Bangalore-Kolar-Bangalore Cycled!

Thread Starter #1
Went for a solo ride last Saturday from Bangalore to Kolar and back. It was crazy!! This was my long ride after my last trip to Mysore from Bangalore in September. Long straight highway was a little boring to me as I was riding all alone and the highway was also kinda deserted. Started out at 4:30 AM from my house in RT Nagar to reach KR PURAM Bridge. One of my friend was supposed to come for the ride from Indiranagar and we had planned to meet up at 5:30 AM. Unfortunately, when I called him, he was still in bed[anger] So I just told him to go back to sleep[lol] I said to myself, what the hell, I am going to ride alone. Started my journey by sharp 5.45. Reached Dasarahalli at 7:30 am. Had ildi/vada for breakfast. Took 20 mins break. And continued my journey till Kolar without any breaks inbetween and I was able to reach at 9:30.
Found a ShantiSagar hotel, but wasnt feeling hungry so i had only a bottle of slice. relaxed for 1 hour doing nothing. And set my journey back to Bangalore at 10:30. The sun was not in my favor. It was hot! This time I took 1 break every 20 kms. And lots of tender coconut on the highway. I helped a lot. My GPS was on the entire time so my phone battery was almost over when I reached Whitefeld. I had to switchoff. Wanted to record my entire journey but could nt help it. The map shows only Whitefield on the way back. I had already done 123+ kms. So I guess I did about 148 KMs till RT nagar. Reached home at 3 PM. Overall, I had a good time riding solo:)

Attachments

Last edited:

Top Bottom