A Short & Sweet Visit To Yercaud

Thread Starter #1
Here is my first attempt at writing something useful and creative [embarass]

Planned to Spend a weekend away all the hustle bustle of City life but don't want drive long distance , had a chat with wifey and decided we go to Yercaud

Here is the route we took

and beast i [drive] to Yercaud and it made all the 18 odd hair pin bends with ease

Ford Ecosport 1.0Lt Petrol EcoBoost Variant (Chill Metallic) Titanium

After some searching found a sweet deal in agoda.com (no idea why it thought i was NRI and showed the price in $ )

Here is short story :

We planned to start early but due me being lazy i woke up late we started around 11am if i am not wrong and reached they by 3:30pm , has some lunch at the resort we stayed (Golden Nest Resorts)

Golden Nest Resorts (Yercaud, Tamil Nadu) - Hotel reviews, photos, rates - TripAdvisor

once i reached there we got pleasant surprise and our room was facing the hill front rather than a boring wall :P

we explored lots of places in Yercaud but most exiting and tiresome place to visit is killiyur falls , you have to wake 1-2km downhill to get to the falls and same way up hills which we took lots of breaks to reach the parking area.

once we saw most of the places we took the day off and resting in comfy and warm interiors of the Resort as it freaking cold outside.

2nd Day we went to all other popular tourist spots like Ladies . Gents and Children Points , Deer Park and of course the boat ride in the lake.

As i wanted to Reach Bangalore before its Dark i started early then i did stupid while reversing the beast [frustration]

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/maintaining-my-ride/15748-price-check-fixing-15-cm-dent-new-ford-ecosport.html

well got my first hump then looking at the damage and wanted to bang my head against a wall is i am not a new driver to make this silly mistake.

Then started towards bangalore as its was getting late.

Hope my short travelogue isn't boring. Thanks for time :D and happy Driving

Please find Rest of images as Attachment

IMG_20131215_101654-PANO.jpg
IMG_20131215_102526714.jpg IMG_20131215_121602026.jpg IMG_20131215_124553668.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
Nice pictures. guess the visit is a recent trip. how cold it was there? add few more pictures if you have.
Yes , We went to Yercaud last month , hmm it was hovering around 12-15C , here are more pictures i could find (attached) [:D]

Attachments

Here is my first attempt at writing something useful and creative [embarass]

Planned to Spend a weekend away all the hustle bustle of City life but don't want drive long distance , had a chat with wifey and decided we go to Yercaud

Here is the route we took
There is one more route that you can take to make it a more scenic. You avoid going through salem city.
http://goo.gl/maps/G53Lm

Last edited:

Top Bottom