A Short Trip To One of the Oldest Shrines in India: Konankuppam

Thread Starter #1
As I met with an accident, my mom said that we should visit konnankuppam- a famous shrines of the Jesus Christ. my mom has a strong belief in this church and in chootanikarai bagavathi amman temple Kerala. so we started from Chennai to vriddachalam( my home town) for pongal holidays. this place is near to my home town.

route to reach this place:

chennai-villupuram-ulunderpet-then take SH 10 towards vriddachalam- reach mangalampet- then take a right turn after crossing the town.

this is one of the oldest shrines and lot of Christians visit this place from all over the world. Konankuppam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

if you have any problems in life, you can get a saree and give it to the mother in the chruch and pray to the almighty. then they will drape the saree to the statue of mary madha. this solves problems in life. yes it's a sort of magical place and the places are often heard by god.

Attachments

Re: a short trip to one of the oldest shrines in india

route to reach this place:
chennai-villupuram-ulunderpet-then take SH 10 towards vriddachalam- reach mangalampet- then take a right turn after crossing the town.
Hi Pravin.
Can you mark this location on a google map - screen image. How far from Chennai?

Thread Starter #3

it's nearly 210 kilometers from Chennai. you can drive in 3 hours 30 minutes. National highways 45 from Chennai to unluduerpet. then take SH 10 towards vriddachalam.

Attachments

it's nearly 210 kilometers from Chennai. you can drive in 3 hours 30 minutes. National highways 45 from Chennai to unluduerpet. then take SH 10 towards vriddachalam.
Nice. I visited recently the Basilica of Our Lady of Good Health, Velankanni Church. It was a good experience. Wish to visit again. How far from this place, Nagapattanam? Can we accommodate in one day program? How the Safari performed during the trip?

Let me also add some pictures of my trip. I visited this place some time back, and now interested to visit again. One tour operator at Kottayam, Kerala provided the facility.

vac2011 021.JPG
vac2011 020.jpg
vac2011 019.JPG

Thread Starter #6
mathew it's about 160kms from velankanni.you can do it under 5 hours. the chruch itself provides you stay. decent quality food can be bought from mangalampettai which is 5kms from konnakuppam.

route map from velankannai-nagapattinam-karaikal-sirkazhi-chidambaram-vriddachalam-mangalampettai-konakuppam.

I'm happy with buying this used safari. i have done many long trips including my ooty trip. http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/voyage-junction/15808-travelogue-ooty.html

currently I'm reclaiming my life with the safari[clap]

Top Bottom