here, and there was pin droop silence in car for next 1 hour, every one was so shocked. After This i never crossed 70 kmph and dad 90 kmph on entire trip..

Reached sagar pump was around 30 KM instead of 15 KM, refueled and Alto filled 33.09 liter petrol, i think its tank have capacity of 35 liters... means if we didn't found those 2 liters, we were standing Somewhere on Road..
Kindly Refill on half tank mark on highways..

Alto returned us milage of 19.70 including that 100 km bad roads with a/c on 50% time.

Day 2
Starting : Deori - jabalpur - kawardha- rajnandgaon
Total : 480 KM
Start time : 06.00AM
End Time : 06.30 PM
No refueling was needed as tank full was done few KM's before in Sagar.

I would like to suggest to Take Nagpur route instead of this, as This whole route is between dense forest and ghat areas and some what naxalism, doesn't gave comfortable feeling, better to avoid it..
Road condition is also worse in some areas of jabalpur..
During driving on one such bad road, car got scratched under belly , sylencer got hit, and was rattling, got it repared

Attachments

Great Journey Indded, but why it is not completed yet ?

Thread created 27th Feb and only live today.

Can't wait to read the rest of it.

Thread Starter #4
Sorry about that, actually i dont have much details and pics so lost interest in it.! BUt thanks to this journey that now i can help others with route conditions on this route as this is very less traveled route (might be because of bad roads)

We got car repaired at jabalpur, car was got damaged by some stone on the road., it was 50/- job. After that Ghat section of chilfi ghati starts, as this area is some what naxils affected we didn't dare to stop. Road conditions are very bad in some sections Strictly no NIGHT driving on this section. Scenery is really beautiful. BUT no pics sorry!

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom